AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been a search in a missing person case where 2,000 searchers were requested? I don't recall one. Maybe a couple where that many searchers showed up but not because that many were requested. That's crazy. It sounds like they are searching the area behind the house, so I guess they need that many. Glad they are finally searching there.

I'm trying to remember if the other similar cases did the funerals without the missing person recovered. The only one I recall for sure was H.A. in California. I know that funeral was after she was found. It makes me sad that Jayme will miss her parents funeral.

Sorry, didn't catch up before posting. I can't or the thread is closed for the night. :(
The number of searchers they have requested, is an absolutely staggering number. It may not be unprecedented, but it’s highly unusual, more so with a town of this size.

What’s amazing, is that I get the feeling that they will actually hit their mark here.

As for the funerals, I do think they’ll do something now, and perhaps another service when/if they recover Jayme.

We’re all hoping that’s not the case though.

I try to be respectful, lost my brother to a heroin addiction. I know drugs can destroy families and make people do unthinkable things. There are functioning addicts who hold down jobs and work to support their habbits. Then their are ones who resort to crime, but to commit double murder and kidnap a 13 year old. Usually it isn't that type of crime.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine what it is like, losing someone in your family to heroin.

The thing about those cars is that they wouldn't be all of that common in a regional rural area (even the Ford Edge), so one would think that a simple DMV search has already been done and that those car types/colors and their owners have already been identified. It is also more probable than not that they have already narrowed that list down to specific suspects.

I feel like they could've released the information about those cars not to seek and find out identifying information, but rather to obtain corroborating information. I just get the vibe that this investigation is much further along than they are letting us in on.

JMO.

I wonder about that too, that the suspect came on foot through the fields/woods around the house, and exited that way as well, hence the call for 2000 searchers. It’s a lot of territory to cover.

I do wonder, though, thinking “on the other hand” about the amount of danger involved, if she is still alive out there and with the abductor. I don’t think anyone would advise a community of search volunteers (if they are actually looking for her being held up in a campsite in the the area the helicopter was triangulating and developing search grids).

There may be some evidence that where these two cars were seen required the perp to walk across the area being mapped. That may be why the cars are important.

In the end, it makes me think they either have a good lead, or some profiling advice, to need the help of so many volunteers and they are searching for evidence or a body, not Jayme alive and/or her abductor. Thoughts only, and my opinion.

How easy would those woods be to walk through at night?

I’m sorry for your loss, Slowmotion.

Sadly, I had a sibling who struggled with meth addiction. Now deceased. Wonderful person otherwise. Still stole everything worth selling. Scary, scary what they are capable of while in the throes of their addiction. Not all methheads are murderers, tho, let’s be clear. There are no absolutes as far as that goes. But a murderous meth addict would be a scary thing to encounter, especially while on it.

We also don’t know if the murderers are meth heads. We’re only deducing (and yes, speculating, theorizing) because of the area and its high meth use. So please, no one take anything personally.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for your loss, Slowmotion.

Sadly, I had a sibling who struggled with meth addiction. Now deceased. Wonderful person otherwise. Still stole everything worth selling. Scary, scary what they are capable of while in the throes of their addiction. Not all methheads are murderers, tho, let’s be clear. There are no absolutes as far as that goes. But a murderous meth addict would be a scary thing to encounter, especially while on it.

We also don’t know if the murderers are meth heads. We’re only deducing (and yes, speculating, theorizing) because of the area and it’s high meth use. So please, no one take anything personally.
Very well said, I appreciate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member