Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course to all of that, but he specifically stated (bragged, imo) on his own or in answering questions, that he deliberately and successfully used her terror of him to control her, and that he had hit a wall, not her, as part of that terrorizing.

I agree with whoever posted that he may have omitted it because it was an instance of his NOT being able to control her through terror alone.

Oh! I didn't read the whole complaint yet. Just excerpts.

That is odd.

Off to read.

Strange details- says that he broke the door down while she was on with 911; then he had only 4 minutes to tie her up with duct tape, kill mom, and get out. He was literally seconds from being caught
And several police cars passed him by. Maybe it should be protocol that any time a single vehicle is coming from the direction of the crime scene, it gets pulled over until things are sorted out.

So the “5 feet” into house was clearly wrong?
Yet he rumor of the bathroom was sadly true...

I hope his lawyer is counseling him to plead guilty...the horror of a trial needs to go away. As well as the millions this county would have to spend...either way he is going away for life imo...why waste more $ on him...

The 5 feet never made sense. I don't know what the sheriff (or whoever said that) was thinking about.

“Deputy Fick reports that, while in route to the residence, he observed a vehicle that was maroon in color and what he believed to be an older style vehicle. Deputy Fick reports that, based on his training and experience, the vehicle appeared to him to be an older Ford Taurus or similar vehicle. As the vehicle was traveling east on U.S. Hwy. 8, Deputy Fick reports he was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 8, just west of the City of Barron. Deputy Fick reports the vehicle he observed was the lone eastbound traveling vehicle he encountered. Deputy Fick observed the vehicle yield to himself and other deputies responding to the scene. Deputy Fick reports he was unable to see a front license plate and observed a black bracket in the front middle of the bumper. Deputy Fick reports he observed grey or silver trim on the vehicle.”

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

I thought it was officially reported early on that no vehicles were seen on the road by LE?
It was reported that way.

“The defendant stated he had the shotgun in his one hand, and he reached his arm around J.L.C.’s body and began to drag her out of the house. As he was doing so, the defendant stated he nearly slipped in the blood that had pooled on the floor. The defendant stated he dragged J.L.C. across the front yard toward his car. At one point, the defendant stated he told J.L.C. that she needed to walk and then realized that she couldn’t because he had taped her legs together at the ankles. The defendant stated he drug her across the yard where he then dropped her near the driver’s side door of his car. The defendant stated he then popped the trunk open, dragged J.L.C. to the back of the car, put her in the trunk, and then locked the trunk shut.”

So this is how they likely could confirm she was in the house and taken, drag marks and tape.

Unbelievable how quickly he escalated from "I am going to take that girl" to planning and executing. Yes, he planned extensively, but over such a relatively short amount of time. And so boldly.
...I am wondering what came first the extensive planning and than finding the perfect victim or visa-versa- because HE told interviewers the minute he saw her" he knew she was the one". I, IMO, think he actually may have been planning to take someone for months if not years and when he saw her acted on what may have been a long simmering desire to abduct a girl and then rapidly put his plan into motion. I don't know. I hope he keeps on talking............

In regards to the le passing the car on the way to the crime scene. My speculation is that since the car pulled over that they probably later had doubt weather it was involved or not. They probably didn’t want the public looking for only that car and overlook another make and model that may have been involved. If this is the case, it was a huge mistake by LE. I would think it would have been better to say be on the lookout for a red late model ford tourus that may or may not be involved.including said unique characteristics. Jmo of course easy for me to say in hindsight, if it intact ended up being a different car and someone did id it, they would have made an excellent decision
They didn't even know that there was a kidnapping until much later on. That's why they didn't stop or take notice of any cars they passed

Want to do something to even the scales on this kind of monstrous evil? Hug your children, hold them close and teach them that no matter what they are never to give up. Call your mother and tell her you love her, and then call your father and tell him the same.
Take some supplies to your local women's shelter, support those who have left monsters just like this.
Eat dinner with your family, at the table, and tell them how thankful you are for each and every one of them.
Take a pie over to your neighbor's home.
Take back the fear, the anger and the hate and don't let this monster spread it any farther. Erase him from your mind and remember that smile on Jayme's face because what he couldn't plan for, what he couldn't shoot dead, what he couldn't overcome was love. That's what beat him, the love Jayme had for her family, the love her family had for her and it was that love that gave her strength and courage and beat him.
That's the best!! Love and compassion always beats hate and violence in our minds.

Jayme Closs: Suspect confessed to killing her parents and kidnapping her, complaint states - CNN
Jake Patterson confessed to killing James and Denise Closs and kidnapping Jayme Closs, according to a criminal complaint released Monday by the Barron County District Attorney.

The complaint said that Patterson, 21, first spotted Jayme while on the way home from work when he was stopped behind a school bus and watched Jayme get on the bus.

Patterson told police he had no idea who Jayme was, but "the defendant states, when he saw (Jayme) he knew that was the girl he was going to take."

The complaint features the first details from Jayme's perspective of what happened to her. She told investigators that she got up on October 15 to learn why her dog was barking and saw Patterson driving up their driveway. The suspect then shot and killed her father at the door as she and her mother hid in the bathroom, she told investigators.

The suspect forced her mother to put tape over Jayme's mouth and then fatally shot her, and then taped Jayme's hands and ankles together and he dragged her out to the trunk of his car, the complaint states.

Last edited:
If someone you saw kill your parents, and dragged you bound and gagged out of your house, and drove you off in his car trunk told you your life depended on hiding under a bed? When you were 13? I'm hiding under the bed. Good on Jayme for getting out of there, regardless of the terror she endured.

“The defendant stated he had the shotgun in his one hand, and he reached his arm around J.L.C.’s body and began to drag her out of the house. As he was doing so, the defendant stated he nearly slipped in the blood that had pooled on the floor. The defendant stated he dragged J.L.C. across the front yard toward his car. At one point, the defendant stated he told J.L.C. that she needed to walk and then realized that she couldn’t because he had taped her legs together at the ankles. The defendant stated he drug her across the yard where he then dropped her near the driver’s side door of his car. The defendant stated he then popped the trunk open, dragged J.L.C. to the back of the car, put her in the trunk, and then locked the trunk shut.”

So this is how they likely could confirm she was in the house and taken, drag marks and tape.

Poor child to have to see and go through that.. JP sounds so void of emotion about what he is saying..

That was horrific reading. I cannot imagine being bound and gagged and dragged. You'd think you were in a nightmare. That poor child. I'm hoping nothing happened to her personally from the reading of this charge. Please, Universe, make it so that she just kept him company with his monopoly game. She will heal so much faster if she wasn't abused that way.

He was going to shoot any cops too who pulled him over:

“The defendant stated he was determined he was going to take J.L.C. that night and was going to kill anyone in the house because he could not leave any eyewitnesses behind. Asked what he would have done if he was stopped by the police on the way to his house, the defendant stated he still had the loaded shotgun in the front seat of the car with him. The defendant stated he most likely would have shot at the police. The defendant estimated he was at the Closs home for only about four minutes total.“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member