AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me again - again, please, if I'm not doing this the right way, please feel free to say. Advice welcome.

I'd like to preface my next point with a message of condolence to all who know and love Jayme and her parents. I appreciate that there is a tremendous amount of heartache and worry surrounding this case and my heart goes out to all those who have been affected.
I'd also like to join so many of you who have commended the work of LE. I am in awe of how quickly they responded and how they have been managing information. It may be frustrating for those (some of us, even) who want as much information as possible, and are so desperate for positive news, that we get frustrated. Some members of the public see this as being synonymous with no progress - but we know that's not the case, and that competent LE won't compromise a case by giving too much information away. We folks here have probably witnessed that happening at some time during our lives.
Barron LE has been awesome in how they are handling this heinous crime and the Sheriff, in my opinion, has been the epitome of professionalism, compassion and engaging with the public. What an amazing community Barron has too. I'm full of respect and admiration for all of them.

I know many are getting frustrated by the lack of specific details that the sheriff is not releasing at this time. My question is this - if you could know one detail of the event that which the sheriff knows the answer to what would that be? Details such as was Denise in the bathroom, whose phone made the 911 call, do you have Jayme's phone or was James in the house answering the door when he was shot or was he entering the house from the outside when he was shot. These are examples of what the sheriff would certainly know. Me - I would like to know if James was in the house answering the door or outside coming in when he was shot. Just trying to see how the more experienced sleuths think and their reasoning. Your thoughts...

I guess I would want to know about forensics or lab tech stuff. Fingerprints, etc.

This time of night it gets very hard for me to think about what it must have been like for them to go through this. Dark, chaos, noise, fear, gun fire, brutality, Jayme possibly seeing both parents murdered, Mom feeling her life ebbing away and knowing she hasn't saved her daughter. At what point did James realized what was happening? Was Jayme trying to help her mother? So terrifying for all of them. So sad.

LE might have caught the vehicles of interest on cameras twice. Once before the 9-11 and once post 9-11. This would narrow their timeline and confirm or discount the neighbor (IF either vehicle was even involved). I also think it’s possible LE passed the offenders on the road while going to the 9-11 and have that footage.

For no other reason than noisy sleuther, I want to know about the vehicles and what time they were caught on film and where.
Help me out....what's "9-11"??

Edited to add: DUH! You mean the 911 calls. I didn't recognize it with the hyphen. Sorry for that duh-moment! :)

The FBI is offering a $25000 reward for information leading directly to the location of Jayme Closs.

JAYME CLOSS — FBI

Jumping off your post from yesterday’s thread, I happened to check JLC's page again on the FBI Missing Persons page just now, and the previously displayed $25,000 reward seems to no longer be visible.

It could be a technical issue, or perhaps the reward had been added to the page in error and was subsequently removed, but wanted to share this observation nonetheless. Jmo

JAYME CLOSS — FBI

I know many are getting frustrated by the lack of specific details that the sheriff is not releasing at this time. My question is this - if you could know one detail of the event that which the sheriff knows the answer to what would that be? Details such as was Denise in the bathroom, whose phone made the 911 call, do you have Jayme's phone or was James in the house answering the door when he was shot or was he entering the house from the outside when he was shot. These are examples of what the sheriff would certainly know. Me - I would like to know if James was in the house answering the door or outside coming in when he was shot. Just trying to see how the more experienced sleuths think and their reasoning. Your thoughts...
I would want to hear the 911 call including anything they learned from sound enhancements/filtering.

My thinking is exactly the same. This all makes a lot more sense, if that 20 plus minute gap, doesn’t exist.

I don’t think it was intentional, just an error on their part.

Regardless, I think it’s more likely that the neighbors didn’t hear all the shots.
Well which one? Time was wrong or didn’t hear all the shots? Both?

There are a ton of good theories posted on these boards, but we may be going about it all wrong. It seems that everyone is trying to apply good logic to the case, but trying to apply logic to something as illogical as killing a family and taking a 13 year old is probably just going to cause us a lot of stress and headaches.
I think that may be the driving force in some of the hostile posts on the board. Please remember we all want to find Jayme and get her home safe.
Personally, when things really don't make sense I tend to think this might be driven by mental illness. Delusions and command hallucinations often don't make logical sense, but they can be compelling enough that the offender feels they must obey them. If Jayme's abductor is captured alive I would not be overly surprised to find something like this being a driving force. Or I could be way off, but I really didn't see anyone mentioning this.

Jumping off your post from yesterday’s thread, I happened to check JLC's page again on the FBI Missing Persons page just now, and the previously displayed $25,000 reward seems to no longer be visible.

It could be a technical issue, or perhaps the reward had been added to the page in error and was subsequently removed, but wanted to share this observation nonetheless. Jmo

JAYME CLOSS — FBI

Good catch. It was there, for sure. Someone asked about a reward on the fbi twitter post last night and I replied with the link after double checking it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88