Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy, there is not a chance in h3ll that I can keep up with this thread. I read something and post and it's already increased by 2 more pages. I read a page of posts and then it's increased by 8 more pages. Ugh!

So forgive me if I have obviously missed any discussion about this, but I found it surprising that the sheriff said with confidence that JC had left the crimescene by foot, and then immediately went on to say that the suspect has several vehicles which they are checking out. Sheriff was also confident previously that JC had been present during the murders, and also that JC had not been injured.

Did we understand that the tracking dogs used in the beginning were unable to find any scent?

If JC fled the crimescene by foot, how did the suspect end up getting hold of her, and without police being aware? If police had shown up within what, 4 or 6 minutes(????), but Jayme had fled on foot.. I guess I'm a bit lost here.

I believe what the sheriff meant was that she fled on foot from the house where she was being held by the perp.

I didn't hear them say anything about fleeing from her family home in Barron by foot the night she was abducted.

I believe what the sheriff meant was that she fled on foot from the house where she was being held by the perp.

I didn't hear them say anything about fleeing from her family home in Barron by foot the night she was abducted.

the on foot comment was hard for me to get, the question seemed quiet so the answer of on foot did make my ears do a double take.

It has been stated he has ties to her area. So it seems he was comfortable "hunting" in this area. Countless ways he may have spotted Jayme then followed her social media etc. etc. His twisted plan grew from there? Who knows at this point. I'm just thinking out loud.

I’ve read that his parents moved from the house she was kept at and left the house to him and his brother. I would say that it points to having some money. He could very well be a trust fund kid of some sort. Doesn’t have to work because his parents give him everything including a good allowance.

And yet another possible case where the perp. maybe had enabling caregivers. Caregivers who maybe told him that he could do no wrong, and possibly intimated that the world owed him. So, because of his sense of entitlement, he felt he had a right to take a young woman for his own use. And kill anyone who got in his way.

Looking at his mugshot, I see an arrogant young man, with cold, dead eyes.

JMVHO.

The dogs brought in tracked her scent only to the end of the driveway where Jayme got on and off the school bus.
But if JC left the crimescene 'by foot', only to get in the perp's vehicle at the end of the driveway, I would not consider that as having left 'by foot'... obviously a vehicle cannot drive right up to the front door. To me, when Sheriff said left by foot, he meant, she left by foot.... it is weird to me because there seems to be so many other basic facts which he says he is not yet privy to, but yet he is so sure she was present for the murders, and that she left by foot, and that she hadn't been injured, etc etc etc.

I always did feel it was one person, probably a young male. I don’t think anyone else is involved or that this guy even had a social circle. Who knows how long this might have gone on...

Still, he found her somehow. It is important to know how, for other parents to know. He did not just pick a house a few hours away and hope there was a teen girl there. Even if he did work at Jennie O for one day.

the scene refers to where she escaped.
I have to disagree because that had already been discussed in the PC, plus everyone already knows that she was found running by foot to a neighbour walking a dog. 'The scene' to me, is not the place where she was being held.... but if someone could listen to the reporter's question.. I couldn't really hear that part.

I don't understand why so many people are convinced that he had to have known the family or had some contact with them before he killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her. Joseph Duncan didn't know the Groene family before he killed them and kidnapped Shasta and her brother. Also Jaycee Dugards kidnapper drove 150 miles from his home to find a girl to kidnap.

Coping/defense mechanism. I think because it's such a horrendous crime. It's scary and we like to believe things like this can't happen to us or people we love. People are trying to link the kidnapper to the family or parents to somehow convince themselves that some fatal flaw was made along the way. That somehow the family invited this killer in, thereby separating themselves from any such possibility.

But if JC left the crimescene 'by foot', only to get in the perp's vehicle at the end of the driveway, I would not consider that as having left 'by foot'... obviously a vehicle cannot drive right up to the front door. To me, when Sheriff said left by foot, he meant, she left by foot.... it is weird to me because there seems to be so many other basic facts which he says he is not yet privy to, but yet he is so sure she was present for the murders, and that she left by foot, and that she hadn't been injured, etc etc etc.

there are two scene ....one the home the place of murders, the second where she was held. it is from the second that she left by foot

I am so surprised that after what Jayme was through that she would have the courage to run out of that house into the woods and speak with and go with a stranger.

Thank goodness her trust in people has not been destroyed.

I do wonder how he fed himself and bought gas for his car.

There are no welfare benefits for single men.

I bet he thinks he is brilliant and was following the news thinking of how brilliant he is.

He probably is lazy and let his guard down when Jayme escaped.

It sounds like she is smart and well adjusted probably because of all of the love she received. She may have convinced him she was trustworthy and he being smug and arrogant believed her.

I wonder what he has been doing the years since high school graduation, if he did graduate
I wonder if he is on disability? Or his parents could be supporting him, I guess.

Coping/defense mechanism. I think because it's such a horrendous crime. It's scary and we like to believe things like this can't happen to us or people we love. People are trying to link the kidnapper to the family or parents to somehow convince themselves that some fatal flaw was made along the way. That somehow the family invited this killer in, thereby separating themselves from any such possibility.

Not invited him in...but somehow he knew of Jayme’s existence and address.

Still have HLN on in the background. They just interviewed Ed Smart, and before that the dog walker lady and the neighbors she took Jayme to. A social worker and a school teacher? Other than happening on a cop driving by, you really couldn't hope for better people to run into. Kudos to all of them. And the teacher had creep-o as a student!
The social worker is married to a retired LEO

And yet another possible case where the perp. maybe had enabling caregivers. Caregivers who maybe told him that he could do no wrong, and possibly intimated that the world owed him. So, because of his sense of entitlement, he felt he had a right to take a young woman for his own use. And kill anyone who got in his way.

Looking at his mugshot, I see an arrogant young man, with cold, dead eyes.

JMVHO.
Arrogant! Yes!

I'm also not buying into the fact that he might have worked out. He looks doughy to me. Keep in mind how tiny Jayme was. Most people are going to appear "big" to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay