Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo it was NOT strategy to keep the Taurus secret...it was a mistake, it slipped their minds, whatever. They felt free to mention vague descriptions of other possible vehicles. Somehow this slipped thru the cracks until the arrest, amd then the light bulbs went on. LE screwed up on this. Not sure why we have to make up excuses for them. But jmo.

I wonder if he had the gun with him when he was looking for Jayme after she escaped? Would he have been prepared to kill more people to get her back or did he want to get caught and hand himself in so easily?
I wondered the same, but have not heard. Although it was said he had unloaded the gun and put it in one of the cars outside. But, guess he could of had another one.

Right. And if they'd traced it to his sister, they would've seen that none of her immediate family lived close to Jayme, or worked there, and had no logical connection to the Closses. My guess, though, is that after seeing who the car was registered to in the first place, they would probably have moved on from it and gone on to the next person on the list.
I think if LE weren't aware at the time of who was driving that vehicle and what he had just done they had no idea at the time.
If they had of pulled the vehicle over and checked the plate they would of realized the plate and vehicle didn't match as it was a stolen plate, and would of been suspicious then.
But with the emergency call i guess that was LE's priority at the time. All IMO.

Hi everyone,

First time poster here, looooong time lurker, we're talking years without ever having signed up until today!

I'm in Australia which makes keeping up difficult as I'm asleep while you're all posting and for a case like this, there's always so much activity so I apologise in advance if im repeating something that's already been discussed.

I had a thought while reading about JP hiding Jayme under the bed when friends were over. Can someone please tell me if the friends visiting the house while Jayme was there have been confirmed by LE or if any of these friends have come forward? My thinking behind this is that this information has come from Jayme herself, yes? And she also said that he would turn music up so she couldn't hear what was going on outside the room she was in. So what if this (as in friends visiting the house) is just something he told her to appear popular and normal to her and not like the sad, anti-social loser he really was? Just an idea that popped into my head, but to me IF his deranged plan was to keep her as his girlfriend, then maybe he was trying to portray himself as an ordinary guy with friends and an active social life when in reality no one ever came to the house apart from immediate family.

All my opinion, based purely off the fact that I'm yet to see any confirmation from LE or these supposed friends that there was ever anyone else there. Sorry if I've missed something though and gone off on a wild goose chase for nothing!
It’s certainly possible that he claimed to have friends over, in an effort to look “cool” or normal.

We have not heard from any of these supposed “friends,” so as of now there’s nothing to prove they do in fact exist.

Knowing what we know about him (antisocial), I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right about this.

It’s just impossible to know what the truth is here, atleast right now.

Great thought.

Not sure, but i think they have enough on him otherwise anyway with the double homicide and kidnapping of a minor charges, to put him away for a long time. All IMO.

Yes but he should be labeled a sex offender if he is one. Charges should be stockpiled to make sure he never gets out. I hate the idea of him not getting charged with every evil deed. Who knows what the world will be like in 20-30 years...some governor might free him. He might escape. His verdict might be overturned. You never know. And he deserves that added label, the worst possible to have in prison as a child predator, if he is. Jmo

I totally hear you, but I didn't mention anything about Jayme being strong in that post. I mentioned she witnessed her parents' murders and I don't think she would be in a place within 88 days to identify with the murderer of her parents. I don't think the Stockholm syndrome applies in this particular case.

Just my opinion, of course, and it's frankly not worth much on this particular topic as I'm far from an expert.

jmo

Sorry about that, I know you didn't say that in your post. I was just trying to share an experience of my own. And you're right-SS doesn't apply in this case. She wasn't with him long and fought her way back out.

They did drop
Ball on car.... and your point is good.. just gimme list of all termed people last 5 yr... 80 a year. That’s 400. That’s a lot but most probably have quick alibis ..

In fairness to cops /fbi ... if percentages tell u 90 percent chance family or known acquaintances it’s hard to move away from that...

Plus he was not listed in car or house...they coulda gone through 50,000 Ford Taurus saw sisters name on. Title and said next car..
I don’t know... they were 30 seconds late ... and he’s beyond outlier.
It would be a show stopper if it was a Challenger that showed up on JP's property.

Yes but he should be labeled a sex offender if he is one. Charges should be stockpiled to make sure he never gets out. I hate the idea of him not getting charged with every evil deed. Who knows what the world will be like in 20-30 years...some governor might free him. He might escape. His verdict might be overturned. You never know. And he deserves that added label, the worst possible to have in prison as a child predator, if he is. Jmo
Yes if he hurt Jayme in that way he definitely needs to be charged for that. But aren't there still forthcoming charges in this case yet?
I'm hoping and praying with everything Jayme has had to go through that he didn't do that as well.

Interesting article. Advice from the mother of Jasmine Block - another Wisconsin kidnap victim who escaped her three captors:

Similarities found in cases of Jasmine Block, Jayme Closs

It reads, in part:
Details don’t matter
Block said so many people have tried to push the details out of her, as well as out of her daughter. Kids have friended her daughter just so they could ask her details of what happened. Block fears Jayme Closs and her family will be subjected to the same sort of questions.

“It becomes intrusive. The fact is, the details aren’t what matter,” she said. “These are little girls and they don’t need everyone knowing the exact details of what happened to them. … But what matters is that they survived. They were brave. They escaped.”

If Block could give any advice to all of those who have been following the Closs story, it would be to not ask questions about the details. They need to focus on healing and not answering all the questions.

“And don’t blame the victim. Don’t put blame of any kind of Jayme. That becomes hurtful,” Block said, adding that she knows that from experience. “Don’t talk bad about the victims because they will start blaming themselves. That has happened to Jasmine.”

Block reiterated that the best thing for the people in western Wisconsin and elsewhere is to just be supportive. She said although not everyone was supportive in their case, she has high praise for the way area residents responded to what happened here.

Hi everyone,

First time poster here, looooong time lurker, we're talking years without ever having signed up until today!

I'm in Australia which makes keeping up difficult as I'm asleep while you're all posting and for a case like this, there's always so much activity so I apologise in advance if im repeating something that's already been discussed.

I had a thought while reading about JP hiding Jayme under the bed when friends were over. Can someone please tell me if the friends visiting the house while Jayme was there have been confirmed by LE or if any of these friends have come forward? My thinking behind this is that this information has come from Jayme herself, yes? And she also said that he would turn music up so she couldn't hear what was going on outside the room she was in. So what if this (as in friends visiting the house) is just something he told her to appear popular and normal to her and not like the sad, anti-social loser he really was? Just an idea that popped into my head, but to me IF his deranged plan was to keep her as his girlfriend, then maybe he was trying to portray himself as an ordinary guy with friends and an active social life when in reality no one ever came to the house apart from immediate family.

All my opinion, based purely off the fact that I'm yet to see any confirmation from LE or these supposed friends that there was ever anyone else there. Sorry if I've missed something though and gone off on a wild goose chase for nothing!

Welcome and great first post! I hope you will stay and continue to add to the conversations! As far as your thoughts I have considered this myself. I even have thought that he used the ruse of friends coming over as a way to test if she would try to yell or make noise to alert of her being there as well. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that nobody other than his father had ever visited while she was there, and even that may be fiction. MOO

Totally agree he should be charged with everything he has done! Reading up on the case of Larry Nassar has opened my eyes to the importance of recognizing all victims and harms caused, both big and small.

I must say I appreciate the way the family of JTP has conducted themselves so far. I think they really were taken by surprise and are devastated at what he has done. I’m really feeling sorry for them and see them as a victim right now.

Jake Patterson’s Father To CNN: ‘All I Care About Right Now Is Jayme’s Family’

Kidnapping suspect was 'a perfectly nice boy,' grandfather says

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-of-jayme-closss-alleged-kidnapper-is-totally-distraught/
Yes, you could see the shock and grief on their faces when they went to court, and how they were clasping each other's hands to support each other. Imo

He’ll be charged with everything they can pin on him.

I am not the least bit concerned about him ever being released. This just isn’t the type of crime that lends itself to that scenario, no matter how the world changes.

He ain’t ever getting out.

I think we get that.. at least I do, so what's the point of continuing to post about it. Post it on the Barron county website
LE should have announced it all over the media. Maybe perp would freak out and then kill Jayme.
Then sumzero and others would wonder why they announced the possible car perp drove.
Can we all live with this?
This all ended the best it could for how it all started. Let’s just be happy and quit critiquing LE.
Amen!!

On the other hand, she IS just a child. When a victim is 100% dependent on another person for their food, ability to use the restroom, and whatever joy they have in their life then that can cause all kinds of psychological head stuff.

On other places I've seen people say that they don't think Jayme is "the kind of person" to become brainwashed or whatever. That sure is putting a lot on one little girl, though. She's brave, smart, and seems like a loving person but she's still just a human being-and a child at that. Stockholm Syndrome isn't about being weak or having some kind of flaw inside of you that makes you more susceptible to brainwashing.

If this had continued for years and Jayme had developed some kind of complicated feelings, that would have been totally fine and understandable. I'm a victim of trauma and in my support group we talk about how people said to us, "You'll get through this because you're strong." Though their intentions were good, for many of us it made us feel pressured to APPEAR strong on the outside because A) we didn't want to disappoint the people who thought we were doing well and B) we felt like showing emotions outside of happiness would make us appear "weak."

This isn't entirely relevant, of course, since Jayme managed to escape, but abduction cases are super complicated. It seems obvious that, after having watched her parents be murdered, Jayme wouldn't have developed any kind of psychological bond with her captor but we really don't know.

BBM

Stockholm cannot be known but by those who've survived it.

When one is drowning, finding the reason to stay afloat is the only thing that matters. It's exhausting and terrifying to face each subsequent moment; the significant thing is to draw strength from what may buoy one up against all which weighs one down into the fury.

From the shore others smugly assume what an eternally unstable reality is like, safe & secure from the rage of the darkness. They cannot comprehend the undercurrents that drag one down at each or any moment. Sensing the depths and direction is the only way out. When your existence depends on another's whims, you'll find yourself doing anything to placate and perform to get to the next breath; and almost all of what is required involves soothing someone incomprehensibly puerile.

At some stage you cease to exist as a Self. Adopting anything necessary to remain seen as extension of Them, is as reaching an awful island. These islands become further apart until all there is left, is the reason, lightness, which & where you hide within yourself.

It takes time to get one's 'land legs' back, to find balance and stability where before, there was only an abyss.

We ought to understand full well what it means to have overcome such impossible odds, and respect the sheer will required to come back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members