Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And when he creeped out his gf with a stuffed dead dog head and stuffed roadkill collection... and his bad temper, she dumped him. He then slashed the gf's mother's tires.
That was when he was in the 9th grade.
Temper has been an issue for him for several years, it appears.
Thank God Jayme is now safe.

He had the preserved head of a dog and scared his former gf with it? Stuffed roadkill collection?
Wonder what Jake did in the basement on rainy afternoons and weekends when he was Jayme's age?

"Temper" may be only one superficial " issue".

It seems crazy to me that JP thought through so many details of the crime and yet his method of restraint was seriously sub par. Especially when leaving Jayme for long periods.

It's an oversight that we can be thankful for! But it's really bizarre in my opinion. Makes me wonder if he somehow thought that under the bed was "kinder" than a chain or something similar that would have proven more difficult to escape from.
I think it's definitely possible it could have been that. I just don't see that he was concerned about her comfort or being kind in any way. JMO

It also depends on how often she was kept under the bed to me. If it was only during times he was out of the home or when someone was over to the home, it does seem risky. Bizarre yes.

It seems crazy to me that JP thought through so many details of the crime and yet his method of restraint was seriously sub par. Especially when leaving Jayme for long periods.

It's an oversight that we can be thankful for! But it's really bizarre in my opinion. Makes me wonder if he somehow thought that under the bed was "kinder" than a chain or something similar that would have proven more difficult to escape from.
Honestly, I think he ordered her under his bed and shoved tote boxes and weights around it because it was easy. The guy is lazy.

jmo

Snipped by me...

FWIW, we don't actually know precisely went on during those 88 days. We have very little information. We know he was keeping her under the bed while he was gone and when people were over, but we don't know what he did during the interim. It's possible that he was doing some things that might have eventually laid the ground work for gaining her trust. Stockholm Syndrome doesn't happen overnight, it's usually gained by doling out tiny slivers of trust and controlled freedom at a time. Seemingly "kind" gestures mixed in with really horrible ones.
It wouldn't surprise me at all. We have heard very little, and know only of a few instances that he got mad at her. If he only made her go under the bed when he was gone, I wonder where she was the rest of the time. He may have controlled her with fear, but I guess I'm hoping there were times when he wasn't always as cruel. Imo

That senior class photo likely defines him more than any other I've seen to date. Anti-social. You can't make this stuff up.

I agree, the thing that gets me is that we all had that one loner/odd kid in all our graduating classes! Think hard I bet you can remember them. But what makes this one different from the ones that we knew, that is the million dollar question IMO

I don’t know, but I am not getting Stockholm Syndrome with Jayme at all. Not that I fully understood it, but she seems, IMO, to have had an opportunity and took it. She provided facts that helped LE catch him, fwiw and IMO.
Yes, but even her if he allowed her a little freedom, or gave her things like something to write in or allowed her to take a bath she still would have wanted to get away from him. It does not mean she would have wanted to stay with him, just because he may have treated her well once in awhile. Imo

I bet they knew the killer would check the news and low and behold, he sees
two vehicles of interest that don't match his.
But LE believed the killer could be driving one of those two vehicles. It wasn’t a game. The one vehicle they didn’t pursue in their investigation was the Taurus. Didn’t it cross their minds that the killer might be driving it? I would think so. But even though they had a pretty decent description of the car, they did nothing with it.

We know Stockholm Syndrome isn't a factor in this case. Nothing in that complaint suggests Jayme received one iota of "controlled freedom" or any kindness whatsoever from the man who shot her father in the face with a shotgun and blew her mother's head off in the bathtub.

We know JC said he became very angry and hit her in the back during those 88 days. He was shoving her under the bed for hours and threatening her. I don't believe he had any intention of being nice to her EVER and it was likely he intended to kill her when he tired of his game of fantasy and control.

JMO

This is a good post in the sense that we must keep in mind that we really dont know how many times Patterson hit, or torchered Jayme. We need to keep an open thought to the fact that the criminal complaint is very likely just a tiny fraction of what has transpired during the past 88-days.

That senior class photo likely defines him more than any other I've seen to date. Anti-social. You can't make this stuff up.
Was he anti social though if he had friends coming in and out of the house where he held Jayme captive? And who were those people that went there? Did he have parties there seeing as he had that house to himself?

He’d have no reason to do that. Who is she going to tell?
I can think of a couple of reasons:
1) so she will be more hopeless because she thinks she is further away from home. Remember that she didn't even know she was still in Wisconsin when she rescued herself
2) I really doubt it, but maybe he planned to let her go eventually and she wouldn't be able to give true distance to his house to cops.

This is a good post in the sense that we must keep in mind, that we really dont know how many times Patterson hit, or torchered Jayme. We need to keep an open thought to the fact that the criminal complaint is very likely just a tiny fraction of what has transpired during the past 88-days.
I thought the report about her wellbeing was that she was unkempt and malnourished but no other injuries?

I agree, the thing that gets me is that we all had that one loner/odd kid in all our graduating classes! Think hard I bet you can remember them. But what makes this one different from the ones that we knew, that is the million dollar question IMO

I went to a private parochial school, and if anyone was ever not a good person, I don't know about it. High academic and social activity standards were set for us, with multiple sports after school and on Saturdays, and all summer long.
No one in my class has been a murderer or abductor of a young girl.

I can't " excuse" his off the wall " stuff" by saying " There's one in every crowd" because I don't think he's been " normal" for years and also, I grew up in a much different time in history and a much different type of school. Our teachers did not allow anyone to slump in their seats during class, even.

JMO
My goodness. It does not take a Psychology degree to diagnose him with some sort of anti-social personality when the entire class is standing and taking a group photo and he chooses to sit down in the back by himself with his face in a book.

Wow. There are signs and then there are red flag type signs.

Jayme Closs' kidnapper is branded a '' by his 'first and last' girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

Was he anti social though if he had friends coming in and out of the house where he held Jayme captive? And who were those people that went there? Did he have parties there seeing as he had that house to himself?
The article with the ex-gf said they hung out at the cabin. And there is the photo of him horsing around on the car outside the cabin.

I'm wondering if he had some friends at the house because of older brother's drug biz? Speculation, brainstorming only, not fact.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members