WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs, 13, is seen for the first time after her escape | Daily Mail Online
  • Jake Thomas Patterson is in custody on two charges of first degree intentional homicide in the deaths of Jayme's parents and one count of kidnapping
  • Jayme Closs, 13, was found alive in Douglas County, Wisconsin
  • The teen has been pictured just hours after she was found
  • She was abducted from her home in October, when her parents, James and Denise Closs, were murdered
  • Police now say she was 'targeted' but that there was no previous contact
  • The company Jayme's parents worked at for 27 years issued a statement Friday saying Patterson was hired one day but quit the next
  • Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald say unemployed Patterson 'planned his actions and took many steps to hide his identity'
  • Patterson's neighbor says she didn't know he was living in the house and hadn't seen Jayme around
  • Jayme located in town of Gordon 70 miles from her home Barron, Wisconsin
  • Teen described by couple as 'skinny, dirty and wearing shoes too big for her feet'
  • Kristin and Peter Kasinskas said teen declined food but seemed 'outwardly OK'
  • Jayme said 'who she believed had her' and spoke about 'being locked up'
  • Her relieved family have said she 'is talking and doing very well'
2019 1 11 B.JPG 2019 1 11.JPG 8400618-6580017-image-m-9_1547214080279.jpg
8400656-6580017-image-a-2_1547211159552.jpg 8417774-6582265-image-a-61_1547241521144.jpg 8394958-6580017-image-m-16_1547199929386 (1).jpg

jake-patterson3.jpeg

FOX6 Investigator Bryan Polcyn: "You had no inkling or indication that she was coming or going or that she was anywhere nearby?"

Adam Wilson: "Oh heck no. Not one bit. You know the house that supposedly she was at was very low key."
Adam Wilson and his family spend weekends at their cabin just three doors down from the Pattersons, but never suspected a thing.

"They were super nice. Very generous. Welcomed me to the neighborhood, said if I ever need anything -- tools or anything -- I could come down, knock on the door and ask," said Wilson.

‘They were super nice:’ Kidnapping suspect Jake Patterson worked with Jayme Closs’ parents for a day

JAN 11, 2019
VIDEO: WTRF 7News on Twitter
13-year old Jayme Closs is recovering in the hospital after being missing for three months. She was found Thursday afternoon about 65 miles from her home. Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec describes the moment she was found alive and how deputies took a suspect into custody.

JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs reunited at hospital with aunt
0111_closs_family.jpg
Jayme Closs has been reunited with her aunt, Jennifer Naiberg Smith, today at the hospital, according to Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald.

The family shared a photo today of the reunion.

She will be reunited with other family members by tomorrow, Fitzgerald said.

During a Friday afternoon news conference, Fitzgerald said the Douglas County man accused of kidnapping Jayme Closs and killing her parents had made extensive plans to kidnap the Barron County teen.

“The suspect had specific intentions to kidnap Jayme, and went to great lengths to prepare to take her,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a Friday afternoon news conference.

JAN 11, 2019
Authorities investigating criminal history of Closs suspect's brother
The suspect in the Jayme Closs case, Jake Patterson, has no criminal record to speak of - not even a parking ticket. However, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says detectives are looking at the criminal history of his brother.

"We did get a tip on a sibling that has some criminal record,” said Sheriff Fitzgerald. “Our DCI and FBI teams are looking into that. I didn't look into his record. That just came in on our tipline.”

It's important to point out, investigators believe Jake Patterson acted alone in the abduction of Jayme and the murder of her parents. There are no other suspects in the case at this point.

The suspect’s brother, 24-year-old EP, is a convicted sex offender and at one time lived in the same home in Gordon, Wisconsin, where Jayme was held captive.

According to court records, six years ago, when EP was 18, he drove from Gordon to Buffalo City, nearly three hours away, to meet a 15-year-old girl and have sex with her. The girl told police she met EP three weeks earlier on "an online chat site." EP told police he "thought she was 17." In EP's car, police found several maps, clothes, and a police scanner.

JAN 11, 2019
Hartford woman went to school with man accused in abduction of Jayme Closs
“It was kindergarten to high school,” she said. “We were about 13 to 14 years old at the time. I was a couple grades ahead of him. His brother EP was in my class.”

Sali’s grandfather lives in Gordon, WI. Matter of fact he’s just a few doors down from the Patterson family.

According to Sali, if her grandfather been looking out his window at the right time he would have seen Closs walk past his house on Thursday, Jan. 10.

Patterson, she recalled, has an older sister Katie and a younger brother Jake. The father’s name is PP.

“My grandfather has been interviewed by the FBI,” she said. “While he talks a lot I really can’t repeat what he’s said… other than Good Morning America wants to interview him too.”

“My No. 1 question is ‘how many people were involved and to what extent,’” she said.

After Wisconsin girl’s safe return, question is: Why?

[...]

“She said that this person’s name was Jake Patterson, ‘he killed my parents and took me,'” said another neighbor, Kristin Kasinskas. “She did not talk about why or how. She said she did not know him.”

The sheriff said investigators are trying to figure out what happened to Jayme during her captivity and why she was seized, and gave no details on how she escaped except to say Patterson was not home at the time. He said there is no evidence Patterson knew Jayme or her family or had been in contact with her on social media.

“I know all of you are searching for the answer why any of this happened,” Fitzgerald said. “Believe me, so are we.”

[...]

Patterson took such measures as shaving his head beforehand to avoid leaving evidence at the scene, the sheriff said. A shotgun was recovered from the home where Jayme was believed held, according to Fitzgerald.

[...]

He had no criminal record, according to the sheriff. He graduated in 2015 from Northwood High School, where he was on the quiz bowl team and was a good student with a “great group of friends,” said District Superintendent Jean Serum.

Kasinskas said she taught Patterson science in middle school, but added: “I don’t really remember a ton about him.”

“He seemed like a quiet kid,” she said. “I don’t recall anything that would have explained this, by any means.”

[...]

January 11, 2019 - 8:58 PM

Gordon, Wis. – In an era defined by social media, Jake Thomas Patterson has no online footprint.

The bartender at the roadhouse just down the highway from Patterson’s home doesn’t recognize him. Neither does the clerk at the only convenience store within 10 miles.

Even his neighbors in the backwoods of northern Wisconsin didn’t know he was living among them.

Hours after authorities named Patterson as Jayme Closs’ suspected captor and killer of her parents, little is publicly known about the 21-year-old who had no job, no criminal record and seemingly no public persona.

Patterson remains jailed in Barron County following his Thursday evening arrest on the heels of Jayme’s dramatic escape from the cabin that once belonged to his family. He is expected to be charged next week with kidnapping and homicide.

In a strange coincidence, the woman who briefly took in Jayme after her escape had been Patterson’s middle school science teacher. She remembered his name but had only vague recollections of his personality.

“When [Jayme] said the name, I said, ‘I know him — I’ve had that student,’ ” said Kristin Kasinskas, who lived just a few doors down from Patterson in secluded Eau Claire Acres, a collection of about 30 cabins near the Eau Claire River in hilly, heavily wooded land about 8 miles east of Gordon.

But Kasinskas didn’t have any strong memories of her former student. And she didn’t realize that he was her neighbor.

“He was a nice kid. Quiet kid,” Kasinskas said Friday. “Very smart. He didn’t speak out in class.”

Read more: Jake Patterson: Suspected killer, kidnapper's life remains a mystery

'I need help,' missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs told dog walker after she escaped alleged captor's home

Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old Wisconsin girl who was reported missing after her parents were found shot to death in October, told the woman who initially found her that she was able to escape her alleged captor after he left his home, the woman said.

Jeanne Nutter told ABC News that she was walking her dog along the side of an ice-glazed and snowy road near her cabin when Closs, who looked disheveled, cold and thin, approached her.

"I need help," Closs said in a soft voice, Nutter told ABC News. "...I’m Jayme Closs, I don’t know where I’m at."

Nutter, a retired social worker, lives near La Crosse, Wisconsin, and was only at her cabin in Gordon for a long weekend when she came across Closs.

Her experience as a social worker immediately kicked in, and she knew that Closs had been through a horrifying ordeal, she said.

When Nutter asked Closs where she had come from, she said the girl pointed to a cabin across the way and said the man who was allegedly holding her had left. Wanting to put some distance between her and the suspect's cabin, Nutter began walking further to the home of Peter and Kristin Kasinskas, knowing that they were foster parents and would want to help, Nutter said.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-c...hbor-speaks-finding-missing/story?id=60308825

Jayme Closs kidnap: Man in custody named as Jake Thomas Patterson | Daily Mail Online

The Wisconsin man accused of kidnapping Jayme Closs and killing her parents shaved his head to hide evidence as police newly revealed they recovered a shotgun consistent with the one used the night of the double homicide at his cottage prison.

[...]

upload_2019-1-12_8-27-35.jpeg
Jake Patterson (right) with mother D (center) in 2015 and sister K (left)

upload_2019-1-12_8-28-33.jpegupload_2019-1-12_8-28-50.jpeg
Jeanne Nutter was walking her dog near the cabin she owns with her husband Forrest when she found Jayme Closs coming out of nearby woods

upload_2019-1-12_8-30-29.jpeg
Jayme was found at Eau Claire Acres, a development located about 70 miles away from her home in Barron

[...]

Nutter, a social worker, said: 'I went to her and she just sort of grabbed onto me and she told me who she was. She's a traumatized child. I believe she was just maybe in shock.

'I'm just happy that she's safe. I feel like it's sort of a miracle that she's still alive. I'm glad my dog wanted to go for a walk and we did and there she was. My goal was to get her to a safe place and I did. The police were amazing.'

[...]

'What a miracle!' Elizabeth Smart pays tribute to fellow kidnapping victim Jayme Closs | Daily Mail Online

Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart has paid tribute to fellow kidnapping victim Jayme Closs and has offered her support to the 'brave, strong and powerful 13-year-old survivor'.

Smart wrote an emotional Instagram post after Jayme was located in town of Gordon 70 miles from her home Barron, Wisconsin.
upload_2019-1-12_8-36-16.jpeg
She wrote: 'What a miracle!!! Jayme Closs has been found!!!! I'm so thrilled to hear the news. What has been such a heart wrenching tragedy finally has some happiness in the story.

'I'm praying for Jayme and all her family that they can have a joyous reunion and as the rest of the country celebrates alongside this happy occasion we all are mindful to give the family their space and privacy on their road to finding a new sense of normal and moving forward.'

[...]

Jayme Closs' kidnapper's brother has criminal history of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old | Daily Mail Online

Jayme Closs' suspected kidnapper had no prior criminal record, however, detectives are now looking into his brother who was convicted of sexually assaulting a minor.

Jake Thomas Patterson, 21, was arrested on Thursday for 'targeting' and kidnapping 13-year-old girl Jayme and horrifically shooting dead her mom and dad in their Barron, Wisconsin home on October 15.

Although Patterson had no prior criminal record, cops have flagged the criminal history of his older brother Erik Patterson, 24, who was convicted of fourth degree sexual assault when he was 18 for having sex with a 15-year-old girl.
upload_2019-1-12_15-42-20.jpeg

[...]

Erik was also convicted of delivering drugs in 2013 and damaging property in 2014, according to Fox.

'We did get a tip on a sibling that has some criminal record. Our DCI and FBI teams are looking into that. I didn't look into his record. That just came in on our tipline,' Baron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerland said.

However, authorities believe that Jake Patterson acted alone in kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46.

[...]

JAN 12, 2019
First person Jayme Closs found to help her had worked in child protective services
Nutter told reporters Friday that she was with her golden retriever Henry when they suddenly ran into Closs, who appeared dirty and thin, with matted hair and wearing shoes that were too big for her.

"I’m glad my dog wanted to go for a walk and we did -- and there she was,” Nutter said, referring to Closs. “My goal was to get her to a safe place and I did. The police were amazing.”

“My goal was to get her to a safe place and I did. The police were amazing.”

Immediately recognizing Closs from three months of media coverage of her disappearance, Nutter rushed the girl to a neighbor’s home to call 911. The neighbor, KK, said she was Patterson's science teacher in middle school, but added: “I don’t really remember a ton about him.”

“He seemed like a quiet kid,” she said. “I don’t recall anything that would have explained this, by any means.”

When asked how she feels about what happened now that she’s had some time to process it, Nutter choked up a bit.

“I’m just so glad that she’s safe,” the retired child services worker said.

JAN 11, 2019
Missing teen Jayme Closs helped lead authorities to the man accused of kidnapping her and killing her parents - CNN
A smiling Closs, 13, is now with an aunt and has been reunited with her dog, according to a photo given to the media.

"She is doing great," Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told "Anderson Cooper Full Circle."

The young girl was rescued Thursday walking down a road in a rural area in northwestern Wisconsin after she fled a home where law enforcement says she was kept by Jake Thomas Patterson, 21.

"Jayme was the hero in the case. Jayme was the champion that finally said enough is enough," Fitzgerald said. "We can't be more proud of Jayme."

Both Jayme and the suspect have made initial comments to authorities, he said. Authorities are now giving her time to settle into her new home before they question her again, the sheriff added.

Shortly after law enforcement came for Jayme, they arrested Patterson in his vehicle, while he apparently was looking for the girl.

Authorities have recovered several guns, including a shotgun they think was used to blow open the front door of the Closs family home and used to kill James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46.

There is no evidence in the early stages of the investigation that links Patterson to the parents or to Jayme, Fitzgerald said. He did work for one day at the same meat products plant where James and Denise were long-time employees, but authorities said they did not cross paths in Patterson's short time there.

JAN 12, 2019
Barron County Sheriff believes suspect in Jayme Closs disappearance was a 'one-man operation'
The Barron County Sheriff said Saturday morning that as far as authorities have been able to determine so far, the suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Jayme Closs ran a "one-man show."

Chris Fitzgerald spoke live in Barron with KSTP's Callan Gray, saying law enforcement spoke with family and friends of 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson Friday.

She approached a woman who was walking her dog for help. That woman took Jayme to a neighbor's residence where they called 911. A description Jayme provided led to his arrest a short time later. On Friday, Fitzgerald said it is believed he was out looking for Jayme when law enforcement came in contact with him.

Fitzgerald said Saturday that investigators remain at the home at which Jayme was believed to have been held, still actively searching for clues.

"We know he targeted her," he said of Patterson. "Why he picked her is the million dollar question we're still trying to determine. He had no contact with any of the Closs family that we've been able to determine at this time. Either digitally or physically, or that he knew them."

JAN 12, 2019
'She is doing as well as circumstances allow': Jayme Closs reunited with aunt
"She is doing as well as circumstances allow," Fitzgerald said.

Family friend MS said there was lots of screaming and crying when Jayme’s aunt first contacted her with the news. The family is ecstatic, said MS, of Rice Lake, Wisconsin.

Relatives spent Friday preparing so Jayme felt safe and comfortable when she came home.

"It was miraculous," MS said. "Just miraculous."

Patterson was arrested after Jayme provided the Douglas County Sheriff's Department with his name and a description of his vehicle. Police believe Patterson may have been driving around looking for her when an officer spotted the car, pulled it over and arrested him, authorities said.

"Jayme is the hero in this case," Fitzgerald said. "There’s no question about it."

(Names changed to initials. 26 photos at the end of the article.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back