AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That time gap is the most perpexing unanswered question that I have.

I absolutely don’t believe that anything sexual happened during the initial crime, as time was of the essence and the perpetrator unfortunately, would have endless time to do that upon his successful escape.

Had this been a less forceful, and quieter event, I wouldn’t exclude that possibility.

I think that events inside that house transpired in a way that inhibited a more hasty escape.

What that is, we could endlessly speculate.
Same here. Which makes me think this was not a crime to kidnap Jayme and be out of there quickly. Some theories bantered around were that this house was mistaken for a meth house down the street (ugh) and so there could have possibly been alot of fighting and yelling where the intruders were intent on finding the non-existent drugs. "Where is it? Where is it? You owe me!" and so on. You would think it would have been a "quick" kidnapping. But then why kill the father as soon as he supposedly answered the door? Then again we're assuming he was killed upon answering the door. Maybe he was shot trying to run out but spun around so the position of the body looked as though he was answering but was really leaving, and forensics will show which way the bullet entered the poor man.

Okay I know some of you may not care for Mark Furhman at times including myself but the thread was closed at the time he was being interviewed on Fox.

Since he spoke I can't get out of my mind what he said because it ALL made so much common sense and none of it I had ever even considered.

Anyway for those who may be interested I will try to post it in my own words for you.

He said he believes the evidence shows that Denise was the intended target. Here is the clear reason he gave. If James had been the intended target the mission would have been over right at the front door with no need to enter the home. They would have shot James and quickly left probably before Denise could have even seen who it was.

But he said they purposefully went inside to murder Denise. He also said the crime scene can reveal who may be the intended target. Such as if one victim suffered more gunshot wounds than another victim. Or if one victim had other type of injuries done by the killer beyond the gunshots themselves.

He said he does believe that Jayme has been killed and thinks the police know that too and know they are in recovery mode now.

He also said this which makes sense to me. He said the experts on the ground have the ability in less than a day's time to know if there are any vehicles in this county of 45000 that matches the 2 vehicles in question.

So he thinks the police already know the vehicles aren't from the county this happened in. He said they will go county by county searching the DMV data base looking for possible matches and interviewing anyone who may own the same type of vehicles crossing them off one by one.

So what do all of you think about this? I found all of it so facisinating. Jmo though
Thank you for this, very much appreciated, Ocean Blue Eyes!

For some reason, I never felt in my heart that Jayme was the target. I teetered between it being one of the parents targeted or a home invasion like the Groene's.

Excellent summary, and I do think he is correct. In one of the articles, I believe it was said that the mother suffered before she passed away, where as the father, it appeared to be instant or fast.

I also believe Jayme is no longer with us, but with her parents in heaven. If she is still alive, I fear for her emotional health, going through such a traumatic event so young in her life- she's supposed to be worrying about boys, dance, school, sports, make up, fun times with friends- not dealing with the loss of her parents, especially in such a brutal and cold hearted manner! If she is alive, in my opinion only, she's going to need long term counseling, like any of us would at that age. That poor girl, my heart just aches for her. I pray no one is torturing or hurting her, if she is still alive.

Sheriff Fitzgerald on Ashleigh Banfield now.

The gist of this interview, is that basically if you have thought of something that they should be doing, they are doing it.

They are looking at everything, from digital records, surveillance footage, searching vacation homes, checking out vehicle tips, you name it.

Encouraging and discouraging at the same time.
And neighbor JS is also on again. AB is asking her about seeing the Challenger. She says she's seen a vehicle like that in Barron several times. There was one in the Jennie-O Turkey Store parking lot last night. Sheriff confirms they received this tip and it was cleared - it was not the correct vehicle.
MOO

Jumping off your post BeeGirl, is anyone else surprised that JC doesn't have more of an online presence? The only other things I've been able to find are a pinterest and instagram account in her name.
Has anyone else been able to find anything?
I am actually surprised by how much of an online presence she does have. Looks like she has had a Facebook since she was 10years old, if not a little younger.

I believe there was no time to kill Jayme because the 911 call was made. She had seen the perp/s and could make an identification so she was taken out of the home to be dealt with later. I think the need to leave in a hurry is the only reason she wasn't killed right then. And I would be shocked if she is still alive at this point.

But I really,really hope she is.

Not to be cold, but it takes less than a second to shoot someone. Takes much much more time and effort to drag a struggling teenager into a car.

ITA, and I believe that LE found her phone with her.
If Denise was found dead in a bathroom why are police tight lipped on this detail? Sure it hampers the investigation is the standard reply but I’m wondering *how* does it / could it?

I was wondering if she may have been found elsewhere? Perhaps outside?

Not to be cold, but it takes less than a second to shoot someone. Takes much much more time and effort to drag a struggling teenager into a car.
Exactly. It would have been far easier for the perpetrator to simply kill her, as opposed to taking the immense risk and hassle of kidnapping her.

I believe there was no time to kill Jayme because the 911 call was made. She had seen the perp/s and could make an identification so she was taken out of the home to be dealt with later. I think the need to leave in a hurry is the only reason she wasn't killed right then. And I would be shocked if she is still alive at this point.

But I really,really hope she is.
I think it would have been easier and quicker to shoot her in the house than take her kicking and screaming from the house, only to kill later.

I think a lot of details are left unsaid. When somebody comes in and are a suspect only they know the details. I'm sure they have had many nuts confess to murders just for the outing.
LE will tell only what they need to tell. I think they are doing an amazing job. Like I said earlier I love this experienced FBI Rapid Response Team that moves in and takes right over.

Last edited:

Agree. IMO the only things that make sense in taking Jayme are: 1) He had a romantic connection to her, 2) His DNA was on her and he wanted to keep her alive to continue raping her, 3) She was dead or near dead and he knew something on her (DNA, his skin under her nails) could identify him as the perp.

Based on the dispatch log stating "multiple rounds spent" the perp(s) could have run out of bullets and needing to get out quickly after the 911 call felt there was no choice but to take her. Pure speculation on my part.

Does anyone know where the searches took place today? I know we can't discuss what we've read on other forums... so I hope it's ok to say that what I read on one was that they were 5 miles away from the crime scene. Is this true? When the helicopters panned out - omg - the amount of corn fields! Yet they honed in a select few. Perhaps neighbors in those areas heard noises over the past week, tire tracks, etc. I wrongly assumed the searching would be in a controlled area starting at her home and panning out. The helicopters also showed a large creek or river (definition of both depends on where you were raised!). I'd call it a large creek. Fast current. If she is deceased and sadly was placed in said body of water, where does it empty to? I assume they can't dredge it easily and are watching the output areas. Also noticed many marsh bodies of water, smallish, like large ponds, as they panned overhead with the cameras.

And neighbor JS is also on again. AB is asking her about seeing the Challenger. She says she's seen a vehicle like that in Barron several times. There was one in the Jennie-O Turkey Store parking lot last night. Sheriff confirms they received this tip and it was cleared - it was not the correct vehicle.
MOO
Can you imagine being an unfortunate (and innocent) motor enthusiast driving a vehicle resembling the suspect cars right about now?! Let us hope that the level headed citizens of Barron will let law enforcement handle any suspect vehicles. As for the neighbor, I think her fifteen minutes in the spotlight are up.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think there is a possibility that the perpetrator was invited in earlier or got in surreptitiously. Bad things happened. James could have been trying to get away from the scene and the perpetrator shot him as he got to the door area. Later, LE kicked the door in to get inside. (although they didn't have kick, as the door was not locked)

moo
In his press conference or AB interview yesterday the sheriff said responding officers saw the door ajar and as they approached first saw Dad’s feet. If his feet were to the door would that indicate he was shot from outside? (Do gunshot victims typically fall away from the source of the bullet?). And does whether a body is found face up or face down indicate whether the victim was shot in the front or the back?

I've wondered if the shot the neighbors heard was Jayme being shot outside.
Hm so she’s shot outside in the cold at such a late hour? How come? Why was she outside? Why was dad answering the door then when he was gunned down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mocitydon87