AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize we know almost nothing about the gun(s) used in this awful crime, nor do we know if/what firearms were already in the Closs home. But if JC DID own guns, and there were none found as LE has stated, I would think that would be publicized so that pawn shops and gun dealers could be on the lookout for those particular weapons should they come upon then. I know nothing about guns though so I could be barking up the wrong tree.

I see 2 possibilities of the door being kicked in.

1. The perpetrators did it. Possibly while intoxicated but either way they wanted to make their arrival known and cause fear to the occupants. Obviously not worried about being heard or attracting attention.

2. Door kicked in by Dad on arrival as somewhen he

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I try to be respectful, lost my brother to a heroin addiction. I know drugs can destroy families and make people do unthinkable things. There are functioning addicts who hold down jobs and work to support their habbits. Then their are ones who resort to crime, but to commit double murder and kidnap a 13 year old. Usually it isn't that type of crime.

I am truly sorry for your loss, Slowmotion. Thank you for sharing with us. It helps to understand ones viewpoint in a much different light.

My theory is the shots heard by the neighbor — two of them — were from outside or near the front door as the perpetrator or perpetrators were breaking in. These may have been more audible, being outside vs inside the house, and more shots fired later inside killed Denise.

That was my thinking too. The neighbor may have had a tv on, or fallen asleep and not heard subsequent shots inside the home.

Here are some youtube videos on the Dodge Challenger exhaust/backfire:

BACKFIRE BATTLE: Lamborghini vs Dodge Challenger
Dodge chalenger [sic] loud exhaust and backfire compilation 2017

Sounds nothing close to a gunshot. I’ve hunt
Ed moose in Alaska, deer in Michigan, and fired to scare bears more times than I can count. I spent a lot of time around firearms.

I see 2 possibilities of the door being kicked in.

1. The perpetrators did it. Possibly while intoxicated but either way they wanted to make their arrival known and cause fear to the occupants. Obviously not worried about being heard or attracting attention.

2. Door kicked in by Dad on arrival as somewhen he

I think it's been confirmed that the dad was home and inside.

My theory is the shots heard by the neighbor — two of them — were from outside or near the front door as the perpetrator or perpetrators were breaking in. These may have been more audible, being outside vs inside the house, and more shots fired later inside killed Denise.
This sounds quite plausible to me, as I have always been skeptical about there only being two gunshots.

I know I'm new here but is there a logical reason that threads are closed on the bedtime schedule of mods?
Hi Shade13- It's not necessarily the bedtime schedule, it's when we are available. Threads like this that are very active require more attentive moderation because they are prone to rumors, off-topic tangents, or tensions can be high if the same topics are hashed over and over again. We close the threads when we know we will not be able to moderate them adequately.

Interesting theory but unfortunately there is absolutely no evidence or even any indication that this might have been what happened. Might be a good script for a movie, though.
A (bad) Lifetime movie maybe. I don't buy it for a second, and not just because there is zero evidence of anything like that going on.

Wow, this is such a good point about the DMV search. Does make you wonder if the search came up empty and we're dealing without someone from outside the area OR whether they are trying to put pressure on someone already in their sights. In my own humble opinion, this case has the makings of a targeted crime and could therefore just as easily be an outsider trolling for victims as it could be a local offender. Nothing like this has happened before in the area and this crime was bold. It makes you wonder how this could be a first offense. In my mind, it seems more likely that it's a known offender from outside the area. But that's just wild speculation on my part.

True. An outside-the-area offender would make it more difficult to identify a vehicle/owner combination because it expands the query. Likewise, that LE said something along the lines of "seen in the last 2 weeks" was a bit odd and could suggest some new folks in town of late.

Having said this, the likelihood of 2 cars being responsible for a crime like this AND being outside of the general area is pretty small in my view.

JMO.

I know I'm new here but is there a logical reason that threads are closed on the bedtime schedule of mods?
The mods have to watch this thread extra close since it moves so fast, and there have been a ton of rumors and links that are against TOS. So instead of having to go back and sift through the nightmare in the morning, they close it up and get some shut eye.

Hi Shade13- It's not necessarily the bedtime schedule, it's when we are available. Threads like this that are very active require more attentive moderation because they are prone to rumors, off-topic tangents, or tensions can be high if the same topics are hashed over and over again. We close the threads when we know we will not be able to moderate them adequately.

Ok, that makes sense. I just thought it's easier for someone like me who works night shift or people on the west coast. Plus you probably miss a lot of night traffic. But you gotta make do with what you got and I understand that. This story has brought a lot of us here. Tugs the heart strings I guess.

Hey everyone- Not sure if anyone is interested (I can't reveal my source) but here are some the notes of someone who was at the town hall and what they heard the sheriff tell the town:

Community Meeting: WITC Oct. 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Call in anything even if you think it’s not significant!
If you hear a knock at your door and it bothers you to answer call them they will come out and check it out.
Search your property!
If you see a McDonald’s bag with a half eaten cheeseburger call it in and don’t touch it.
If you believe you saw her call the tip line!
Get to know your neighbors!
Do what you think you need to do to feel safe at night!
Watch out for your kids as well as others!
He wants all tips called in even if you are in another state and hear something ask that person did you call the Tip Line?
If you see things that don’t belong or if it appears someone has been on your property Camping Out or Whatever- Call the Tip Line!
If you find a scarf, you know that it is not yours don’t touch it- Call it in!
It could have just blown in onto your property but they will send a Team out and let them figure it out!

LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND THE FAMILY ALONE!

Please continue to call in tips to the tip line 24 hours a day at 1-855-744-3879.

Again the Missing and Endangered Juvenile is Jayme Closs, age 13, 5 feet tall, 100 Pounds, Green Eyes and Blond or Strawberry Hair.

I think it's been confirmed that the dad was home and inside.
I disagree on point 1. What I think happened: perp or perps go to the front door, knock or ring doorbell. DAd goes to investigate. Opens door partially or fully, then as he is trying to close it again, it’s “kicked in.” I just don’t see it being kicked in in the true sense of the phrase. Why? Seems strangely and unnecessarily difficult when they could possibly get in other ways, like thru a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler