WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 11, 2019
'This is Jayme Closs! Call 911 right now!'
When JN saw a young girl walking toward her yelling for help Thursday afternoon, she said instincts from her career as a social worker kicked in.

“I went to her and she just sort of grabbed onto me and she told me who she was. I’ve been a social worker my whole life. I was in child protection, so I believe my (child protection) personality just turned on,” JN told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. “My goal was to get her someplace safe, to call 911.”

JN sought help from neighbors in the Eau Claire Acres neighborhood because she wasn’t sure who else was with Jayme or where they went.

“I didn’t know where the perpetrator of this was and she wasn’t sure either, so I just went to a couple places trying to find people,” she said.

They ended up at the home of a neighbor who works as a teacher. JN banged on the door and told her neighbor to call 911 because she believed she had Jayme.

JN and her husband live south of Eau Claire and have a cabin outside of Gordon. They wanted to get away for a few days and arrived at their cabin Thursday.

JN said Jayme appeared to be physically fine.

“She’s a traumatized child. I believe she was just may be in shock,” she said.

She said she’s thankful her dog, Henry — who she described as a goofy golden retriever — wanted to go for a walk.

Jake Thomas Patterson per Fitzgerald on live presser was arrested, 21 yo

Suspect arrested in Jayme Closs identified as Jake Patterson was hiding in the home he grew up in
Ronning said Patterson's parents moved to the home about 15 years ago and that Jake and his brother were raised there and attended Minong High School.

"We had some problems with them when they were teenagers - we caught them siphoning gas," Ronning said. "My husband talked with them and there was never anything else."

Ronning said she wasn't aware that Patterson was living in the house and had not seen Closs around.

Jake Patterson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Jake Patterson was named as the suspect accused in the disappearance of Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old girl who vanished for almost three months after her parents were gunned down in the family’s rural Barron, Wisconsin home.

The Barron County Sheriff released his name at a morning news conference. In full, it’s Jake Thomas Patterson. He sometimes goes by Jacob Patterson. Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald confirmed on January 11, 2019 that Patterson was in custody. He revealed that Jayme was “taken against her will” and was the “only target” of the suspect, whom he alleged “planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity.”

He said that the suspect had “no contact” with the Closs family but did not release other details, such as motive. According to the Douglas County Sheriff, Jake Patterson was taken into custody after a law enforcement officer spotted his car based on a description Jayme gave authorities after she escaped. Jake Patterson is in the Barron County Jail and is 21-years-old. Property records reviewed by Heavy show that family members have property in the area of wooded cabins where Jayme was found.

[...]

JAN 11, 2019
Jake Patterson: Suspect named in Jayme Closs' abduction
Law enforcement officials Friday named 21-year-old Jake Thomas Patterson as the suspect in the abduction of 13-year-old Jayme Closs as well as the murder of her parents.

Patterson, of Gordon, Wisconsin, is being held in jail on charges of 1st degree intentional homicide as well as one count of abduction.

The sheriff said Patterson does not have any criminal history locally or in the State of Wisconsin. The community of Gordon was "not on our radar," according to the sheriff.

JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs Update: Suspect accused of kidnapping young girl identified as 21-year-old from nearby county
“[The suspect is] Jake Thomas Patterson. He is 21 years old, from Gordon, Wisconsin,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said during the Friday morning press conference. “Jayme was taken against her will. We do believe Jayme was the only target…. The suspect took measures to avoid detection.”

The suspect does not have a criminal history, but he does “have a tie” to Barron County, Fitzgerald said. The sheriff also said the suspect likely did not know Jayme’s parents.

Patterson is behind bars, facing two counts of first-degree intentional homicide and one count of kidnapping.

Authorities said they are not looking for any other suspects at this time. No one else was in the suspect’s home when police searched it. He was captured in his car, just down the road from his residence in Gordon. Another press conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. today.

JAN 11, 2019
What we know about the suspect in the kidnapping of Jayme Closs
Here’s what we know about him:

• Patterson is a 21-year-old from Gordon, Wisconsin, about 70 miles north of Barron, not far from where Jayme lived with her parents.

• Patterson was taken into custody Thursday after the girl gave investigators a description of his vehicle, according to Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec. A short time later, a patrol officer found a vehicle that matched the description and pulled it over. Patterson was arrested down the road from his home outside Gordon. He did not appear to be looking for Jayme, Dalbec said.

• He’s being held in the Barron County Jail. He faces two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the killings of Jayme’s parents, James and Denise Closs, and one count of kidnapping, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told reporters.

• Patterson “planned his actions and took many proactive steps to hide his identity from law enforcement and the general public,” Fitzgerald said.

• Fitzgerald said investigators believe Jayme was Patterson’s target and that the suspect had no earlier contact with her family.

• Patterson had “zero” criminal history locally or in Wisconsin, Fitzgerald said. Authorities are not looking for any additional suspects.

• He’s unemployed, Fitzgerald said, and lives in a remote area outside Gordon.

JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs kidnap: Man in custody named as Jake Thomas Patterson | Daily Mail Online
  • Jake Thomas Patterson is in custody on two charges of first degree intentional homicide in the deaths of Jayme's parents and one count of kidnapping
  • Jayme Closs, 13, was found alive in Douglas County, Wisconsin
  • She was abducted from her home in October, when her parents were murdered
  • Police now say she was 'targeted' but that there was no previous contact
  • Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald say unemployed Patterson 'planned his actions and took many steps to hide his identity'
  • Patterson's neighbor says she didn't know he was living in the house and hadn't seen Jayme around
  • Jayme located in town of Gordon 70 miles from her home Barron, Wisconsin
  • Teen described by couple as 'skinny, dirty and wearing shoes too big for her feet'
  • Kristin and Peter Kasinskas said teen declined food but seemed 'outwardly OK'
  • Jayme said 'who she believed had her' and spoke about 'being locked up'
  • Her relieved family have said she 'is talking and doing very well'
  • Barron County Sheriff said the killer was in the Closs home for only four minutes
  • Killer went a few feet into house, shot James and Denise Closs and took Jayme
  • Both Denise and James died 'instantly' of their wounds, the sheriff said

JAN 11, 2019
Missing teen Jayme Closs helped lead authorities to the man accused of kidnapping her and killing her parents - CNN
"(In cases like this) we need a big break, and it was Jayme herself who gave us the break," FBI Special Agent Justin Tolomeo told reporters Friday during a news conference in Jayme's Wisconsin hometown of Barron.

Investigators now believe Patterson killed Jayme's parents -- James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46 -- at their home in October and abducted Jayme, and that it appears he went there with the precise intention of taking the girl, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said.

A motive -- and whether Patterson and the Closs family knew each other -- remains under investigation, authorities said.

"She said to us that, 'This person killed my parents and took me,'" KK told CNN's Poppy Harlow.

"She said that this person usually hides her or hides her when others are near, or when he has to leave the household. She did not go into detail about how she got out of the house or anything like that."

The Latest: Missing Wisconsin girl named her captor
The company that employed the slain parents of a Wisconsin teen who was kidnapped says the man accused in the attack worked at the plant for one day nearly three years ago.

Steve Lykken, president of the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barren, issued a statement Friday saying 21-year-old Jake Patterson was hired one day but quit the next, explaining that he was moving away from the area.

The Latest: Sheriff: Suspect was searching for escaped teen
Ownership of a remote cabin where a Wisconsin teenager was apparently held during a nearly 3-month disappearance passed to a credit union soon after the girl’s abduction.

Records show that defendant JTP’s father transferred the title of the cabin near Gordon to Superior Choice Credit Union on Oct. 23, eight days after the Oct. 15 attack at the Closs family’s home near Barron, which is about 60 miles (100 kilometers) south of Gordon. It was appraised at $79,300.

The circumstances of the transfer weren’t clear. The credit union didn’t immediately return calls seeking comment Friday and The Associated Press couldn’t find a working phone listing for Patterson’s father, PP.

JAN 11, 2019
Missing Teen Jayme Closs Will Live with Aunt After Being Found Alive, Says Family Friend
MS, 45, says Jayme will live with her aunt, JS — Jayme’s mother’s sister and legal guardian.

“JS is excited — beyond ecstatic,” MS says. “We have screamed and cried and screamed and cried some more. This community has just…the endless thing that this community has done, to support this family — vigils of prayer and tree lightings and donated reward money and selling of bracelets and lanterns and some lady paints rocks and paints Jayme’s face on them and leaves them around parks.

“What everybody has done to support them,” she adds. “To know that the money we raised is going to benefit Jayme is so damn exciting.”

At the press conference, Baron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald alleged the suspect planned the crime and that “Jayme was the only target,” and that Patterson had no prior contact with the family. It’s unclear how the suspect knew Jayme, Fitzgerald said.

MS is quick to point out that “nothing takes away what happened to her,” but that they money raised prior to her reappearance “can help her in so many ways now…it gives her options to help.”

JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs is 'traumatized,' woman who helped Wisconsin teen to safety says
Jayme Closs was dirty and skinny with matted hair. Her shoes were too big. “My goal was to get her someplace safe, to call 911,” JN added.

JN sought help from neighbors in the Eau Claire Acres neighborhood because she wasn’t sure who else was with Jayme or where they went.

36f30b7d-b5d8-40ec-8097-ad6c0e1a561c-Getty_AFP_1C58HH.JPG

JN speaks to the media on Friday in Gordon. JN was walking her dog near the cabin she owns with her husband Forrest on Thursday when she encountered Jayme Closs coming out of nearby woods.

Jayme told KK she had been held in a nearby home by the man who had killed her parents and kidnapped her.

She didn't have a sense of how long she had been kept in the home in the Town of Gordon, which is about an hour's drive from her family's home in Barron, where her parents were fatally shot Oct. 15.

Jayme didn't want anything to eat or drink, but she was cold and wrapped herself in the blanket K's offered.

JN said Closs appeared to be physically fine, but in shock. “She’s a traumatized child. I believe she was just maybe in shock,” she said.

(names changed to initials)

JAN 11, 2019
Once-Missing Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Is a 'Complete Badass,' Says Cousin: 'She Saved Herself'
Jayme Closs, who was found on Thursday nearly three months after being allegedly abducted by a 21-year-old man who police say fatally shot her parents, exemplifies absolute bravery and strength, a relative tells PEOPLE.

“Jayme is a complete badass,” JA, who is first cousins with Jayme’s late mother Denise, tells PEOPLE. “As far as I’m concerned she saved herself.”

Recalling how the 13-year-old was a “very quiet, passive girl,” JA, 39, credits Jayme’s “perseverance and will to live” for her freedom.

“I was really afraid that if she was being kept captive that it would be really hard for her to leave because you’re afraid — and you get what, one chance to do something like that,” JA says. “For her to have that kind of will to live through an ordeal like this. I have to think that there will be a way for her to have a satisfying life with her family and with herself in the future. “

Suspect Jake Patterson accused of kidnapping Jayme Closs, murdering her parents

"She said that this person's name was Jake Patterson, 'he killed my parents and took me,'" said another one of the neighbors, KK. "She did not talk about why or how. She said she did not know him."
[...]
At a 4 p.m. press conference, Fitzgerald said investigators recovered a shotgun from Patterson's house that appeared to match the gun used to kill Jayme's parents, although he said that match still had to be confirmed by ballistic testing.

Fitzgerald said the front door of the Closs home had not been kicked in the night Jayme was taken, but instead shot open. Fitzgerald also said the attack and abduction appeared to be meticulously planned, and that Patterson took steps to minimize evidence left behind at the scene including doing things like shaving his head so he would not leave hair behind. Investigators said the suspect had specific intentions to kidnap Jayme and had prepared to take her.
[...]
Patterson had no criminal record, according to the sheriff. He graduated in 2015 from Northwood High School, where he was on the quiz bowl team and was a good student with a "great group of friends," said District Superintendent Jean Serum.

KK said she taught Patterson science in middle school, but added: "I don't really remember a ton about him."

"He seemed like a quiet kid," she said. "I don't recall anything that would have explained this, by any means."

The woman who first spotted Jayme on Thursday, JN, said she was walking her dog along a rural road when a disheveled girl called out to her, grabbed her and revealed her name.
BB

JAN 11, 2019
Jayme Closs reunited with family as alleged abductor awaits kidnapping, murder charges
Jayme Closs has been reunited with family and her alleged abductor is expected to make his first court appearance Monday where he will be formally charged with kidnapping and murder, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said Friday afternoon.

Fitzgerald said the 13-year-old was reunited with her aunt Friday afternoon, and is expected to join the rest of her family soon.

“She is doing as well as the circumstances allow,” he said at a 4 p.m. news conference outside his office here. “I have not personally seen or spoken with her yet, which I am anxious to do.

“Jayme is the hero in this case, there’s no question about it,” he added.

Jake T. Patterson, 21, will appear at 3:30 p.m. Monday in Barron County Circuit Court, where he will be charged with kidnapping and two counts of first-degree intentional homicide for allegedly gunning down Jayme’s parents in the early morning hours of Oct. 15, then taking her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj
Back