Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! OMG! I've been out of the country the last couple of weeks and just heard the news from my husband. This is wonderful! I so expected to hear that Jayme's body had been found. Okay so now I'm off to read the details.

I had been reading that Jayme was barefoot when found. I thought I had read differently early on but couldn't find a link. This article states:
"According to Peter Kasinskas, Jayme appeared thin and ragged, wearing what looked like leggings, a sweatshirt and oversized men's tennis shoes."
As horrific as everything has been, this small detail, having to wear his(?) shoes makes me want to gag.
"He killed my parents and took me": Neighbor recounts Jayme Closs' words after her escape

Do you recall which pic it was? I see a lot of old CRT-TV monitors, but no computer screens in the ones I've looked at.

I definitely see what a lot of others see in terms of something along the lines of "stunted development." There is the Monopoly game, and the Game of Life on a chair in another picture. Along with what seems to be a lot of youthful things being "held on to." My brother in law is in his 30's, but lives/acts like a 16-18 year old because of a disability he has. His residence is strikingly similar to what I see here. He always wants to get out old board games, and is always talking about the memories various objects have. I would not be surprised if there was some (un)diagnosed disability here.

At the end of the day, though, even people with problems still need to be held responsible for the evil they inflict on others.
8487372-6588161-Inside_the_main_living_room_is_a_half_finished_game_of_Monopoly_-a-64_1547440386782.jpg

Please tell me if I’m wrong and sorry if this has been discussed, but I wonder about how they were able to get these photos, there’s a quote that says some were taken” by the Daily Mail, there are also a few other tabloid sites to note here ( NYP), my point is these photos don’t have crime scene markers on them, things that normally would be collected appear still at the residence, etc...this tells me these photos were taken pretty early on but how the heck did they get in there? They would not be allowed to be in there during an active crime scene, so I’m wondering if someone who did have the authority to be in there either:

a) took the photos themselves then sold them
b) allowed someone access to take the pictures
c) leaked official crime scene photos.

Please correct me if this is not a possibility.

I’ll never forget how quickly they got photos in AH’s case.

They pay big bucks for photos I assume.

There’s also a specific photo which the “camera” seems suspicious to me, I don’t want to comment further yet.

—-

ETA:

From my notes it appears Julia Marsh of the NYP is listed under a photo re: the box, not linking it. This should NOT have been leaked, moo.

Don’t want to draw more attention to it but since it’s being discussed I just want to say Shame Shame to whoever took this photo and leaked it. Moo.
I was thinking the pics were taken after the crime scene was released and all the evidence markers were removed. It's possible a local took them and sold them or reporter but I don't think they were leaked. I felt a couple of the pics looked like things were arranged. JMO

I was thinking the pics were taken after the crime scene was released and all the evidence markers were removed. It's possible a local took them and sold them or reporter but I don't think they were leaked. I felt a couple of the pics looked like things were arranged. JMO

Imo some of these items would have been confiscated.

Maybe he wanted to kill 2 people? I've heard killers say that they wanted to know what it felt like to kill. Or maybe he was delusional and thought if her parents were dead that no one would look for her.
I've wondered if that was part of his thinking, if the parents were dead no one would come looking for her. Boy was he wrong!

He could have watching TV by been stealing someone's internet and using a ROKU or game system to stream to the TV. Young people can be pretty smart at those things.
Only if the Wi-Fi you're stealing is not password protected. IMO, the majority of the people aren't tring to hack into home Wi-Fi, it's more of an opportunistic thing when there's a neighbor who doesn't lock it down.

HA. Misery loves company. I'm reading this is one of his lawyers
High court reinstates felon's law license

“High court reinstates felon's law license
By Cary Spivak of the Journal Sentinel
Published on: 2/15/2011

Charles Glynn, who improperly took nearly $80,000 from clients - one of whom was a tube-fed multiple sclerosis patient whose finances Glynn was overseeing - was given his law license back Tuesday by the state Supreme Court.

Glynn, a former legislative aide from Wauwatosa, was convicted of felony theft in 2000 for stealing from the man, now deceased, and was sentenced to three years of probation, including four months in jail.

His law license was suspended for one year in 1999 for taking more than $77,000 from mentally incompetent clients for work he did not perform. Later the court added an additional nine months to the suspension for other misconduct.

"The large sums taken by Attorney Glynn from vulnerable victims and the purposeful pattern of deception he employed require a meaningful disciplinary response  . . .  to protect the legal system and the public," the court said in its 1999 order.

By returning to the bar, Glynn joins a lengthy roster of lawyers with criminal convictions.“

Answers in Jayme Closs case could come with court appearance, criminal complaint today - CNN
What were Jayme Closs's three months of captivity like? Why did the suspect target her and her family? And how did she manage to escape?

The answers to some of those questions could come later Monday, when her alleged kidnapper appears in court and when authorities may release the criminal complaint against him.

Amid those unanswered questions, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told CNN Monday morning he knew one thing for sure.

"I did meet with Jayme last night, and that shy 13-year-old girl that we've been describing for 88 days has got a big smile on her face," he said.

I’ll be interested in learning how they communicated with the outside world and just how much access to news Jayme had, thinking initially, none.
Me too. I can't imagine him letting her watch news at random. Especially any giving her hope. This is going way out but he could have recorded stories that were to his benefit making her feel hopeless, afraid. He may have used an untraceable phone as well for calls and streaming TV.

“High court reinstates felon's law license
By Cary Spivak of the Journal Sentinel
Published on: 2/15/2011

Charles Glynn, who improperly took nearly $80,000 from clients - one of whom was a tube-fed multiple sclerosis patient whose finances Glynn was overseeing - was given his law license back Tuesday by the state Supreme Court.

Glynn, a former legislative aide from Wauwatosa, was convicted of felony theft in 2000 for stealing from the man, now deceased, and was sentenced to three years of probation, including four months in jail.

His law license was suspended for one year in 1999 for taking more than $77,000 from mentally incompetent clients for work he did not perform. Later the court added an additional nine months to the suspension for other misconduct.

"The large sums taken by Attorney Glynn from vulnerable victims and the purposeful pattern of deception he employed require a meaningful disciplinary response  . . .  to protect the legal system and the public," the court said in its 1999 order.

By returning to the bar, Glynn joins a lengthy roster of lawyers with criminal convictions.“

How in the world did he get his law license restored? Shouldn’t this be grounds for a lifetime ban??

I have a question, probably already discussed, sorry haven’t been able to read every post, I’m confused about something:

Since JP had supposedly left the residence to return at midnight, how did he know she escaped and why was he back? Did he maybe have an alarm trip sensor, video monitor knowing she escaped or did he just happen to come back? Thanks to anyone who can help clear this up for me.

Only if the Wi-Fi you're stealing is not password protected. IMO, the majority of the people aren't tring to hack into home Wi-Fi, it's more of an opportunistic thing when there's a neighbor who doesn't lock it down.
Agree, but some people don't use the protection. There are apps that help you search as well as so many other gadgets. Hacking is a common thing in my area and the younger crowd are great at it, unfortunately.

I have a question, probably already discussed, sorry haven’t been able to read every post, I’m confused about something:

Since JP had supposedly left the residence to return at midnight, how did he know she escaped and why was he back? Did he maybe have an alarm trip sensor, video monitor knowing she escaped or did he just happen to come back? Thanks to anyone who can help clear this up for me.
Maybe he realized he forgot to restrain her?

Just remembered this. A few years ago we were named in a federal lawsuit for downloading a horror movie that I knew we hadn't done. It listed our IP address. I couldn't believe it. It turned out someone hacked us and that was with password, firewall, etc.

I read a great post about this somewhere else. The poster suggested that perhaps JP had a monitoring app. I don't know what the answer truly is but that is a great theory that you and the other poster have suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member