Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what I just found! They did find it!

Detective Nelson reports that, throughout the course of the two-day search, a total of 89 pieces of evidence were recovered from the property. Among the items recovered are the following:  Mossberg silver and black colored shotgun and three remaining shotgun shells  Brown colored leather steel toed boots  Black colored jacket  Black colored mask  Stolen license plate  Glow in the dark colored T-handle trunk safety release lever
Cool. I wasn't 100% sure. I remember it burned me up reading about the safety release lever. He was pretty dumb to keep all that stuff. Imo

JMO
Something I found interesting when the charging document came out.

LE had a lot of detailed information in the charging document and it seems a lot of it had to come directly from JP. He didnt seem the type to start telling LE anything so I am wondering why he didn't just stay silent and ask for a lawyer? I guess maybe he figured he was caught and decided to go ahead and just admit to LE the details. It seems he was almost bragging about some things in a strange way. Maybe his arrogance is so large that he couldnt help himself in telling LE the details.

Anyway I just found it strange he would start to tell LE anything at all and especially so much so quickly. I didnt expect that at all.
I think he was trying to prove to the world that he was qualified to be a Marine. That was important to his psyche and the Marines kicked him out. I think this was his sick way of letting them know he could get away with something so evil and he enjoyed it.

I’m not advocating any change in protocal for emergency responders and the public. Had JP not yielded to the ER flashing vehicles, that is a violation that warrants a stop. My position is that JP and his vehicle should have been sought as potential witness similar to the charger and edge vehicles as all were believed in the area. It’s a problem that the only known and/or documented oncoming vehicle on the road was not sought as a witness. Given how quickly JP gave it up, I think even any witness inquiry would have put Investigator on alert to look more into JP. MOO
I couldn’t possibly agree more. I still have not heard an explanation that makes any sense here.

It sure as Hell appears that one of the responding officers got a good look at it.

The lack of follow up is inexplicable.

I would volunteer some of my time to the FBI for this type of case if they are too short handed to do that sort of basic task. Now, its possible they did have him on a list, but arent public about it. I hope thats the case. But 88 days is too long. If he never worked at Jennie-o it would have taken longer to narrow the list. But the fact is, he had worked there.

There's a bit of a hitch to this being that the vehicle was registered to KP (his sister). However, I still think your methodology would have led to an in-common last name with someone that both worked at that Jennie-O and could have been driving a maroon Taurus ( or similar).

Also, Fitzgerald has stated several times that he was no where near their radar. They had no clue and no leads. Which, with that accurate vehicle description is absolutely concerning.

JMO
Something I found interesting when the charging document came out.

LE had a lot of detailed information in the charging document and it seems a lot of it had to come directly from JP. He didnt seem the type to start telling LE anything so I am wondering why he didn't just stay silent and ask for a lawyer? I guess maybe he figured he was caught and decided to go ahead and just admit to LE the details. It seems he was almost bragging about some things in a strange way. Maybe his arrogance is so large that he couldnt help himself in telling LE the details.

Anyway I just found it strange he would start to tell LE anything at all and especially so much so quickly.
I didnt expect that at all.

RBBM

JP wants his "15 minutes of fame", IMO.

Face it - he's failed at most everything else - can't hold a job more than one day, left basic training after five days . . . I'm sure the list goes on. JP succeeded at kidnapping a young woman, murdering her parents and holding said young woman for 88 days.

His words to the arresting officer were, "I did it".

And there are certain people who admire him for doing so. He's finally done something that he sees as "right".

Just my very cynical humble opinion (JMVCHO).

Do we actually know that they played monopoly? All I saw was the picture on Radar with the caption that there was a half finished game of monopoly in the living room. I've never seen that we know for sure JP and Jayme actually played the game. But maybe I missed it.

No. We don't know that they did. I was speculating based on it being left out.

Based on the sequence of events since JP was arrested - I hope JP just pleads guilty.

My Hopes as well. Like I said before: this guy makes Charles Manson look like an alter boy. What he did to the Closs's is unthinkable, and not even imaginable. I cant begin to even try to imagine the horror that JC would have felt on that night. ABSOLUTELY sickening by any stretch of the imagination...

I remain profoundly pleased that Jayme escaped.
Reading what is now public, it seems to me that LE and FBI failed.
The reason is pretty simple.
It appears that its just a coincidence that JP worked in Barron at Jennie-O all of 1 day. I'm not so sure it was a coincidence.
However, in the first 24 hrs of this case I would want a list of every employee for the past 5 years minimum. Within another 48 hrs I would have wanted that list cross referenced against the vehicle types spotted with WI license plate and registration records. Yes LE can get a list of all maroon (or similarly colored) Ford Tauruses, or the other vehicles. Since the Taurus was seen directly by LE enroute to the Closs home, that vehicle should have been high if not at top of the list. Just a guess... but I'd expect as many as 10,000 employees in 10 years. Less than 2% of cars are that color. So 200 cars and people at most. Then you can apply other statistical and profile factors to decide who you most likely to look at. Out of 200, 100 or so are men. This is something that could have been done in hours to minutes once the 2 lists were obtained, which should not have taken more than 2 days. Just based on that the list of 100 is rather small. How long would it take 1 investigator to narrow that list? Here on WS as we were profiling, I posted male late teens to 30's(most likely 20's), ex military and/or hunter and/or criminal. So I would have filtered those 100 by age,hunting license records, military records and criminal databases. Between that and age the list should narrow. Even if I alone had to dig into 100 people and figure out where they were on that night, it would not have taken more than a couple weeks. But, a few agents and advanced tools? That should have been narrowed within days to a handful of people. And that handful could have been under surveillance. And it does seem JP WAS prepared for that. How you could figure out that Jayme was hidden in there is another subject. But hands down I would have had his name on a list of 10 to 100 people within days if that Taurus was registered to him. And if LE saw the plate number they could have deduced that the vehicle spotted had stolen plates. Which means, someone should concentrate on that type vehicle. I would volunteer some of my time to the FBI for this type of case if they are too short handed to do that sort of basic task. Now, its possible they did have him on a list, but arent public about it. I hope thats the case. But 88 days is too long. If he never worked at Jennie-o it would have taken longer to narrow the list. But the fact is, he had worked there.

I like the narrowing down vehicle research part but, respectively, how would LE even know to start checking Jenni-O's employees out versus any other local businesses in the area?

I personally think it’s ironic that he thought he outsmarted LE, but he underestimated the will to survive of his 13yr old hostage! I hope that being caught by the person he obsessed over pisses him off as he stares at the wall in a prison cell every night!!! Jayme is a SURVIVOR!!!!

There's a bit of a hitch to this being that the vehicle was registered to KP (his sister). However, I still think your methodology would have led to an in-common last name with someone that both worked at that Jennie-O and could have been driving a maroon Taurus ( or similar).

Also, Fitzgerald has stated several times that he was no where near their radar. They had no clue and no leads. Which, with that accurate vehicle description is absolutely concerning.
Ya and wasn’t it like 3yrs ago for like one day? That is an awful big hay stack to pull a needle out of. Isn’t it?

RBBM

JP wants his "15 minutes of fame", IMO.

Face it - he's failed at most everything else - can't hold a job more than one day, left basic training after five days . . . I'm sure the list goes on. JP succeeded at kidnapping a young woman, murdering her parents and holding said young woman for 88 days.

His words to the arresting officer were, "I did it".

And there are certain people who admire him for doing so. He's finally done something that he sees as "right".

Just my very cynical humble opinion (JMVCHO).
You may be right. He may consider this to be the most successful thing he has ever done. He told LE he never would have been caught if he hadn't made a mistake. I thought by that he meant trusting his victim. So maybe not really his fault, but the victims fault. In his mind. Jmo

Ya but wasn’t it like 3yrs ago for like one day? That is an awful big hay stack to pull a needle out of. Isn’t it?
And I think he might have been working there through a temp agency (like he was at the cheese factory) so might not even show up on the list of employees at the turkey place.

Easy to figure out what to do once the case is solved, just saying.

jmo

Somebody has has to have posted this already, but the radio call has been released:
Riveting - considering the killer could anywhere around the location of the people to who took Jayme in and called 911. The Dispatcher did a wonderful controlling adults, children, pets, cops and medics to rescue Jayme Kloss. W/out alerting the killer who was driving around and had previously been willing to shoot anyone if caught.

Logically I think LE must've been very interested in any cars close by which could've been leaving.
When they arrived it was within minutes of DC's murder. It had to be obvious she had very recently been shot, and would follow that the perp had recently fled.
I wonder how long it took them to realize Jayme was missing.
I'd bet they were hunting every vehicle seen. Maybe the red Taurus was the most suspect as the license plate holder was messed with.
They purposely didn't release this IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members