Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas Co. Officials Explain Why Jayme Closs Response Took So Long
When local law enforcement got a 911 call that Jayme Closs had been found , multiple Douglas County Sheriff deputies were sent to the scene. However, from the time the call came in to them arriving took 30 minutes.

As for why the response took so long, Douglas County Sheriff Lieutenant Chris Hoyt told WDIO News, the first three responding deputies were working patrol at the time and available for calls.

The first time stamp from their AVL log was at 4:16 p.m.

One deputy was coming from County Hwy E in the Hawthorne Wisconsin area, 28 miles from the Kasinkas home. The responding time took 25 minutes.

Another deputy responded near lake Minnesuing on County Highway P, 29 miles away. His response time also 25 minutes.

The third responding deputy was 45 miles away in Superior. His response time was 29 minutes.

Two other deputies not working patrol assisted, one arriving on scene at 4:42 p.m. and the other at 4:53 p.m.

All were traveling over 100 miles per hour.
According to this if JP stole a police cruiser, drove 100mph with lights and siren he could have got to work in Superior in 25 minutes!

I totally hear you, but I didn't mention anything about Jayme being strong in that post. I mentioned she witnessed her parents' murders and I don't think she would be in a place within 88 days to identify with the murderer of her parents. I don't think the Stockholm syndrome applies in this particular case.

Just my opinion, of course, and it's frankly not worth much on this particular topic as I'm far from an expert.

jmo
I doubt anybody is an expert of Stockholm Syndrome because it is incredibly rare. Stockholm Syndrome didn't apply to Elizabeth Smart and it doesn't apply here. I'm not sure why some want to insist it was even a possibility. To do so is very unfair to these child victims who were cruelly traumatized.
JMO

"I never had Stockholm syndrome,'' she says in the movie. "Just because I physically stopped resisting, doesn't mean I hated it any less. I wasn't sympathetic towards them. I despised them."

Elizabeth Smart on the one question that won’t go away: ‘Why didn’t you run?’

Yes but he should be labeled a sex offender if he is one. Charges should be stockpiled to make sure he never gets out. I hate the idea of him not getting charged with every evil deed. Who knows what the world will be like in 20-30 years...some governor might free him. He might escape. His verdict might be overturned. You never know. And he deserves that added label, the worst possible to have in prison as a child predator, if he is. Jmo

I agree, and if it's proven he is, he knows that life would be even more miserable for him in prison. But if the prosecution offers a plea deal that didn't include a conviction for that crime, might it be beneficial to all involved?

After all, as someone previously suggested, is there any effective difference between two and three life sentences?

The house was owned by Patterson's father, Patrick, and while he didn't live there he would typically visit on Saturdays.

————————-

Thats amazing.... your telling me his own dad was there likely half dozen times ... on Saturdays. While jayme is there under bed..
That’s beyond messed up... if I’m reading that correct ....

This description from the sister’s ex-boyfriend, who would stay at the house for a week at a time is the most telling thing I’ve read about JP’s family life so far (IMO):

Patterson's parents got joint custody of the children but the ex recalled Patterson's father Patrick as the primary care giver.

He said: 'Patrick was just a great guy and so welcoming. But he worked long hours. He'd be up at four to leave the house and not back till late and Jake was kind of alone, isolated even in his family. His brother and sister were that bit older.

'Nobody would really engage with Jake. I never saw him out playing with their dog or taking part in any sporting activity or even with friends.

'He was just always indoors sitting by himself. He'd be watching TV and just staring straight ahead at it. One of the last times I saw him I was getting ready to leave and I sort of said my goodbyes to him and he just kept looking straight ahead, he didn't react at all or turn his head or wave…nothing.
There was something very flat and emotionless about him. There was nothing behind his eyes. I remember feeling that even back then.’

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online

I feel bad for Jayme's mother. Who is dead. shot in front of Jayme. Like Austin Sigg's mom, these parents don't want to see what's in front of them. They don't want to know. His father, too - how can you not notice something is off in the home when music comes from the bedroom with no one in there. Did he ever see inside the bedroom? Why would anyone stack all that junk around a bed?

People always assume everything will be ok and it's not a big deal that things are not right with their kids. This behavior could be due to a serious developmental disorder or genetic/congenital issue, but still, environment has a large role in determining how that plays out in a person's life. Parents are at least partly responsible for how their kids turn out and whether or not they tried to intervene.

I disagree that JP does not meet criteria for ASPD/psychopathy. Just bc we have very little info does not mean the signs aren't there. he has plenty of signs. still, it could be a genetic disorder, but there is no genetic disorder that guarantees someone will become violent. environment is key.

I do feel bad for his mother. This is crazy.

My creepy odd feeling is the thought of being under a bed for 88 days. I remember hearing about weights and dumbbells. If he placed them on the outer edge of his blockade of filled containers, the dumbbells or weights would roll outward if she kicked the containers or totes to get out. Trying to put them back would be a problem for Jayme. jmo how crazy?

I'm sure there are a lot more anecdotes where that came from. Sure, he isn't getting in people's faces and starting fights, but he's off in a corner quietly planning everyone's demise. The nice, shy, quiet kid/neighbor is not necessarily the innocent, peaceful person people assume they are.

This description from the sister’s ex-boyfriend, who would stay at the house for a week at a time is the most telling thing I’ve read about JP’s family life so far (IMO):

Patterson's parents got joint custody of the children but the ex recalled Patterson's father Patrick as the primary care giver.

He said: 'Patrick was just a great guy and so welcoming. But he worked long hours. He'd be up at four to leave the house and not back till late and Jake was kind of alone, isolated even in his family. His brother and sister were that bit older.

'Nobody would really engage with Jake. I never saw him out playing with their dog or taking part in any sporting activity or even with friends.

'He was just always indoors sitting by himself. He'd be watching TV and just staring straight ahead at it. One of the last times I saw him I was getting ready to leave and I sort of said my goodbyes to him and he just kept looking straight ahead, he didn't react at all or turn his head or wave…nothing.
There was something very flat and emotionless about him. There was nothing behind his eyes. I remember feeling that even back then.’

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online

My creepy odd feeling is the thought of being under a bed for 88 days. I remember hearing about weights and dumbbells. If he placed them on the outer edge they would roll outward if she kicked the containers or totes. Trying to put them back would be a problem for Jayme. jmo how crazy?
True. On two occasions he suspected that she had attempted to escape, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what tipped him off.

Its something that wreaks of immaturity though. If a child was holding someone captive, this is one way in which they would do it.

it's something a kid would do. I mean, hiding something under your bed is clever to a child. it smacks of such immaturity, and fear of getting caught, as well as just a total lack of humanity.

I think not. It was probably out of practicality. I can think of a few other cases where that’s been done.

He just wanted to keep her close.

True. On two occasions he suspected that she had attempted to escape, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what tipped him off.

Its something that wreaks of immaturity though. If a child was holding someone captive, this is one way in which they would do it.

It's pretty primitive but apparently worked. gah!!!! jmo

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so sorry if I’m repeating this. I just wondered if anyone who was here from Thread 1, from the beginning thinks he may have posted here on WS. I know it would be pretty impossible to tell.

He just seems like the type to get involved with a topic that he would see as being all about him judging from his statement - he definitely thinks he’s something. I imagine he definitely at least read this thread - he’s a psychopath.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so sorry if I’m repeating this. I just wondered if anyone who was here from Thread 1, from the beginning thinks he may have posted here on WS. I know it would be pretty impossible to tell.

He just seems like the type to get involved with a topic that he would see as being all about him judging from his statement - he definitely thinks he’s something. I imagine he definitely at least read this thread - he’s a psychopath.

Some thought so, yes. I can say this, but we're not allowed to sleuth other members.

You guys really think he suddenly grew a work ethic?

I’m wondering if he applied for job to humor Dad / others. Perhaps in exchange for free rent Dad wanted to see his son was at least making an attempt at becoming gainfully employed. With Jayme in his home, he had no intention of working.

jMO of course
Exactly!

By all accounts, JP was never gainfully employed for more than 48 hours (Jennie-O, Energy Co, Cheese). I believe jobs were a routine, going through the motions, where JP would quit before they could terminate him, and so he could also appease his Dad/Mom that he tried and excuse, excuse, fill in the blank. I also believe this goes back to his discharge from the Marines -- something he wanted more than anything, and they didn't want him. MOO

yup, here it comes. all the weirdness and red flags nobody cared to take seriously.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/jayme...oagEx5E1CGwG8dnOq4Uk85O-PfEpnmdSZN5_GqzSJL3WA
Jayme Closs’ alleged kidnapper was obsessed with roadkill: ex
She said the accused killer kidnapper also had a fetish for roadkill.

“It was an insane obsession of his,” she said. “His cabin was full of animal heads, but I don’t think people understand that he found those animals on the side of the road and stuffed them himself.”

“I saw his true colors that night, he was so full of rage,’’ she said. “He literally scared the hell out of me. I was at the cabin, and he came out with this weird-looking masquerade mask. It was scary as hell.”

That could’ve been anyone — it could’ve been me. It could’ve been my sister. I slept at that house. I ate at that house. We all hung out at that house — it was beyond surreal.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme