WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is merely an opinion but LE usually does not administer polygraphs without cause. Perhaps the father took one so police would learn he's not involved in James being missing. The polygrapher interprets which questions or set of questions the subject reacts to with sensitivity. It helps police with their investigations to learn what part of the incident that occurred may be sensitive to the subject.

Why isn't his family beseeching James to come home, passing out flyers, organizing search groups? Maybe, his father feels he has done all he can do. It has been 4 months. James is not an adult but maybe he struck out on his own as if he were one.

The preteen years, age 13, are filled with many emotions. Some feel they're not being heard or understood or loved and wanted. Is it unusual for a child of 13 to wish to die and to take actions in that regard? Yes.

The suicide rate among males in 2021 was approximately four times higher than the rate among females. Males make up 50% of the population but nearly 80% of suicides. CDC

I really thought he would have been found by now. Hoping he’s safe somewhere.
That's what I was hoping for as well. I was so hoping that he was on an adventure and would be back by now. That we are hearing so little from LE and the family both is concerning. Wish we knew more about his Mom and other family members, if there are any and where they are located. He didn't just fall off the face of the earth........

Is it unusual for a child of 13 to wish to die and to take actions in that regard? Yes.

Is it unusual? I don't think suicidal thoughts among preteens and teens are unusual. Self-harm or attempts aren't all that rare. Some of us experienced this. I had thoughts daily. It is tragic, yes.

Some kids hide their feelings and some don't, but many parents don't know what to do besides seeking a therapist.

I don't place blame on anyone (including the parents), because no one really tells teens nor parents how to navigate these feelings 24/7. Weekly therapy is a band-aid, if it even helps. IMO/JMO.

Someone above implied the case feels off, but if you see how many teens are going missing around the country each day, I think this is similar but he's in the minority that has stayed missing for a longer time.

I don't know what to think about this case.

I don't understand why there isn't more attention to the case. He's 13, no matter how resourceful and resilient he is, he's still 13 and he's still missing.

Not feeling a strong sense of urgency from LE.

If James hadn't taken his father's car and a weapon, we also wouldn't hear of the search for him. Sadly, he would be one of the many missing children, whose fate remains unknown for a more or less long time. :( It is always a drama, for the child and the family.

I don't know what to think about this case.

I don't understand why there isn't more attention to the case. He's 13, no matter how resourceful and resilient he is, he's still 13 and he's still missing.

Not feeling a strong sense of urgency from LE.
I think we are going to hear about James when he turns 18 and he turns himself into LE t have his name removed as a missing person. It's another case like Alicia Navarro, IMO.

I think we are going to hear about James when he turns 18 and he turns himself into LE t have his name removed as a missing person. It's another case like Alicia Navarro, IMO.
I'd take that over another dead kid, by suicide, foul play, or misadventure, any day of the week. And I'd take a clear answer over never knowing. I've read a bunch of threads in the last few days where the kids are just... gone. Serenity. Asha. Like they've slipped through some thin place in the veil between the worlds and disappeared completely, like Picnic at Hanging Rock. It's unsettling because it feels so uncanny, and yet there is no magic behind it, and no metaphysical explanation like in the deleted chapter of that novel. It's all completely real life things happening or being done to people, and yet without the body, there's only questions.

I hope James is one of those for whom we, and his family, get answers.

MOO

If that's the case, they're kidnapping victims who don't understand that/how they are being victimized...
That's definitely possible. Imo it's also possible for them to be quite aware of their situation and feel like the option they've chosen is the best one available to them, even if they know it leaves much to be desired.

Not talking about this case but just in general, kids with a terrible home life often don't have any good options. If there's no decent relative or family friend to turn to, their choices might be the foster care system (a big scary question mark as far as where they'll land), or whatever other options happen to be in front of them at the time. :(

That's definitely possible. Imo it's also possible for them to be quite aware of their situation and feel like the option they've chosen is the best one available to them,

But they are still victims and a crime was still committed in 100% of such cases. They are too young to consent and not legally emancipated. You can't just take a 13- or 14-year-old away from their family to go live with you. No matter what the teenager thinks they want, it's a moot point, legally and morally.
IMO.

But they are still victims and a crime was still committed in 100% of such cases. They are too young to consent and not legally emancipated. You can't just take a 13- or 14-year-old away from their family to go live with you. No matter what the teenager thinks they want, it's a moot point, legally and morally.
IMO
Definitely. And it's a shame that it is such a moot point because kids who aren't fortunate enough to have a decent parent figure often don't have any good options, in reality.

Last edited:
Definitely. And it's a shame that it is such a moot point because kids who aren't fortunate enough to have a decent parent figure often don't have any good options, in reality.
I take all of your points respectfully, sherrylock and chatteringbirds, but I'd like to bring this back to James. I don't think there's any indication at this point of him having a less than ideal home life.

MOO

I take all of your points respectfully, sherrylock and chatteringbirds, but I'd like to bring this back to James. I don't think there's any indication at this point of him having a less than ideal home life.

MOO

I agree with you regarding both cases. My comments were to say that if he was lured away or is living with someone, they should take the case as seriously as any abduction victim and not stop searching or investigating to the fullest. That his age is what's relevant, not whether some think he "wants" to be missing.

You know, now that I think about it, that's a fair question. Especially when you consider that the only photo we have of James looks like it was computer generated.

I recall an article in which an official said he was surprised how often parents of missing teens have no recent photos to provide.

But maybe things aren't what they seem with this case, IDK.

I agree with you regarding both cases. My comments were to say that if he was lured away or is living with someone, they should take the case as seriously as any abduction victim and not stop searching or investigating to the fullest. That his age is what's relevant, not whether some think he "wants" to be missing.
I have re-read the recent thread posts and did not see anyone say or imply that James' young age wasn't relevant or that the investigation or search should be any less if he left by choice than if he was abducted. So perhaps you misunderstood something there.
------------------------------------------------
Anyway, if I recall correctly, there typically are lulls like the current one in the public announcements after a while, if no new info. comes in. There are a lot at first, and then less as time goes on. And it's been, what, four months now? So I'm not sure it means anything (except, of course, that he is still missing). I wouldn't doubt if LE knows more than they're saying, though. After cases are solved, it seems like we usually get a lot of background information then. All MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back