Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of a couple of reasons:
1) so she will be more hopeless because she thinks she is further away from home. Remember that she didn't even know she was still in Wisconsin when she rescued herself
2) I really doubt it, but maybe he planned to let her go eventually and she wouldn't be able to give true distance to his house to cops.
Yeah. But what’s the difference between an hour and a half and 2 hours in a car trunk?

She’s still just as clueless as to where she is.

A teenage girl who had just witnessed unspeakable horror, isn’t going to have a great deal of time comprehension.

I think he drove straight to his house following that attack.

Absolutely correct. The thing about their statement is that they seem to be able to remember it quite well in the criminal complaint

Someone on the Thread 38 pointed out that the issue of the maroon or red Taurus was something that Sheriff Fitzgerald purposely withheld from the public. This was stated by the District Attorney during the news conference that took place yesterday during the reporters' questioning period. Here is the link:

Here is an MSM article that states Jayme's condition when found
(quote)
Kasinskas said Jayme appeared thin and ragged, wearing what looked like leggings, a sweatshirt and oversized men's tennis shoes. He said she was quiet while they waited for police to arrive, roughly 15 minutes later.

"She looked just the same as in all the photos, a little thinner," Kasinskas said. "Her hair was still the same color and length. She just looked a little unkempt like she hadn't been able to take care of herself for some time."
Jayme Closs helped police arrest man accused of kidnapping her

I guess what I was trying to say is: she has spent the past three months in the arms of this monster. So we really don't know what all took place.
If SA happened (and we don't know that it did), can those charges be brought later? Can they try him for murder and kidnapping, and later, when JC is ready to talk about her captivity, bring more charges? Or does it have to happen all at once?

jmo

Yet? It didn't happen to Elizabeth Smart did it? Both girls complied with their abductors out of sheer terror.

JMO
I was just reading that it doesn't happen to everyone. It did however happen to Patty Hearst if you remember that one. It's a survival mode that happens sometimes.

Yeah, I wasn't saying that she had Stockholm Syndrome, the escape itself kind of proves she didn't, I was saying that we don't know that he wasn't laying the groundwork for things to eventually head in that direction. I was replying to the statement of "he did nothing" to make her have SS. We don't know that yet.
Remember Amanda Berry? She said she sometimes felt affection for Ariel Castro when he was nice to their daughter. Yet when she had the chance to finally escape, she jumped in some strangers arms when she finally broke through the door to his house. Imo

If SA happened (and we don't know that it did), can those charges be brought later? Can they try him for murder and kidnapping, and later, when JC is ready to talk about her captivity, bring more charges? Or does it have to happen all at once?

jmo
Not sure, but i think they have enough on him otherwise anyway with the double homicide and kidnapping of a minor charges, to put him away for a long time. All IMO.

This is a good post in the sense that we must keep in mind that we really dont know how many times Patterson hit, or torchered Jayme. We need to keep an open thought to the fact that the criminal complaint is very likely just a tiny fraction of what has transpired during the past 88-days.
We shouldn't need to know all that happened to Jayme. Stockholm Syndrome was nonsense tossed around when Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped and it was insulting to her.

JMO

It does seem a bit odd that LE didn’t release the vehicle description for the Ford Taurus, but my own opinion is that even if they had, it probably wouldn’t have solved the case any sooner.

On another note, does anyone else find it strange that JTP voted in November? He doesn’t really seem like the voting type to me, given his lack of stable employment history and lack of social life. I’m not looking to start an argument about politics here, but rather, ny point is that there’s a lot about JTP we still don’t know.

But LE believed the killer could be driving one of those two vehicles. It wasn’t a game. The one vehicle they didn’t pursue in their investigation was the Taurus. Didn’t it cross their minds that the killer might be driving it? I would think so. But even though they had a pretty decent description of the car, they did nothing with it.
I think we get that.. at least I do, so what's the point of continuing to post about it. Post it on the Barron county website

I was just reading that it doesn't happen to everyone. It did however happen to Patty Hearst if you remember that one. It's a survival mode that happens sometimes.
I'm not an expert by any means, but I think it takes more than just being occasionally nice to the captive. I think brainwashing happens and the captive starts to identify with the purpose/motivation of the captor.

I don't see that happening with Jayme. She witnessed her parents' murders and I don't think anything would sway her from the horror of that, just my hunch.

But we know very little of what happened.

jmo

Not sure, but i think they have enough on him otherwise anyway with the double homicide and kidnapping of a minor charges, to put him away for a long time. All IMO.
Yes I do too. But he hasn't gone to trial, hasn't been sentenced. The more felony charges the better imo. They can always drop them.
I just feel sorry for Jayme having the world know what all happened to her. :(

To be fair, other than one or two brief statements what occurred in that house in those 88 days aside the method he used to restrain her and her ability or attempts to escape ; pretty much remains a mystery.

I'm on the opposite end of this spectrum. While I suspect that there was plenty of terrorizing I also suspect that there were attempts at "normalcy" or him faking kindness. The monopoly game as an example of this. I don't believe that he ever intended to murder Jayme. He viewed her as his "prize" imo. I think her first escape attempt would have resulted in serious injury if that was his end game.
That's what I'm thinking. There has been no mention of her having any kind of restraints other than when he was not home. She was not allowed out of the room without him, but that doesn't mean she didn't have a little freedom. Maybe he was hoping to "shape" her into the perfect girlfriend. Imo

jmo

I think yes...

It may or may not have happened to Patty Hearst who wasn't a minor when kidnapped from her boyfriend's apartment and who used "Stockholm Syndrome" in her defense to bank robbery. iirc, she did spend time in prison.

JMO

We shouldn't need to know all that happened to Jayme. Stockholm Syndrome was nonsense tossed around when Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped and it was insulting to her.

JMO
I agree, and can't even imagine as a victim what you would have to do to keep okay with a perp. that had just murdered your parents and kept you hostage after the fact. It doesn't even bear thinking about. The stuff of nightmares, just horrendous.

JMO

I dont see this guy going to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members