Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, but it's kind of a mixed message Jayme's aunt is giving the media- closing the curtains to keep the media out, but on the other hand, giving the media frequent updates, including about how Jayme is allegedly feeling (!), beginning with that photo taken with Jayme before she had even left the hospital (!).

I'm guessing she's doing that so that they don't directly bother Jayme.

How in the world did he get his law license restored? Shouldn’t this be grounds for a lifetime ban??

I could relate multiple stories - some hair-raising, some fairly innocuous - on this subject, but they’re OT here, so I won’t. ;).

Edited to fix bold/quote.

Last edited:
Anyone know the protocol in a situation like this? Is there daily counseling, counseling for relatives so they can best help Jayme during this time? Would LE ask that the relatives not share info that could assist with them building their case? Or does she just go home and everyone hopes that all do the right thing?

8487372-6588161-Inside_the_main_living_room_is_a_half_finished_game_of_Monopoly_-a-64_1547440386782.jpg

Looks like a Sony Trinitron, or Panasonic Tau CRT, which were sold primarily as televisions, but could also double as a monitor. Judging by its arrangement I'm thinking it may have been used as a TV, but it's tough to tell.

I was thinking that too. That maybe he was testing her in some way by leaving her unrestrained, and possibly he just went driving around the neighborhood, or perhaps the store.
IF that's the case it was the ultimate backfire. Congratulations , for being such an idiot moron you win a................................... lifetime in prison.
Thank God she got out of there , however it happened

Anyone know the protocol in a situation like this? Is there daily counseling, counseling for relatives so they can best help Jayme during this time? Would LE ask that the relatives not share info that could assist with them building their case? Or does she just go home and everyone hopes that all do the right thing?
They held Jayme over night and the family had to wait to talk to her. They were probably counseling everyone at that point about what would happen and what to do.

More Jayme Closs abduction details emerge in Friday press briefing
Among the remarks made by Fitzgerald at the press briefing are the following:

-- It appears Jayme Closs lived for much of the past three months in a rural development east of Gordon, Wis., known as Eau Claire Acres.

-- Suspect Jake Patterson, 21, "appeared to be looking for" Jayme Closs when he was arrested by Douglas County authorities while driving around the neighborhood last Thursday afternoon.

-- Jayme Closs' abduction was well-planned. Fitzgerald did not characterize Patterson's conduct as "stalking," but said it was clear that "Jayme was a target," and that "kidnapping was (the suspect's) main goal."

-- Asked whether he could share information about the still-unreleased 911 call made early last Oct. 15, the sheriff said much of it was "inaudible."

-- In spite of all the evidence that had already been gathered, "things still aren't clicking yet" with respect to the entire investigation. Fitzgerald said investigators would have to wait for full results from the search before they reach further conclusions. He said cell phone reception was hampering efforts to talk with investigators on the ground in Gordon.

(more at the link)

Or, depending on what motivated him to take her: "No one is looking for you, I am the only one who cares about you, I will protect and take care of you."

His attorneys' statement that this was a "tragic" situation for everyone makes me wonder if they're contemplating a defense that includes portraying him as essentially delusional....that he killed Jayme's parents because he believed he was saving her from them, etc.

I have wondered from the beginning if he had some kind of psychotic "white knight" syndrome. ie. In a delusional state he considered himself "rescuing" her by slaughtering the dragon and whisking the princess away. Naturally, the guy is 100% accountable for his actions and never deserves to be out from behind bars again, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was playing out some kind of crazy fantasy. Dangerous for sure, and I think he would have done it again in time.

<modsnip quoted post that has been removed>

I keep thinking of the weirdo, who is unrelated to this case, that broke into her home after the murders to steal her clothes. There are many undesirables out there watching this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO, but it's kind of a mixed message Jayme's aunt is giving the media- closing the curtains to keep the media out, but on the other hand, giving the media frequent updates, including about how Jayme is allegedly feeling (!), beginning with that photo taken with Jayme before she had even left the hospital (!).
MOO I don't see mixed messages. She (family) is aware of the public that helped search, worry, prayed for Jayme every day. It was a kindness to us to send out these few pictures. We needed to see her smile.

That is a possibility but since he had control of her he could have forced her to bathe if he wanted her to. It seems more likely he had prevented her from bathing.

Was there running water in the house? Even if so, perhaps not hot running water? How "dirty" was she, exactly, anyway? Perhaps she had to crawl through a dirty area to escape?

It was also reported that she looked skinny, but IMO, she doesn't look skinny in post-escape photos. Her hair being matted? Hers is long and likely thick. In my experience having that kind of hair, a couple days of not diligently brushing results in at least some matting.

It's been reported she was wearing "slippers" and that she was wearing too big shoes, and that she was wearing "tennis shoes." Maybe her own shoes weren't in the room from which she escaped, and she put on whatever was closest by and quickest?

She wasn't wearing a coat, but one of the photos from the cabin shows a line of coats hung up on pegs. Perhaps she didn't go through that mudroom on her way out (where shoes/boots are often kept as well)?

In short- there isn't enough info yet to do anything but guess at the conditions she endured for those 3 months....

This has been nagging at me: Police report that Mr. Closs was killed because he was standing at the door (on the inside) when JP shot through it. Why? Did JP knock first, for example, or...?

JMO, I think James was still awake and in the living room. I think he heard the car pull into the driveway and heard the car door shut. I believe he went to the door then to peek out and see what was going on.

interesting that she wonders how many people were involved.

On a side note, nowadays there is some research coming out about the correlation between facial structure and brain disorders. Gestational brain disorders are reflected in facial structure resulting in craniofacial dysmorphology as in velocardiofacial syndrome (DiGeorge Syndrome DiGeorge syndrome | Children's Hospital of Wisconsin). I find both brothers to have striking oddities to their facial structure and wonder about developmental disorders that could be linked to specific mental illness and brain disorders.

Psychiatric Disorders Associated with 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome

I don’t think DiGeorge syndrome is at play here. The facial characteristics are usually very noticeable. Also, these individuals tend to have a low IQ. JTP has not shown a low IQ.

I think Jayme’s Aunt is giving info to the press to keep them appeased and at bay. Give them enough to report on and keep them away from the house and Jayme. I think she’s doing a fine job with this. Also, I think it sends a message to JTP, Jayme is no longer a victim. She has strength, power and has freed herself from his control. JMO

Or, depending on what motivated him to take her: "No one is looking for you, I am the only one who cares about you, I will protect and take care of you."

His attorneys' statement that this was a "tragic" situation for everyone makes me wonder if they're contemplating a defense that includes portraying him as essentially delusional....that he killed Jayme's parents because he believed he was saving her from them, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised . . . Thinking of a distorted Dudley Do Right “I’ll save you Nell” defense . . . This is what I thought back on October 17th / Thread #3

I could be off track but I see this one as a “protector” move by possibly someone with a military background. It’s cold as Hell and in some people’s minds, so is justice. Thing is, we never really know what goes on behind closed doors, do we? There is obviously something BIG we don’t know. (Yet)”

MOO I don't see mixed messages. She (family) is aware of the public that helped search, worry, prayed for Jayme every day. It was a kindness to us to send out these few pictures. We needed to see her smile.
I would imagine she is being inundated with media requests and she is trying to oblige while at the same time keeping private

JMO, I think James was still awake and in the living room. I think he heard the car pull into the driveway and heard the car door shut. I believe he went to the door then to peek out and see what was going on.

I don’t think DiGeorge syndrome is at play here. The facial characteristics are usually very noticeable. Also, these individuals tend to have a low IQ. JTP has not shown a low IQ.

I think Jayme’s Aunt is giving info to the press to keep them appeased and at bay. Give them enough to report on and keep them away from the house and Jayme. I think she’s doing a fine job with this. Also, I think it sends a message to JTP, Jayme is no longer a victim. She has strength, power and has freed herself from his control. JMO
Your comment about it being message to JP is awesome!!
I love this thought!!!!

Please let me know if I have missed something? But has LE determined by now who actually made the 911 call on the morning /day of the murders and kidnapping?

If they have, they haven’t released that information.

There will be a huge amount of professional counselling for JC & her caregivers/guardians, as well as legal advocates/advisors for what or what not to say.

Last edited:
They held Jayme over night and the family had to wait to talk to her. They were probably counseling everyone at that point about what would happen and what to do.

Hopefully the family is being counselled on how best to protect Jayme's privacy, and from the expectations of a well meaning, good hearted, very invested, but also understandably curious community.

Are you referring to this article?

During her brief stay in the Kasinskas home, Jayme was quiet, her emotions “pretty flat,” Peter Kasinskas said Thursday night.

She didn’t realize anyone had been looking for her and was surprised the couple knew Patterson’s name. Jayme didn’t know who he was until after he abducted her, she told them.

Back with family after escaping, Jayme Closs 'is the hero' - StarTribune.com

Omg! Yes!!!

Thank you so much snowflakes.

It let's me know I havent lost my mind and had just imagined it. Lol!

I have always felt even at my age I have a very astute memory.

I'm so relieved for I wouldn't ever put out any misinformation intentionally and wouldn't want any posters here to believe I ever would.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member