Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is updating or I could tell you which paper the ads were in. I am asking about pages on Facebook. Most people advertise things for sale on fb.

The NW one I gave you is a FB group. Many I know use it from that area. I would say it was one of the first/best known to reach a radius of the area... imo.

Another newspaper all area homes get is the Wild Rivers Advertiser weekly (free).

I believe in the last thread someone asked if LE has really said the neighbors' timeline of the gunshots they heard is off. The sheriff has given indications it is off in other interviews, but here is a link that seems to show LE thinks they are wrong.

'You almost never see this': 5 questions about the Jayme Closs disappearance

The Closs' neighbor, Joan Smrekar, told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin that she and her husband heard two gunshots around 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 15. At 12:58 a.m., a 911 call came in from Denise's phone. But the dispatcher wasn't able to connect with the caller, so it's unclear who actually dialed 911.

Fitzgerald said the neighbors' account of gunshots is unsubstantiated, and nothing points to shots going off around that time. He's unsure why their time frame differs from investigators'.

"There’s nothing to show that somebody was in the house for 20 minutes," he said.

not sure about barron but there is a nw wisconsin page that i think a majority use.

ETA: NW WI BUYING & SELLING PAGE. (There are some that sound alike but this is the main one I believe .

I know in my hood, people use the following apps for selling stuff now days vs yard sales

1) Letgo app
2) FB usually a county name followed by garage sale, such as Minneapolis Garage Sale page
3) Craigslist
4) Nextdoor

Letgo seems to be the more popular one in my hood, followed by FB

I know in my hood, people use the following apps for selling stuff now days vs yard sales

1) Letgo app
2) FB usually a county name followed by garage sale, such as Minneapolis Garage Sale page
3) Craigslist
4) Nextdoor

I figured Denise would be more likely to use fb. I didn't know people still looked at craigslist.

I figured Denise would be more likely to use fb. I didn't know people still looked at craigslist.

I guess I see it the opposite. Being middle aged myself, for a vehicle in the midwest, it is still a go to site for many. I would never look there for a garage sale though. I know many my age who are very anti FB and have never been on it and refuse to have anything to do with it. I am on it but I have never put anything up for sale on it. Just saying if anyone wants to check things, it just depends on the individual. I have been on FB for years and I can honestly say there are functions I have just figured out about it. I am amazed too when someone pays to advertise in a newspaper but people still do. :)

1) Letgo app
3) Craigslist
4) Nextdoor

Has Letgo taken off? I loved their ads and checked it out in the early days but it was pretty new yet. I should give it a look.

Craigslist is still used by most people I know as well, depending on the item one is selling or looking for. I would say mainly for vehicles which I thought it may relate to the Closses. Many car dealers still advertise on it as well.

**EDIT Removed quote***
I found two newspaper ads for yard sales at the Closs house that date back to 2012 and 2013, if I remember correctly. Said multiple family, girls clothing, and collectibles. I haven't found any recent yard sales that could have brought strangers to the house though. I tried checking marketplace on fb because that is how most people announce them now. Does Barron have a buy, sell, trade page?

People use Craigs list a lot. There is a yard sale section but not sure if it would have past info. Incredible you found the info you did!

There are all kinds of garage sale and selling items pages nowadays. I wonder how those could be found.

My computer is updating or I could tell you which paper the ads were in. I am asking about pages on Facebook. Most people advertise things for sale on fb.

I agree with that. Who knows what those pages are called!

Has Letgo taken off? I loved their ads and checked it out in the early days but it was pretty new yet. I should give it a look.

Craigslist is still used by most people I know as well, depending on the item one is selling or looking for. I would say mainly for vehicles which I thought it may relate to the Closses. Many car dealers still advertise on it as well.

Craigs list has the garage sale option.

I wish I had an archive of press conference videos. I want to hear again what the sheriff says and doesn't say about the 911 call.

JMO -- is it possible that talk of "a 911 call for help" morphed into "help" ON the 911 call?

Whatever was in that call, I have the deepest respect for the 911 operator/dispatcher and all LE for their rapid responses that night.
Check the Media thread for this case, they are all likely there. Also, every press conference is linked on the Barron County Sheriff's Department Facebook Page - you just need to scroll back through time.

I agree with that. Who knows what those pages are called!
That's true. Around me the pages always include the name of the city or county. Eg Mancave of *advertiser censored*. But you have to be an approved member of the group. Living on the hwy., they may have just put out signs. Do they have to have a garage sale permit?

I believe in the last thread someone asked if LE has really said the neighbors' timeline of the gunshots they heard is off. The sheriff has given indications it is off in other interviews, but here is a link that seems to show LE thinks they are wrong.

'You almost never see this': 5 questions about the Jayme Closs disappearance

The Closs' neighbor, Joan Smrekar, told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin that she and her husband heard two gunshots around 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 15. At 12:58 a.m., a 911 call came in from Denise's phone. But the dispatcher wasn't able to connect with the caller, so it's unclear who actually dialed 911.

Fitzgerald said the neighbors' account of gunshots is unsubstantiated, and nothing points to shots going off around that time. He's unsure why their time frame differs from investigators'.

"There’s nothing to show that somebody was in the house for 20 minutes," he said.

That article really does make it sound like LE has no idea whatsoever about what happened. Fitzgerald doesn't sound like he's being cagey or secretive, it sounds like they're truly in the dark, especially the part about it being the family's job to keep the case alive. It's from a month ago, though, maybe they know more now, but that's depressing.

Also, if they are juveniles (less than 18) details of previous involvement with the law would not be on line and available. Or would it?
I think when they are missing or endangered it can open the door for some of this info to be rolled out.

For those who truly want to help solve this case and believe a gold nugget may be hidden in social media or you have your own POI.

I want to share a tool I use for reverse engineering a FB page. Caution, will only see public posts or public responses

Facebook Scanner | Stalk Scan Facebook

Go to an individual FB page and copy their URL and paste it into this spoofbox site

Use to use facestalk but no longer works

That's true. Around me the pages always include the name of the city or county. Eg Mancave of *advertiser censored*. But you have to be an approved member of the group. Living on the hwy., they may have just put out signs. Do they have to have a garage sale permit?

I doubt if a permit is needed.

That is true about being an approved member. Sometimes people post on many sites and sometimes not.

I have a friend in the US who upcycles furniture. She gets a lot from the dump which lets one go once a day to get items people discard.

She posts on several FB sites but one has to be a member. It is not a hobby for her. She needs the money to supplement her child support and other jobs. Even being serious, she is only on closed sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay