Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing authority and father issues all over this. not to simplify, bc it is more complex than that, but in the little we have heard from his punishments of JC, he is like a child looking for a proxy he can act out the authority he has had acted out on him, while not wanting to get caught. and at the same time, taunting his own father by having him over with the girl hidden under his bed. I mean, how symbolic is that?

Exactly!

By all accounts, JP was never gainfully employed for more than 48 hours (Jennie-O, Energy Co, Cheese). I believe jobs were a routine, going through the motions, where JP would quit before they could terminate him, and so he could also appease his Dad/Mom that he tried and excuse, excuse, fill in the blank. I also believe this goes back to his discharge from the Marines -- something he wanted more than anything, and they didn't want him. MOO

Douglas Co. Sheriff's Office getting reports of fake pages for Patterson

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office took to Facebook to tell people they are getting reports of "" pages being set up to benefit the suspect in the Barron County case, Jake Patterson.

I think they kept her alive and that's all they could do. I also think LE was terrified of this guy and knew if they came in contact with him he would shoot at them. They did what they could to encourage her to escape. The coincidence of them thinking they found her earlier in the day was really weird. I wondered if it was a signal to her to go for it, if she could see media. I also wondered if it was a ploy to freak out the abductor and think she escaped to flush him out.

I would think it much more likely that they would be more upset by knowing how the killer described how he saw Jayme getting on the bus and decided to kidnap her, ripped the shower curtain away and shot Denise while holding Jayme in a bear hug, described slipping in her blood, removed the safety latch in the trunk so she couldn't escape, and all the other horrible things he did to their family.
I wouldn't think they are going to start blaming LE with " if only they had done this," now that they have experienced what must feel like a miracle. There is only one person to blame for this crime. Imo

This description from the sister’s ex-boyfriend, who would stay at the house for a week at a time is the most telling thing I’ve read about JP’s family life so far (IMO):

Patterson's parents got joint custody of the children but the ex recalled Patterson's father Patrick as the primary care giver.

He said: 'Patrick was just a great guy and so welcoming. But he worked long hours. He'd be up at four to leave the house and not back till late and Jake was kind of alone, isolated even in his family. His brother and sister were that bit older.

'Nobody would really engage with Jake. I never saw him out playing with their dog or taking part in any sporting activity or even with friends.

'He was just always indoors sitting by himself. He'd be watching TV and just staring straight ahead at it. One of the last times I saw him I was getting ready to leave and I sort of said my goodbyes to him and he just kept looking straight ahead, he didn't react at all or turn his head or wave…nothing.
There was something very flat and emotionless about him. There was nothing behind his eyes
. I remember feeling that even back then.’

Jayme Closs: Mother of man accused of kidnap is 'scared to leave home' | Daily Mail Online
BBM, Sounds like Clinical Depression.

Grandfather of man suspected of kidnapping Jayme Closs: ‘Nobody had any clues’

(ABC News) — The young man accused of abducting a 13-year-old Wisconsin girl, gunning down her parents and holding the child captive had been “a perfectly nice kid,” according to his grandfather.

“Nobody had any clues up until this thing happened,” Jim Moyer told ABC News Tuesday, days after his 21-year-old grandson, Jake Patterson, was arrested in the abduction of 13-year-old Jayme Closs.
[...]
Patterson’s maternal grandfather described the 21-year-old as a “nice boy, polite.”

Patterson was “shy and quiet,” Moyer said, and often “backed off from crowds.”

“Computer games were more of a priority than social interaction,” Moyer noted.
[...]
“Nobody will ever know what went on in his mind,” said Moyer,. “I can’t fathom anything in his life that could change him so drastically. It has to be some kind of a twist in the mindset.”

When Patterson’s mother called Moyer with the news, he said they were shocked, and hoped it was a case of mistaken identity.

“We are absolutely heartbroken,” Moyer said. “It’s wrenching to deal with.”

From the very first, this case felt nothing like the trafficking abductions I've been involved in. Despite an impressive community spirit, it gave an impression of hopelessness and very grave misgivings at every turn.
While I only know now, what everyone else has pored over for months, the strange approach from Barron's PD has had profiled posturing written all over it- what was shown was never for us but those unseen.
This debases what we believe; however we were bystanders who stood to interfere instead of assist, a risk LE wasn't willing to invest in. It's frightening to feel powerless in the face of such atrocious, wanton destruction, and all are right to wish higher refinement lest there ever be a 'next time'!

I've suspected that the most professional detectives involved here had a hard time shaking down this budding hybrid, and this case will go down in history as a learning example. This absolutely couldn't be done without careful examination of the girl's character at the heart of it all, as she operated as a blind inside agent alongside her captor.

There are so many violent persons on any given day at large, they may blend en masse into an ugly, amorphous apparition. What we couldn't recognize even if shown from the start, that could have brought a seething maniac hellbent on bending a child to it's whims, home again?
And for what we lost in feeling important or involved, how many lives have been saved here, playing things hard and close? 10? 100? Look into the faces of lost lives past and ask what would it take to bring them back.

RBBM

@tnith : Your perspective is interesting. Not sure what "those unseen" refers to, in the bolded verbiage above . . .

Last edited:
right there with you. He placed the shotgun on the sink for a moment. In my imagination they just ripped his face off in that moment. Not saying that would have been possible or that they could have done that, but it's a fantasy that makes me feel better.

I cannot imagine the horror Jayme experienced in those minutes inside her home that morning. That horror will never go away. She will be reminded of it everyday she lives. I only hope if there was anything else that occurred during her confinement, she can come to terms with it. But, until I know SA happened I'm not going to dwell on it. I KNOW she heard her father being murdered, and I KNOW she and her mother hid in a bathtub in a bathroom until a masked person dressed like a terrorist broke the door down after over 10 shoulder hits. He then taped her mouth, hands, and feet before shooting her mother in the head in front of her and dragging her thru the blood of both her parents to the confines of a car trunk. This is some serious crap that she will never get over. This alone is too much and I only hope it's all. To me this is the mountain.

(Slightly o/t but AH has been on the front of my mind during all of this, I hope she’s doing okay. I just came across this and wanted to post, shows the type of intimidation tactics these dirtbags are capable of:

“He told me that he had tripped the door so that if for any reason it was busted open the room would catch on fire … so if someone kicked open the door that I would quickly go up in flames.”

— Abigail Hernandez

Abigail Hernandez describes 2013 abduction, how she survived 9 months of captivity: report )

Last edited:
I think she was guided out of there that day - she's got a couple of protectors on her side.

I have seen this said on WS already but after hearing that 911 call...WOW. They got a great dispatcher, they all did a remarkable job, it's hard not to call every step of her escape a miracle. What are the chances she escaped, runs a couple hundred yards to tht social worker, who knocks at the door of a couple who are a teacher and former police officer and they call 911 & their dispatcher is superb. That was like following a guidebook for what to do in high stress, dangerous situations. The dispatcher anticipated every need and whomever gave her instruction really performed well too & had their team come together swiftly, that's a small town too. I'm more amazed after hearing that call, what could've been kids crying, screaming, dogs barking and adults all yammering at once was just....calm. Perfect!! It made me feel great to hear she was safe & calm not long after escaping. I'm still amazed by JC and everyone who helped her that day.

Right. And if they'd traced it to his sister, they would've seen that none of her immediate family lived close to Jayme, or worked there, and had no logical connection to the Closses. My guess, though, is that after seeing who the car was registered to in the first place, they would probably have moved on from it and gone on to the next person on the list.

Would a check flag that a person at that address had been arrested? What kind of info is in the DVM data base and what kind of programs do they have that sorts and correlates data? I have no clue but it seems like they should if they don’t

Don´t Mess With The Quiet One | wisemovement

Excerpt:
In fact, quiet people are often strong, creative, intuitive and brilliant. We shouldn’t assume that just because they are quiet they will put up with bad behavior either. Quiet people watch and listen and when they have all the information they need, they act. So watch out that you don’t upset the quiet one – you could be in for a shock.

This hilarious quote from Amy Efaw sums it up:

“Don’t judge me because I’m quiet. No one plans a murder out loud.”

LE should have announced it all over the media. Maybe perp would freak out and then kill Jayme.
Then sumzero and others would wonder why they announced the possible car perp drove.
Can we all live with this?
This all ended the best it could for how it all started. Let’s just be happy and quit critiquing LE.
Amen!!

They announced everything in the Hannah Anderson case, for instance.

The statistics are that most kids are killed within something like three hours.

Wisconsin man targeted 13-year-old after observing her boarding school bus: criminal complaint

“She’s 13 years old, and if you read the criminal complaint, you can see the amount of control that he was exerting over her,” Barron County District Attorney Brian Wright said. “And at some point, she found it within herself at 13 years old to say, ‘I’m going to get myself out of this situation.’ I think it’s incredible.

Patterson, 21, was charged Monday with two counts of intentional homicide, one count of kidnapping and one count of armed burglary. A judge set his bail at $5 million cash. Prosecutors say more charges could come later.

Douglas Co. Officials Explain Why Jayme Closs Response Took So Long
When local law enforcement got a 911 call that Jayme Closs had been found , multiple Douglas County Sheriff deputies were sent to the scene. However, from the time the call came in to them arriving took 30 minutes.

As for why the response took so long, Douglas County Sheriff Lieutenant Chris Hoyt told WDIO News, the first three responding deputies were working patrol at the time and available for calls.

The first time stamp from their AVL log was at 4:16 p.m.

One deputy was coming from County Hwy E in the Hawthorne Wisconsin area, 28 miles from the Kasinkas home. The responding time took 25 minutes.

Another deputy responded near lake Minnesuing on County Highway P, 29 miles away. His response time also 25 minutes.

The third responding deputy was 45 miles away in Superior. His response time was 29 minutes.

Two other deputies not working patrol assisted, one arriving on scene at 4:42 p.m. and the other at 4:53 p.m.

All were traveling over 100 miles per hour.

100 miles an hour where roads could be icy! Wow. Incredible.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/15/mom-o..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_3697324

“She is totally distraught,” said Michael Bogenschneider, who lives across the street from Jake Thomas Patterson’s remarried mom, school bus driver Deborah Frey, in the 285-person town of Haugen, Wisconsin.

In a chilling coincidence, Frey drives a bus for the local Rice Lake School District, other residents said.

Patterson, 21, confessed to authorities that he first spotted 13-year-old Jayme at her school bus stop — and immediately “knew that was the girl he was going to take,” according to court papers.

Maybe just the priests

I get your point about priests who have abused children, but not related to priests.

As I understand it, Jayme attended a Catholic church with Denise, and I hope she can go back with her Aunt Jennifer if she wants to, when she wants to.. I found prayer and worship in my faith to be extremely calming and helpful in my recovery from the trauma of abduction and being so scared.
I pray it will be a balm for her as well.

Prayers and blessings to Jayme tonight and always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro