AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a couple fb posts this morning saying two vehicles of interest but I thought it was three yesterday?

LE is looking for 2 vehicles of interest that were captured on surveillance; a red/orange 2008-2014 Dodge Challenger, and a second vehicle, which they believe to be black in color, but they are uncertain of the make/model.

While LE has shared uncertainty of the make/model of the black vehicle of interest, they were able to narrow it down to likely being either a 2006-2010 Ford Edge, or a 2004-2010 Acura MDX. This brings the total vehicles of interest to 3. Although they are really only looking for two vehicles.

From the article below (bbm):
Authorities are looking for two vehicles of interest that may be related to the Jayme Closs investigation.

Cameras captured surveillance video of two vehicles that were in the area around the time of the shooting at the Closs home in Barron, Wisconsin last week. Jayme Closs, 13, has been missing for a week. Her parents were found dead in their home.

One vehicle is believed to be a red or orange 2008 to 2014 Dodge Challenger. Investigators are uncertain of the make and model of the second vehicle. They believe the other vehicle could be a black 2006 to 2010 Ford Edge or a black 2004 to 2010 Acura MDX.
Two vehicles of interest in Jayme Closs investigation

I am curious what parents might do if they were in the situation that jaymes’ parents were in - something made dad go to the front door late at night - he’s shot and mom and Jayme hear this? What did they do? LE hasn’t given any information about the inside of the house (or anything found outside) why no details ? I think I would grab my child and run to a back entrance - away from the gunshot? Hard to say as I’ve never been in that situation But knowing where DC was found may be a clue they just aren’t willing to share IMO
I think the first thing the mom would do is go to the child. I do not think she was hiding in the bathroom unless she had Jayme with her. A mom's instinct is to protect her child, even if that means getting in the line of bullets, imo.

Thank you for this.. gives me questions about the phones .. it has Denise listed number and the 911 call came from another number on that page where dispatch wrote report and that’s not listed or is it just blacked out on the front page.. did anyone notice that as well?
The number they have listed for Denise on the front page is the same number they have on the bottom of page 3. I must not be seeing it?

I am curious on how the door was kicked in. There is the ouside glass door and then the exterior wooden door which is covered by the exterior glass door.

How would one hold open the glass door and get enough momentum to kick in the solid wooden door? The door itself was broken . Not the frame. A wooden door that looks about

Why did they tie her up? What did they want?

Hi there Human.

I really dont know but the perp could have easily used the equipment on the glass storm door to keep it in the open wide position.

They could have done that even before James came to the door.

I dont know how theirs worked but we have heavy thick solid glass storm doors and if we want the storm door to stay wide open we simply step on the pressurized piston lock located at the bottom and it locks the door into an open position until we disengage it by stepping on it again. .

I think if she was the target they would bind her up first and then tell her why they were there and going to kill her. Imo though.

I just checked the Barron Sheriff fb page. They have not indicated any changes. No updates or edits. As of now, I would assume it's still of interest until the Sheriff states otherwise.
d

Thank you so much. I live a few states away from Wisconsin, and two days ago a car identical to the Challenger showed up in my neighborhood, parked on the street. Does not have WI license plate. Trying to decide whether or not to snap photo and send to LEO.

If you go to the actual map website and double click on the house I cirled in red, you will see a pop-up showing that the property is owned by Thomas A. and Joan M. Smrekar.
I believe you may have misread my description of the original map.

The whole Closs property is highlighted in orange.

The Smrekar's house is circled in red.

Ah. To me , the Closs area is yellow and the S house is orange.

I go back and forth on the multiple killer theory... i like it because you have to be pretty confident to enter a home that has multiple vehicles in the driveway, ie you’re outnumbered, in rural Wisconsin, where damn near everyone has firearms especially for hunting, all on your lonesome.
Unless you know what you’re walking into and you are familiar with the house and it’s inhabitants.
It makes sense also on how the killer/s could know that they can keep the situation under control, bc it’s easier to manage the outcome they intended.
I don’t like the multiple killer theory in that there are v few criminal duos that don’t spill the beans or leave any clues whatsoever. More people involved makes it harder to keep it quiet.

Back to the 2 shots, I’d love to know the weapon involved. If it was a shotgun maybe the killer used a double barrel shotgun and thusly only had 2 rounds preloaded expecting the dad to be at work. It would explain why Jayme was taken.

Question about guns - if the theory is that dad answered the door and someone shot him right there in the doorway, how close did they have to be to him? How much blood is the person at the door covered in now from a close range blast with a high powered gun? And yet, we saw NO blood on the glass storm door taken away by police. None. Why not? If perp got up that close to shoot dad right there in the doorway, why is there NO blood on the storm door? Shouldn't there be quite a bit of it?

Hello, everyone!

I somehow only heard about this case yesterday, and I've been pouring over as much information as I can, but I am still left with a few questions that I'm wondering if anyone here can answer:

1. Was the door already "kicked in" when LE arrived, or did LE kick the door in?
2. Did James Closs (father) "answer the door," as in, was alert and met the officers at the door? Or, was he discovered (devastatingly) lying in the entryway vicinity unconscious/deceased when LE arrived?
3. How many 911 calls were made from Denise's phone to dispatch? It sounds to me like the caller only called 911 once, the call disconnected, and from there, dispatch initiated all subsequent attempts to reconnect.
4. Why was the initial call disconnected? Did the caller hang up on 911 (perhaps accidentally)?

I apologize for asking so many questions that have probably been discussed, but I can't seem to find any clear facts regarding these questions. Thank you so much in advance, and God be with the Closs family and Jayme during this horrible tragedy.
1. LE discovered the door kicked in and James shot in the doorway.
2. According to police dispatch logs, it appeared to first responders that James had answered the door (or was answering the door ) when the door was kicked in and shots fired.
3. one 911 call
4. I'm not clear on this point. According to LE, the 911 call was somehow disconnected, and when the 911 operator tried to call the number back, it went to Denise's voicemail.

Question about guns - if the theory is that dad answered the door and someone shot him right there in the doorway, how close did they have to be to him? How much blood is the person at the door covered in now from a close range blast with a high powered gun? And yet, we saw NO blood on the glass storm door taken away by police. None. Why not? If perp got up that close to shoot dad right there in the doorway, why is there NO blood on the storm door? Shouldn't there be quite a bit of it?
It could be a fine enough mist that its not easily seen.

That glass is usually very, very thick. Would be difficult to see clearly out of in the daylight.
Unfortunately I only know how thick these are because once upon a time I had to replace one. (Our own). It was pretty expensive for the cut, almost so much so that we thought of replacing the door.

2. According to police dispatch logs, it appeared to first responders that James had answered the door (or was answering the door ) when the door was kicked in and shots fired.
3. one 911 call
4. I'm not clear on this point. According to LE, the 911 call was somehow disconnected, and when the 911 operator tried to call the number back, it went to Denise's voicemail.
What if he wasn't opening the door but trying to close it while the person was coming at him with the gun? They get there and kick it to keep it from being locked and shoot him.

We are not allowed to publicly sleuth people who have not been named POIs by LE. You might want to edit your post.
I would not put too much credibility in anything coming from Radar on line. There are weird people everywhere saying strange things. It doesn't mean any of them are connected to this case.

The only information we have from LE is that the front door was kicked in and James was shot at the door. I don't see any evidence to suggest that there was another point of entry, but obviously, I can't say that with any degree of certainty.

No blood seen on the storm door - how far in to the house did the perp get before shooting James? Had to be James backing up as perp advancing!

Maybe it wasn’t a high powered gun. Handgun vs shotgun. I don’t think multiple rounds would be needed with a shotgun, especially at close range

d

Thank you so much. I live a few states away from Wisconsin, and two days ago a car identical to the Challenger showed up in my neighborhood, parked on the street. Does not have WI license plate. Trying to decide whether or not to snap photo and send to LEO.

Yes. Do it. Nothing to lose and possibly a lot to gain.

3. one 911 call
Thank you very much for your insight and response. The belief by LE that James was shot at or around the time he was answering the door sheds some light on the situation for me, especially. Greatly appreciate your info!

3. one 911 call
We're not really sure about the whole door kicked in thing. At first MSM story was that dad answered the door when the police arrived, drawing in his final breaths. Then the story was changed to James was deceased when the police entered and the police kicked the door in. And the Chief confirmed that James was deceased when LE arrived, but he won't deny or confirm whether the door had been kicked in or if LE kicked it in when they arrived on scene. So the long and short of it is, it's up to interpretation as to who and when the door was kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local