Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article states the Saratoga Liquor Co said, "...his lack of required experience would have stopped the company from hiring him..." JC suspect reportedly applied for job, labeled himself an ‘honest guy,’ the day teen escaped

So at 21, he was not qualified to work nights at a Liquor Co in Superior WI, a town population 26k.
Nighttime job in a warehouse - likely a stocking type job. Pretty pathetic. But so, too, was that resume. Ya had to love the "honest guy" part and then he lied about his jobs. Oh, and the "hardworking" part - yes, he worked super hard to keep Jayme happy, well fed, clean, and comfortable, didn't he?

Last edited:
Oops, it looks like I accidently left half-formed thought about Elizabeth Smart in my earlier post. Thank you for ignoring it!

I'm assuming that her class is small and close, and kids won't bully her Oy, I never even thought of that :( Parents will need to get involved and counsel their kids as well.
I’d be more worried about her being smothered with attention, as opposed to bullying (I don’t see that happening).

It’s the well-intentioned people that could potentially cause the most harm.

Oops, it looks like I accidently left half-formed thought about Elizabeth Smart in my earlier post. Thank you for ignoring it!

I'm assuming that her class is small and close, and kids won't bully her Oy, I never even thought of that :( Parents will need to get involved and counsel their kids as well. It's going to take the whole village.

The parents need to tell their kids to treat her like before and not ask probing questions. And to not bully or allow her to be bullied or there will be swift consequences.

How Jayme Closs' School District Is Preparing for Her Return: ‘There’s No Manual For This’

Diane Tremblay plans to talk to every student in the school district before Jayme Closs returns to school.

I have a feeling kids aren’t going to know what to say,” Tremblay, superintendent of the Barron Area School District tells PEOPLE. “Kids are kids. There are things that probably shouldn’t be said. We probably need to tell them that.”

Nice!! That's a great approach.

How Jayme Closs' School District Is Preparing for Her Return: ‘There’s No Manual For This’

Diane Tremblay plans to talk to every student in the school district before Jayme Closs returns to school.

I have a feeling kids aren’t going to know what to say,” Tremblay, superintendent of the Barron Area School District tells PEOPLE. “Kids are kids. There are things that probably shouldn’t be said. We probably need to tell them that.”

I really hope the other teens will be kind and not make any comments or ask Jayme any questions about what happened when she returns.

Maybe something's wrong with me but it's a tiny bit odd to me. I would feel super protective of Jayme if I was her family. I hope he doesn't expect to meet her.

Why not just send the items with a nice, encouraging note?

Sorry for being cynical, guys. He's probably a sweetheart with the best of intentions.

No, you're not the only cynical one. It seems creepy to me, and a little too close.

I really hope the other teens will be kind and not make any comments or ask Jayme any questions about what happened when she returns.
I really think the majority will. There is much more public awareness of traumatic events playing out with mass shooting at schools and events, natural disasters, terrorist acts etc. that these generations have been exposed to and talking about. It's sad to experience them , but it's great that there's more willingness to openly talk about it and express their feelings. IMO

I have a Navy Seal client with intense PTSD who underwent that therapy. It messed him up badly. A couple years to recover from the therapy itself. I've heard it can be effective but it depends on the therapist. I don't know.
Interesting. I have heard there are very mixed opinions about its effectiveness.

Because the first statement "I did it". was apparently a spontaneous admission stated when they pulled him over, before asking him any Miranda-type warning questions.

The further confession once in custody was recorded and given AFTER Miranda warnings had been issued.

Pages 5 and 7 of the complaint: Jayme Closs kidnapping: Here is the criminal complaint against defendant Jake Patterson - CNN

That means they;re admissible.

That means that a judge will consider whether the excited utterances and later statement are admissible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove