WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a very popular statement people always make online with such authority.

So tell me why does the FBI waste their time giving lie detector tests to suspects if it’s useless? For fun?

I have a good friend who is the chief of police of a small city in upstate NY, and I asked him about polygraphs. He told me they use them for internal investigations on cops, for job interviews and all kinds of things WITHIN the department. But yet every amateur online always says their useless… who to believe?

People say they're useless because they aren't admissible in court/a trial. I believe LE would use them in an investigation as if someone fails one, then LE has some leverage to use within the confines of an interrogation but I don't believe lie detector results are going to be used to convict anyone OR even to solely convince a judge to sign a search warrant. JMO

People say they're useless because they aren't admissible in court/a trial. I believe LE would use them in an investigation as if someone fails one, then LE has some leverage to use within the confines of an interrogation but I don't believe lie detector results are going to be used to convict anyone OR even to solely convince a judge to sign a search warrant. JMO
Agreed. But I do think some judges would sign a search warrant as long as there were other evidence or the person seemed highly suspicious.
You know, LE has evolved some over the years, they do things differently in some cases, whereas 20 - 30 years ago they usually had so little to work with, lie detectors were standards they relied on frequently.

Agreed. But I do think some judges would sign a search warrant as long as there were other evidence or the person seemed highly suspicious.
You know, LE has evolved some over the years, they do things differently in some cases, whereas 20 - 30 years ago they usually had so little to work with, lie detectors were standards they relied on frequently.

I think they could be used to get a warrant in combination with other pieces of evidence but I doubt they'd write one solely on just a failed polygraph. JMO

I'm new to Websleuths, but I've been following this case since the beginning. I was hopeful at first, given that authorities believed James was possibly attempting a survivalist mission, but the more time that passes, the more bleak it seems. Best case scenario is he's hiding out at someone's house where he is SAFE, although that would mean whoever he is with would be harboring a runaway. I don't like to think about the other possible scenarios, as none of them could be good.
MOO

Edit to add: I suppose another better case scenario is that he is still alive and well while successfully carrying out his survivalist mission. I don't know enough about him or the area to have an opinion on the likelihood of this still being a possibility. Keeping him in my thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm new to Websleuths, but I've been following this case since the beginning. I was hopeful at first, given that authorities believed James was possibly attempting a survivalist mission, but the more time that passes, the more bleak it seems. Best case scenario is he's hiding out at someone's house where he is SAFE, although that would mean whoever he is with would be harboring a runaway. I don't like to think about the other possible scenarios, as none of them could be good.
MOO

Edit to add: I suppose another better case scenario is that he is still alive and well while successfully carrying out his survivalist mission. I don't know enough about him or the area to have an opinion on the likelihood of.this still being a possibility. Keeping him in my thoughts.
Welcome to WS!

and unfortuately, got innocent people in trouble and let others walk free.

This is a very popular statement people always make online with such authority.

So tell me why does the FBI waste their time giving lie detector tests to suspects if it’s useless? For fun?

I have a good friend who is the chief of police of a small city in upstate NY, and I asked him about polygraphs. He told me they use them for internal investigations on cops, for job interviews and all kinds of things WITHIN the department. But yet every amateur online always says their useless… who to believe?
They're used by LE departments to judge whether someone is willing to take one - believing that people unwilling to take a polygraph are guilty. Which isn't always true.

I volunteered to take a polygraph, for an agency trying to train polygraph staff, and I failed horribly. I didn't even pass questions on what my address was, and whether I'd had children.

They're used by LE departments to judge whether someone is willing to take one - believing that people unwilling to take a polygraph are guilty. Which isn't always true.

I volunteered to take a polygraph, for an agency trying to train polygraph staff, and I failed horribly. I didn't even pass questions on what my address was, and whether I'd had children.
Again, LE cannot arrest or charge a person based solely on their polygraph results. There has to be some other evidence to base suspicion on. Also cases are not won or lost in court because of polygraph results, since even the mention of them is not allowed in court.

Silly question, but has anyone seen a different picture of James? The only one I’ve seen has always looked fairly pixelated to me, not very clear. What would he look like now, maybe with longer hair?

I can’t remember, or locate right now, did they find the father’s cellphone? In the vehicle or at the campsite? I wonder why he took it with him if he didn’t plan to use it? Did he not have a cell phone of his own? Guess I’m a bit behind on details, although I have sure been trying to keep up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back