Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like there are quite a few houses nearby, although we know that many of them were vacant. I'm surprised that JP didn't just follow her tracks in the snow to find her.

View attachment 164039

Someone else pointed out that (at least when he was caught), JP was driving, not walking, which would have been necessary to follow her tracks. Also, Jayme was wearing overly large shoes when she approached the dog walker. If those were JP's shoes, as some have suggested, that might've made it harder for him to follow her tracks, which, though fresher than his, might have gotten mixed up with his own tracks.

Someone else pointed out that (at least when he was caught), JP was driving, not walking, which would have been necessary to follow her tracks. Also, Jayme was wearing overly large shoes when she approached the dog walker. If those were JP's shoes, as some have suggested, that might've made it harder for him to follow her tracks, which, though fresher than his, might have gotten mixed up with his own tracks.

Well, I could see him finding her missing, and running outside to have a look around before hopping in his car. He may have seen the tracks out the back or side of the house, but rather than follow them on foot, he got in his car.

After a school shooting in NM I cut out a magazine clipping. It said: "The U.S. National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime issued a report listing factors that could identify youths who might commit lethal violence in school. The following family factors were included: a turbulent parent-child relationship, parents who are unable to recognize problems in their children, a lack of closeness, parents who set few or no limits on a child’s conduct, and children who are extremely private, leading a double life and thus hiding a part of their life from their parents."

I believe this. Today many children are victims of family breakup. Others have parents who have little time for them. Thousands of young ones have grown up with inadequate moral and family guidance. Some experts feel that such an environment may result in children’s not developing the ability to bond well with others....and yes, making it easier for them to commit crimes against fellow humans, often without remorse. This is what I see in JP......
It does seem like almost every time it reads parents are divorced. I’m thinking kids don’t cope so well when your family splits up, and divorce is suppose to be a normal thing so the not coping doesn’t get noticed.

Jmo he is just a loser. He is 21, not a child. Old enough to vote, fight, work, marry, buy property, etc...we don’t need to make excuses for him.
I like this post. Some argue that the propensity for violence or killing has always been inborn in humans, such theories would leave us doomed to an endless cycle of violence from which there is no hope of escape. Altho I agree some individuals are more prone to violence than others, free will still exists. The will to kill still includes choice and human decision making, and thus accountability and culpability. This is why making excuses for him is an injustice to Jayme, and her parents.

I hope Jayme's family like the Dugard and Smart families close their doors and allow Jayme to heal without answering reporters and tv stations questions!
Jayme is an alive victim and we that have followed along want nothing but the best for her!

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jmo he is just a loser. He is 21, not a child. Old enough to vote, fight, work, marry, buy property, etc...we don’t need to make excuses for him.
We're not making excuses for him. We're trying to find out what makes him tick. At least I am. Cause personally I think it's shocking he wasn't even on the radar. How on earth could this guy outsmart LE and the FBI.
It seems like they had NOTHING on him.

If you want to learn from this and prevent it from happening again, you keep digging. Who is he and why was he able to pull this off. This is not about excuses. But about getting inside his head.

I like this post. Some argue that the propensity for violence or killing has always been inborn in humans, such theories would leave us doomed to an endless cycle of violence from which there is no hope of escape. Altho I agree some individuals are more prone to violence than others, free will still exists. The will to kill still includes choice and human decision making, and thus accountability and culpability. This is why making excuses for him is an injustice to Jayme, and her parents.
He understands right and wrong. He decided wrong!

She was in the middle of nowhere - East of Gordon, nothing for miles around.

View attachment 164048
And all who aided her by taking her in and calling 911 were not full-time residents. JN told the press she had come up late Thursday for the weekend and walked Henry (her dog) when she arrived. The K's also said they were there for a weekend getaway. Great timing!

We're not making excuses for him. We're trying to find out what makes him tick. At least I am. Cause personally I think it's shocking he wasn't even on the radar. How on earth could this guy outsmart LE and the FBI.
It seems like they had NOTHING on him.

If you want to learn from this and prevent it from happening again, you keep digging. Who is he and why was he able to pull this off. This is not about excuses. But about getting inside his head.
I’m very surprised that he didn’t have a previous criminal record.

He didn’t outsmart anyone though. He simply benefited from the lack of an obvious connection to the victim.

He took incredible risks during the murders, and was fortunate he didn’t get caught.

He also had the perfect place to hide her.

Some skill, but mostly dumb luck and circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77