Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to this resume that is being quoted? Or a link to a media outlet that has reported on it/confirmed that it is actually his???

I’m asking because the dates do not match the date of photo and (now unavailable) comment which gave rise to the original speculation about possible military service/boot camp.
Here is the thing. His name is not on that resume so no one can link it. People are only speculating and whether we like the rules or not, we cannot do that.

I have a question, probably already discussed, sorry haven’t been able to read every post, I’m confused about something:

Since JP had supposedly left the residence to return at midnight, how did he know she escaped and why was he back? Did he maybe have an alarm trip sensor, video monitor knowing she escaped or did he just happen to come back? Thanks to anyone who can help clear this up for me.
I think he lied to her about coming back at midnight. I don't know the purpose of the lie, but I do think he lied to her about it.

jmo

How in the world did he get his law license restored? Shouldn’t this be grounds for a lifetime ban??
They often get their licenses back after found responsible for a filed grievance. We have some great attorneys here but there are ones to avoid. We have a Judge/attorney that is currently accused of this. She probably would have lost her license a while and given sanctions then been back on the bench until a family member noticed hundreds of thousands of dollar missing from boxes he knew his elderly mother had hidden. The mother must have trusted the Judge by telling her. Luckily there were cameras though out the house. Would you believe she was caught on camera emptying money into a large duffle bag? She's now facing federal charges . One thing I will say though. She was an amazing attorney and judge in general. I wouldn't judge PT defense on that.

A perfectly good way of getting her to accept the life she was in with him. "No one's looking for you, give in..." was probably what he tried to instill in her.

Or, depending on what motivated him to take her: "No one is looking for you, I am the only one who cares about you, I will protect and take care of you."

His attorneys' statement that this was a "tragic" situation for everyone makes me wonder if they're contemplating a defense that includes portraying him as essentially delusional....that he killed Jayme's parents because he believed he was saving her from them, etc.

I forget in which of the many newscasts, etc., but it was mentioned that Douglas County will also have some charges they may add. I would imagine murder and kidnapping would be in Barron's jurisdiction. Has anyone else heard any more about this or have any idea? I would imagine one would be possible SA but I guess what I wonder is if during the investigation, they came across other illegal activities by JTP, whether drugs, theft, etc.

Jayme Closs’ aunt taking steps to be her guardian, as suspect due in court today
Jayme Closs spent Saturday morning like a normal teenage girl — curled up on the couch, playing with her dog, Molly, after getting a long-overdue good night’s rest, said her aunt, Jennifer Smith.

Smith, whose sister was Jayme’s mother, Denise Closs, said she has always been close to Jayme. Smith, who lives in Barron, is Jayme’s godmother, and she saw Jayme frequently.

“We signed papers (Friday) for guardianship,” Smith said. “I did day care for her, for 12 years of her life.”

Jayme has her own room already set up in Smith’s home.

“(My family) went and purchased her a new bed, new sheets to make her feel comfortable, and decorated it for her,” Smith said.

Smith said the curtains in her house are shut, trying to shield Jayme from media and others who want to talk to her. Police are providing protection outside the home, too.

Smith said there are so many questions she wants to ask Jayme, such as if the girl was in Gordon the entire 88 days since she was abducted, or how Jayme was kept captive, or how she managed to escape Thursday afternoon from her suspected captor, 21year-old Jake Thomas Patterson. But she isn’t pushing those topics.

“She’ll talk when she’s ready,” Smith said.

Jayme Closs’ aunt taking steps to be her guardian, as suspect due in court today
Jayme Closs spent Saturday morning like a normal teenage girl — curled up on the couch, playing with her dog, Molly, after getting a long-overdue good night’s rest, said her aunt, Jennifer Smith.

Smith, whose sister was Jayme’s mother, Denise Closs, said she has always been close to Jayme. Smith, who lives in Barron, is Jayme’s godmother, and she saw Jayme frequently.

“We signed papers (Friday) for guardianship,” Smith said. “I did day care for her, for 12 years of her life.”

“(My family) went and purchased her a new bed, new sheets to make her feel comfortable, and decorated it for her,” Smith said.

Smith said the curtains in her house are shut, trying to shield Jayme from media and others who want to talk to her. Police are providing protection outside the home, too.

Smith said there are so many questions she wants to ask Jayme, such as if the girl was in Gordon the entire 88 days since she was abducted, or how Jayme was kept captive, or how she managed to escape Thursday afternoon from her suspected captor, 21year-old Jake Thomas Patterson. But she isn’t pushing those topics.

She has such a wonderful family. And in her mind, during her capture, I think that's what kept her going.

I think he lied to her about coming back at midnight. I don't know the purpose of the lie, but I do think he lied to her about it.

jmo

I was thinking that too. That maybe he was testing her in some way by leaving her unrestrained, and possibly he just went driving around the neighborhood, or perhaps the store.

I have a feeling he was trying to make Jayme feel like this was her new home. After all, he went to great lengths to have her to himself. I just can't figure out why he didn't allow her to keep herself clean. That seems so strange to me.
Forgive me, I don't have a link, I swear I read somewhere that Jayme was unaware that Christmas had come & gone. Although, given the trauma she was going through, I'm sure she may have had little concept of time. As to him not allowing her to keep herself clean, she may not have wanted to IYKWIM.

Jayme is so loved. This makes me happy for her. I think this will help her significantly in her recovery. This is a good family.

JMO, but it's kind of a mixed message Jayme's aunt is giving the media- closing the curtains to keep the media out, but on the other hand, giving the media frequent updates, including about how Jayme is allegedly feeling (!), beginning with that photo taken with Jayme before she had even left the hospital (!).

Please tell me if I’m wrong and sorry if this has been discussed, but I wonder about how they were able to get these photos, there’s a quote that says some were taken by the Daily Mail, there are also a few other tabloid sites to note here ( NYP), my point is these photos don’t have crime scene markers on them, things that normally would be collected appear still at the residence, etc...this tells me these photos were taken pretty early on but how the heck did they get in there? They would not be allowed to be in there during an active crime scene, so I’m wondering if someone who did have the authority to be in there either:

a) took the photos themselves then sold them
b) allowed someone access to take the pictures
c) leaked official crime scene photos.

Please correct me if this is not a possibility.

I’ll never forget how quickly they got photos in AH’s case.

They pay big bucks for photos I assume.

There’s also a specific photo which the “camera” seems suspicious to me, I don’t want to comment further yet.

—-

ETA:

From my notes it appears Julia Marsh of the NYP is listed under a photo re: the box, not linking it. This should NOT have been leaked, moo.

Don’t want to draw more attention to it but since it’s being discussed I just want to say Shame Shame to whoever took this photo and leaked it. Moo.
I saw photos of the abductor's home with a watermark "radar". I can't access Radar Online because of data protection.

Forgive me, I don't have a link, I swear I read somewhere that Jayme was unaware that Christmas had come & gone. Although, given the trauma she was going through, I'm sure she may have had little concept of time. As to him not allowing her to keep herself clean, she may not have wanted to IYKWIM.
That is a possibility but since he had control of her he could have forced her to bathe if he wanted her to. It seems more likely he had prevented her from bathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!