Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve all written on here and hit send, only to see it posted and wonder what the heck one was smoking when he was texting.
I’ve had folks humor me with my autocorrect before. One just has to roll with it. Life is short, take a deep breath, smile, giggle and love. Not always easy.

Especially in cases like these. A little levity never hurts.

Scary thing is, iirc his father lives up near there. Was he thinking he’d crash at dads during the work week and leave Jayme at home? At this point, I’d probably believe that he would do something like that.

You guys really think he suddenly grew a work ethic?

I’m wondering if he applied for job to humor Dad / others. Perhaps in exchange for free rent Dad wanted to see his son was at least making an attempt at becoming gainfully employed. With Jayme in his home, he had no intention of working.

jMO of course

Douglas Co. Officials Explain Why Jayme Closs Response Took So Long
When local law enforcement got a 911 call that Jayme Closs had been found , multiple Douglas County Sheriff deputies were sent to the scene. However, from the time the call came in to them arriving took 30 minutes.

As for why the response took so long, Douglas County Sheriff Lieutenant Chris Hoyt told WDIO News, the first three responding deputies were working patrol at the time and available for calls.

The first time stamp from their AVL log was at 4:16 p.m.

One deputy was coming from County Hwy E in the Hawthorne Wisconsin area, 28 miles from the Kasinkas home. The responding time took 25 minutes.

Another deputy responded near lake Minnesuing on County Highway P, 29 miles away. His response time also 25 minutes.

The third responding deputy was 45 miles away in Superior. His response time was 29 minutes.

Two other deputies not working patrol assisted, one arriving on scene at 4:42 p.m. and the other at 4:53 p.m.

All were traveling over 100 miles per hour.

Do we know from marines specifically what incongruant actually meant... was he too out of shape, couldn’t handle weapons, surly with superiors. I’m not saying Marines we’re breaking point but if he went full metal jacket cause of an incident you’d think we’d hear ???? Maybe he had big hopes for marines and it was nightmare.... dunno Just bizarre u spend 30 days with what 20/30 people and your gone ... nobody pops up with explaination.

I’d bet if u ask him why he failed in the marines his tone would change.

I have been following this from the beginning and read every post in the “missing” threads until we got to Found Alive, too fast to keep up. Anyway, I’ve grown attached to Jayme, her family, the town...I was so upset when I heard about the red car thinking how could this have happened?!!

I’m not going to make excuses for LE, maybe it was a huge mistake, I’m sure some in the department are feeling horrible thinking if only...

I don’t know how the family feels, I would certainly yield to any feelings they have but I got to thinking what if they had noticed the car and there was a shootout and not knowing Jayme was in the trunk they shot her? How horrible would that be? I just have to have faith that it turned out ok because she is alive and there are so many scenarios that could have played out that would have ended with her dead.
I would think it much more likely that they would be more upset by knowing how the killer described how he saw Jayme getting on the bus and decided to kidnap her, ripped the shower curtain away and shot Denise while holding Jayme in a bear hug, described slipping in her blood, removed the safety latch in the trunk so she couldn't escape, and all the other horrible things he did to their family.
I wouldn't think they are going to start blaming LE with " if only they had done this," now that they have experienced what must feel like a miracle. There is only one person to blame for this crime. Imo

Last edited:
When local law enforcement got a 911 call that Jayme Closs had been found , multiple Douglas County Sheriff deputies were sent to the scene. However, from the time the call came in to them arriving took 30 minutes.

As for why the response took so long, Douglas County Sheriff Lieutenant Chris Hoyt told WDIO News, the first three responding deputies were working patrol at the time and available for calls.

The first time stamp from their AVL log was at 4:16 p.m.

One deputy was coming from County Hwy E in the Hawthorne Wisconsin area, 28 miles from the Kasinkas home. The responding time took 25 minutes.

Another deputy responded near lake Minnesuing on County Highway P, 29 miles away. His response time also 25 minutes.

The third responding deputy was 45 miles away in Superior. His response time was 29 minutes.

Two other deputies not working patrol assisted, one arriving on scene at 4:42 p.m. and the other at 4:53 p.m.

That's not surprising. Having lived back there, LE has a lot of ground to cover. And, not many deputies to do so.

If they were traveling over 100 mph, why did it take them 25 minutes to go approximately 30 miles?

<modsnipped quoted post>

The topic of JP being an Incel has caused some tension on Jayme's threads, possibly getting the thread shut down. We asked for a separate thread where we could discuss this. The Mods told us to open a private conversation where up to 20 people could discuss this topic.

If someone has started one or starts one, please invite me

If they were traveling over 100 mph, why did it take them 25 minutes to go approximately 30 miles?

Icy, slippery roads. Roads are salted to melt the ice, but patches of ice still remain. They may have reached speeds of 100 mph, but I'd bet that wasn't a consistent speed. Plus, deer love to jump in front of one's vehicle with no warning.

I could tell many, many stories of flipped cars going too fast in winter conditions . . .

There was something “familiar” to me about keeping her under the bed.

It just came to me. The case of Colleen Stan. It’s an older case that many WS’ers may not be familiar with (1977-1984) She was kept in a box 23 hours a day under her captors bed for seven years.

I wonder if JP was familiar with that case.
This is what I was thinking too. Is this the case of them telling the victim they were with "the company" and ppl from "the company" would find her if she tried to leave? Her captor even went with her to visit her family years later? I wonder if JP used a similar tactic with jc, if any of his 9 cars were operable he could've been the one coming and going in different cars. She wouldn't know the difference and had every reason to blv him. Does make one wonder.

I have been following this from the beginning and read every post in the “missing” threads until we got to Found Alive, too fast to keep up. Anyway, I’ve grown attached to Jayme, her family, the town...I was so upset when I heard about the red car thinking how could this have happened?!!

I’m not going to make excuses for LE, maybe it was a huge mistake, I’m sure some in the department are feeling horrible thinking if only...

I don’t know how the family feels, I would certainly yield to any feelings they have but I got to thinking what if they had noticed the car and there was a shootout and not knowing Jayme was in the trunk they shot her? How horrible would that be? I just have to have faith that it turned out ok because she is alive and there are so many scenarios that could have played out that would have ended with her dead.

From the very first, this case felt nothing like the trafficking abductions I've been involved in. Despite an impressive community spirit, it gave an impression of hopelessness and very grave misgivings at every turn.
While I only know now, what everyone else has pored over for months, the strange approach from Barron's PD has had profiled posturing written all over it- what was shown was never for us but those unseen.
This debases what we believe; however we were bystanders who stood to interfere instead of assist, a risk LE wasn't willing to invest in. It's frightening to feel powerless in the face of such atrocious, wanton destruction, and all are right to wish higher refinement lest there ever be a 'next time'!

I've suspected that the most professional detectives involved here had a hard time shaking down this budding hybrid, and this case will go down in history as a learning example. This absolutely couldn't be done without careful examination of the girl's character at the heart of it all, as she operated as a blind inside agent alongside her captor.

There are so many violent persons on any given day at large, they may blend en masse into an ugly, amorphous apparition. What we couldn't recognize even if shown from the start, that could have brought a seething maniac hellbent on bending a child to it's whims, home again?
And for what we lost in feeling important or involved, how many lives have been saved here, playing things hard and close? 10? 100? Look into the faces of lost lives past and ask what would it take to bring them back.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/jayme...oagEx5E1CGwG8dnOq4Uk85O-PfEpnmdSZN5_GqzSJL3WA
Jayme Closs’ alleged kidnapper was obsessed with roadkill: ex
She said the accused killer kidnapper also had a fetish for roadkill.

“It was an insane obsession of his,” she said. “His cabin was full of animal heads, but I don’t think people understand that he found those animals on the side of the road and stuffed them himself.”

“I saw his true colors that night, he was so full of rage,’’ she said. “He literally scared the hell out of me. I was at the cabin, and he came out with this weird-looking masquerade mask. It was scary as hell.”

That could’ve been anyone — it could’ve been me. It could’ve been my sister. I slept at that house. I ate at that house. We all hung out at that house — it was beyond surreal.”

It's an odd form of restraint.

Perhaps, growing up, he was punished in that manner and chose to replay it with JC?

Just an odd thought while catching up tonight.

It's a good line of thinking.

I saw his interview where he talks about just moving the bed over to the wall. It was like " This was really quick and easy and didn't really cause me any sweat".

I think he's very low energy, very low- engagement with anyone else unless they are helping HIM with something ( Dad with food and money, plus gasoline,etc).

I think HE may have chosen to hide or just go into and stay in closets or in other very small spaces to keep " the people out" of his head and whatever he was doing alone from a very young age. He likely didn't " learn" any isolation techniques at all, rather they are simply a part of how his mind works.

While it's my opinion that I believe he will rail mightily against authority in prison, I don't think he's going to mind the confined space of jail or prison but will be just the opposite. It will be just fine, comfy, no complaints.

He could act up on purpose to the point of being put into solitary confinement at least once to see how he likes it. I don't imagine he'd be allowed to leave the deep isolation for any reason during the time of punishment in a Supermax facility, and he might weigh the punishment for continued serious infractions against being left alone in shower, no outdoor time in the yard, no communication with any other prisoner.

All is JMO, of course.

I'm not convinced by everything in that article. The dead animal heads/roadkill and amateur taxidermy seemed more horror-movie trope than real experience, like something the ex had not seen for herself but picked up secondhand. The flying off the handle and slashed tires seemed more credible to me.

Then again, if ever a 21 year-old was going to go full Norman Bates -- this kid seems like a good bet.

Full Ed Gein. That is who Bates is based on. Ed Gein, a Wisconsin native

Do we know from marines specifically what incongruant actually meant... was he too out of shape, couldn’t handle weapons, surly with superiors. I’m not saying Marines we’re breaking point but if he went full metal jacket cause of an incident you’d think we’d hear ???? Maybe he had big hopes for marines and it was nightmare.... dunno Just bizarre u spend 30 days with what 20/30 people and your gone ... nobody pops up with explaination.

I’d bet if u ask him why he failed in the marines his tone would change.
Yeah, he would probably say it was their fault. Imo

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/jayme...oagEx5E1CGwG8dnOq4Uk85O-PfEpnmdSZN5_GqzSJL3WA
Jayme Closs’ alleged kidnapper was obsessed with roadkill: ex
She said the accused killer kidnapper also had a fetish for roadkill.

“It was an insane obsession of his,” she said. “His cabin was full of animal heads, but I don’t think people understand that he found those animals on the side of the road and stuffed them himself.”

“I saw his true colors that night, he was so full of rage,’’ she said. “He literally scared the hell out of me. I was at the cabin, and he came out with this weird-looking masquerade mask. It was scary as hell.”

That could’ve been anyone — it could’ve been me. It could’ve been my sister. I slept at that house. I ate at that house. We all hung out at that house — it was beyond surreal.”
BBM
I wonder what the mask looked like when he went in the Closs home. I've always imagined it was ski mask but now I'm wondering.

There was something “familiar” to me about keeping her under the bed.

It just came to me. The case of Colleen Stan. It’s an older case that many WS’ers may not be familiar with (1977-1984) She was kept in a box 23 hours a day under her captors bed for seven years.

I wonder if JP was familiar with that case.
I think not. It was probably out of practicality. I can think of a few other cases where that’s been done.

He just wanted to keep her close.

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online

Jayme Closs escaped after kidnapper left her to visit his mother 56 miles away - now parent is in shock and scared to leave her home

• A neighbor who wished not to be named told DailyMail.com that Patterson's mother Deborah is distraught and is in shock at the news of her son's crimes
  • They said Deborah and her second husband Kevin - Patterson's stepfather - are thoughtful people who get up early each morning to plow the drive of snow
  • The neighbor added: 'I would see him [Jake] across the street but not to talk to him. They're good people. But he's a freak'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro