Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought of this but in knowing the area, etc., I feel it is unlikely. Unless for some reason they had a protocol that a child should not cross Highway 8 or she should not. Otherwise, it just would make more sense she would be one of the last stops of a rural bus on its way back into Barron. Not a fact but to me just more likely but what you say is entirely possible.

I feel certain the district would not want Jayme crossing the street. Even if the district were to permit that, her parents would probably call and insist that the bus stop on the way west rather than pass their house and pick her up on the way back on the opposite side of the street. I've made that call myself, and the bus drivers/district are more than happy to make adjustments, especially for safety concerns.

The time factor is curious. MS starts at 8a in Barron, cheese shift at 6. The Barron School District bus schedule could be determined by several factors- # schools served, start times of those schools (staggered or not), # busses owned by district, position of Jayme’s stop along the route, etc.

When my daughter was in MS, she was the first kid on & last kid off. During one semester of 7th grade, she rode the bus 3.5 hours each day, 1 hr 45 mins am, ditto pm. It was ridiculous.

As far as the direction goes, it is possible that Jayme would be picked up on a bus travelling west, even though Barron MS is east. Routes are often designed to eliminate the need for a student to have to cross a street to get on the bus- even if that means driving around in repetitive, silly loops on a way-too-long route to go a relatively short distance.

When my daughter rode her marathon route, her bus travelled north to go south. The most northern students should have been picked up first. But nooooooo. Mid-county students first, then north county, then south county near campus.

We are trying to make sense out of times & directions, without having the information needed to make sense out of it. Just say’n.

Does anyone know with certainty on jake closs cell phone. Stunning he didn’t have burner or some phone... just a landline..??

Just watched Nancy Grace from Dr. Oz yesterday.
Nothing new. It's so crazy, Any one of us could have done this interview.
Sorry, but wth- Dr. Oz is now doing crime reporting? What? Are fruits, vegetables, the blue zone & the mediterranean diet no longer lucrative topics? Now he has to cash in on a kidnapped kid as if there’s not enough MSM reporting? Excuse me, pardon me, finger down throat. Gag reflex engaged. EYES ROLLING.

I’ll be quiet now.

I noticed thru scanning daytime tv that Dr. Oz does now do a crime show. I thought it was every Tuesday but guess I was wrong. It's the only time I watch if it's a crime I'm following. My guide is showing me today is the smiley face killer/s. I did watch yesterday and there was nothing we didn't already know.

Apparently, on one day of the Christmas holiday, JTP hosted family at Gordon. Apologies if this was already posted. How clueless was this family? This is getting pretty hard to believe. New article, to my knowledge anyhow:

Suspect Jake Thomas Patterson hosted a Christmas gathering while Jayme Closs was imprisoned in the same house, sources say

I can’t imagine the emotional pain that Jayme was in during the Christmas holidays. Imagine lying in a confined space playing the old home movies over and over in your head? Poor girl.

The time factor is curious. MS starts at 8a in Barron, cheese shift at 6. The Barron School District bus schedule could be determined by several factors- # schools served, start times of those schools (staggered or not), # busses owned by district, position of Jayme’s stop along the route, etc.

When my daughter was in MS, she was the first kid on & last kid off. During one semester of 7th grade, she rode the bus 3.5 hours each day, 1 hr 45 mins am, ditto pm. It was ridiculous.

As far as the direction goes, it is possible that Jayme would be picked up on a bus travelling west, even though Barron MS is east. Routes are often designed to eliminate the need for a student to have to cross a street to get on the bus- even if that means driving around in repetitive, silly loops on a way-too-long route to go a relatively short distance.

When my daughter rode her marathon route, her bus travelled north to go south. The most northern students should have been picked up first. But nooooooo. Mid-county students first, then north county, then south county near campus.

We are trying to make sense out of times & directions, without having the information needed to make sense out of it. Just say’n.

I do wonder about this too as the other previous poster mentioned who mapped it, it could very well be. Highway 8 is extremely busy at that time of day and maybe in this day and age they do not want a child crossing the highway, it very well could be.

I know of ridiculous bus routes too when a rural school especially where you can live a few miles away and yet you are almost home and they turn on a road by your house and you are 1/4 mile from your house but then go another ten stops and roads. I went through that in early grade school, I could see our house and was so ready to get home but then we would turn on a road just before it, go down several others and more stops and come around back to ours finally. So tired by the time I got home. So it is very feasible. They are only about a mile out though and other roads are past their home if I recall correctly. Yet again, maybe in no way do they want a child crossing the highway, hard to say.

Either way, it would not have fit a 6 a.m. Saputo start but again maybe his first day or at all was he required to be there at 6, we do not know that either.

Since we have so little, just trying to make sense of it and we try to puzzle what we have to fit together, or at least I do. It is frustrating to have no facts. We have the word of an admitted killer that is where he saw her and when. Well, I do not trust that automatically although his route to work would admittedly take him past her house.

Then, in the first flush of flurried news reports after she escaped, a few reported he saw her getting on the bus and then one reported he saw her getting off the bus. Really difficult to trust our media these days either or trust they double check sources, facts and if they use one wrong word it can change the entire picture. The entire scenario comes from JTP and admitted murderer and known liar, so when the times and facts seem maybe not to fit, it makes me go hmmm...

All of the points though about buses, their crazy routes and the length of time on them I agree with. That is entirely possible to explain him being behind the bus. Still seems odd to me as she is only one mile out but it could be.

I can’t imagine the emotional pain that Jayme was in during the Christmas holidays. Imagine lying in a confined space playing the old home movies over and over in your head? Poor girl.

I think there was a report early on that she said she did not even know Christmas was passed. So I wonder if maybe he had them over but never told her it was Christmas? I guess that would make him a teensy bit less cruel than if he rubbed it in her face. He claimed he played a radio but my guess is maybe it was looped music, a stereo, ipad or something? Otherwise she would possibly get a sense of what date it is at times anyhow with newscasts, Christmas music, New Year's announcements, etc. So many unknowns.

The 6:00am start time does not work no matter which way the bus goes, I agree. But I don't think he ever said that, I think it was inferred from the standard shifts at the plant. He may have been on some other schedule, or in training/orientation. It seems more likely he was behind the bus after 7:00, so maybe they had him coming in at 7:30 for the first few days, or something like that.

I feel certain the district would not want Jayme crossing the street. Even if the district were to permit that, her parents would probably call and insist that the bus stop on the way west rather than pass their house and pick her up on the way back on the opposite side of the street. I've made that call myself, and the bus drivers/district are more than happy to make adjustments, especially for safety concerns.

I am beginning to think that is quite possible. Between liability and child safety and maniac drivers, it makes sense these days. So I definitely can see that as likely.

So to go by that theory now though, and no knowing where he was in line behind the bus (would be more than a few at that hour of the morning probably, it is a major work commute highway and semi trucks, etc.), he saw her for a fleeting second or five considering tree cover before she disappeared onto the bus and it could have been from him one car behind or eight cars behind at a distance. So then we have a very snap decision that she was the one on a very likely fleeting first time and only ever glimpse of her.

I actually figured they got it wrong because it makes more sense to me that she crossed in front of him, possibly nervous, shy, head down, taught to look both ways and did and maybe did a shy awkward smile at his car if he was stopped in the lane she had to cross and that is when he decided she was shy, etc. and the one.

So I remain I guess, as always, open to the possibilities of either. I wonder if we will ever know. Or what time it was and when he was to be at work.

The 6:00am start time does not work no matter which way the bus goes, I agree. But I don't think he ever said that, I think it was inferred from the standard shifts at the plant. He may have been on some other schedule, or in training/orientation. It seems more likely he was behind the bus after 7:00, so maybe they had him coming in at 7:30 for the first few days, or something like that.

That could very well be as well. I think the could be and does this make sense is what we have to look at and wonder about or nothing much exists to talk about at times which is what I am doing. I also think even if the truth, he probably has more than a few omissions and there is more to this.

Yet I agree with you on everything you have said, all of it could very well be correct, the bus, the fact he was not on a standard shift time, etc. It makes total sense too. It is just something to wonder about and check out which is what has been done, like looking at shift hours, school hours, etc.

I think there was a report early on that she said she did not even know Christmas was passed. So I wonder if maybe he had them over but never told her it was Christmas? I guess that would make him a teensy bit less cruel than if he rubbed it in her face. He claimed he played a radio but my guess is maybe it was looped music, a stereo, ipad or something? Otherwise she would possibly get a sense of what date it is at times anyhow with newscasts, Christmas music, New Year's announcements, etc. So many unknowns.

I wonder in what state of alertness she was kept. there are a number of things he could have done to alter her alertness.

When his family thinks back on the Christmas gathering, I wonder if they noticed a difference in his demeanor. Maybe not at the time but in retrospect. More jovial or more into celebrating, more nervous, not listening or distracted. Poor Jayme. I have wondered if he drugged her to ensure compliance such as forcing her to take Benadryl, smoke weed, etc. Such a soulless human being dishing out cruelty to a precious child. Heartbreaking. Stay strong sweet Jayme. We are all praying for your healing.

I am beginning to think that is quite possible. Between liability and child safety and maniac drivers, it makes sense these days. So I definitely can see that as likely.

So to go by that theory now though, and no knowing where he was in line behind the bus (would be more than a few at that hour of the morning probably, it is a major work commute highway and semi trucks, etc.), he saw her for a fleeting second or five considering tree cover before she disappeared onto the bus and it could have been from him one car behind or eight cars behind at a distance. So then we have a very snap decision that she was the one on a very likely fleeting first time and only ever glimpse of her.

I actually figured they got it wrong because it makes more sense to me that she crossed in front of him, possibly nervous, shy, head down, taught to look both ways and did and maybe did a shy awkward smile at his car if he was stopped in the lane she had to cross and that is when he decided she was shy, etc. and the one.

So I remain I guess, as always, open to the possibilities of either. I wonder if we will ever know. Or what time it was and when he was to be at work.

Given the tree cover in front of the house, I pictured him being first in line behind the bus, but maybe not. And maybe she was standing at the end of the driveway waiting. That would give him a little more time to see her. In any case, it would have been quick, and something inside of him sprung into action. So creepy.

I wonder in what state of alertness she was kept. there are a number of things he could have done to alter her alertness.

Very good point. There is much we do not know. I try really hard but forget at times to look at what we don't know, what hasn't been said. lol of course there is no way to know what we don't kow. Yet it is generally the big things that do not have to be shared yet which are the ones I think are standardly held back as long as possible.

Could he have just been following a school bus to look at young girls?

Given the tree cover in front of the house, I pictured him being first in line behind the bus, but maybe not. And maybe she was standing at the end of the driveway waiting. That would give him a little more time to see her. In any case, it would have been quick, and something inside of him sprung into action. So creepy.
Possible she sat at the back of the bus?

Yes, if she was at the end of the driveway waiting and he was behind the bus for a bit of time, it would slow, take a few seconds with lights and stop sign, etc., all while he could possibly see her. I have been in my lifetime both shy and awkward and later in life the opposite. With shy and awkward, IF she was, one feels on the spot even in front of a bus and other kids on it and getting onto one, like everyone is watching. In most situations, at family gatherings, at a store, in the hallway at school, getting on a bus. Just speculating, he could have still had time to notice that and it is what caught his attention, or just she had a certain type of look. As you said, so very creepy agreed, whatever his reason.

Could he have just been following a school bus to look at young girls?

I have wondered about that too quite honestly. Did he ever ride along on mom's even? Just conjecture. Was there something to a bus thing with him?

I have wondered if he has followed buses before, why would he offer that up if not asked? I don't think he would. If he is telling the truth, on this day he was on his way to work but he could have followed the bus before or a bus before, hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18