Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this said on WS already but after hearing that 911 call...WOW. They got a great dispatcher, they all did a remarkable job, it's hard not to call every step of her escape a miracle. What are the chances she escaped, runs a couple hundred years to tht social worker, who knocks at the door of a couple who are a teacher and former police officer and they call 911 & their dispatcher is superb. That was like following a guidebook for what to do in high stress, dangerous situations. The dispatcher anticipated every need and whomever gave her instruction really performed well too & had their team come together swiftly, that's a small town too. I'm more amazed after hearing that call, what could've been kids crying, screaming, dogs barking and adults all yammering at once was just....calm. Perfect!! It made me feel great to hear she was safe & calm not long after escaping. I'm still amazed by JC and everyone who helped her that day.
@Evinrude I really must not see what you're referring to? I dont see any numbers or anything to equate to 213 years old in my post at all. Do tell what your referring to please? I've followed this since the case started I am familiar with the date I assure you

“Runs a couple hundred years to that social worker”

Just having fun at your expense. That has happened to me at least a dozen times.

Jmo it was NOT strategy to keep the Taurus secret...it was a mistake, it slipped their minds, whatever. They felt free to mention vague descriptions of other possible vehicles. Somehow this slipped thru the cracks until the arrest, amd then the light bulbs went on. LE screwed up on this. Not sure why we have to make up excuses for them. But jmo.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion that other members are "making up excuses" for LE rather than just having an opinion other than your own. I am entitled to feel some resentment, however, in being told why I wrote my comment and what my motivation was in commenting as I did. Respectfully, in my case, at least; you are wrong. I wrote "JMO" at the end of my comment and that is all it is... just my opinion and not "making up excuses" for LE.
Edited to add JMO.

As mentioned upthread, the current charges are his crime in Barron. He could face more charges from Douglas County where he lived. I'm thinking false imprisonment (not sure that is the right term) at least. He kidnapped her in Barron but held her captive in a different county. IDK if it works like that, but the additional charges probably have to do with him holding her in his house. Just a guess.

jmo

I agree. In the charged Jayme indicated he hit her across the back once with, iirc, a pole or something used to clean blinds. If they have evidence, this could warrant an assault charge. Plus, I’m sure there are many more potential charges we just don’t know about at this time.

@Evinrude I really must not see what you're referring to? I dont see any numbers or anything to equate to 213 years old in my post at all. Do tell what your referring to please? I've followed this since the case started I am familiar with the date I assure you. Oops I spelled yards "years". I'm sorry to offend you @Evinrude. Don't you have anything better to do than pick on me for spelling a word incorrectly? Wow!
I think it's a joke. The post said she ran 100 years.

I cannot imagine the horror Jayme experienced in those minutes inside her home that morning. That horror will never go away. She will be reminded of it everyday she lives. I only hope if there was anything else that occurred during her confinement, she can come to terms with it. But, until I know SA happened I'm not going to dwell on it. I KNOW she heard her father being murdered, and I KNOW she and her mother hid in a bathtub in a bathroom until a masked person dressed like a terrorist broke the door down after over 10 shoulder hits. He then taped her mouth, hands, and feet before shooting her mother in the head in front of her and dragging her thru the blood of both her parents to the confines of a car trunk. This is some serious crap that she will never get over. This alone is too much and I only hope it's all. To me this is the mountain.

I think he put her in that particular close space because it was easy for him to do. His bed, his space underneath.
He didn't have to move her downstairs or bind her tightly as far as we know. The totes and weights were probably old junk from his closet a few feet away.

It's an odd form of restraint.

Perhaps, growing up, he was punished in that manner and chose to replay it with JC?

Just an odd thought while catching up tonight.

So glad she has been found! So courageous, I read she fled so fast she put her captors shoes on the wrong feet. I was surprised her captor was so young! I still don't understand what his motive was to kidnap her though. Authorities have stated no sexual assault charges have been filed and they aren't certain if they will in the future. Pretty much this guy saw her board her school bus and on the spot decided to kidnap her. He quit his job then started a plan. What's the reason though? Was he just enamored with her at first sight or something? It doesn't make sense... Another thing I was curious about was how was this guy making a living? Especially if he was alone with her in the cabin. How did he afford it? Was it his family's? Also where was he living before the cabin? If he was living at home then how did he explain staying at the cabin? So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro