AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the objective / motive involved I suppose. If the guy is obsessed with Jayme, why would he stick around for any longer than it takes to get her and go? The longer he's there the less likely he is to accomplish his goal. If we're talking a robbery then you might have a longer window of time and a reason to be there for longer. But if you've just fired shots, made a lot of noise and have no reason to stay and every reason to flee then I doubt you'd be sticking around long.

I agree, but we don't know what a motive for this home invasion was, right? Mark Fuhrman has said the target was Denise. If this is true, and James wasn't home, I'd think it was done for sexual assault.. and maybe other torture, IDK. Since 2 people were shot in their own home, I think there was a lot of rage, hate, disorganized thinking or a combo.

If it was to take one of the females for ransom, then the act would be directed against James, indirectly, and the female or females directly.
We also don't know if the door was initially opened to the perp. or perps.
I agree that the ending is the only known part at this time. This is a really unusual case in several aspects.

They are not just quoting a well-known children’s book - this is something that Denise said in (at least) two different birthday posts that she made on FB - once to her goddaughter (Jan 2017) and again to Jayme (Jul 2017). So I think it is another personal connection they are using to talk to Jayme.

I don’t know how to link to a particular post but here is her FB page and you can scroll to those dates. Denise Closs
Good one!

I had scanned their FBs but totally forgot about those birthday posts.

Last edited:
So there’s finally a reward but apparently not from the couple’s long-time employer. Being a large company, I’d have expected them to offer something quickly. If nothing else, it’s always good publicity. So no reward makes me wonder why not. I’ve seen a small local convenience mart pay to ship a murdered clerk’s body across the Atlantic for burial at home (killed on the job). I’ve seen a dress chain pay for an murdered employee’s funeral (not killed on the job). This feels off to me. Anybody else?

If an addict took Jayme the perp/s cohorts might start talking with reward money offered if not in fear of their safety. Safety because thinking of DG AK
ETA posted before finished

Many schools issue laptops as well. So even if a child isn't given one at home, it is possible they have one through their school. The school issued ones are usually pretty limited on what can be accessed and often have an email alert built in so that if anything inappropriate or off-limits is accessed, the school gets an email. However tech-savy teens can be pretty innovative. Not insinuating that Jayme is in that group at all, just some general info.

Even if your child does not have an iphone...their friends do. Imo there is NO way to prevent kids from being online or to monitor their activity 100%. And all kids are curious. Sadly they are also easily tricked into believing people are who they say they are...jmo

Based on the 2 vehicles of interest...
People who would drive these vehicles lead me to different profiles:
a) Dodge: younger male(s) late teens to 30's, H.S. education or less.
b) SUV: 30's to 40's male(s) possibly a female accomplice.
c) The vehicle(s) were stolen or were not involved: someone local where their vehicle would not be noticed, possibly walked a distance or used other means of transport.
d) well planned coordinated interstate or out of country trafficking abduction.

From these I would have to cross with possible motives:
1) How did a 13 year old have enough time to cultivate a relationship with someone capable of murder? Would expect some communication trail, Witnesses, etc.
2) Did someone see her locally or was there an online trigger?
3) Was there something going on in the home, where the intruder felt justified? Or was he lied to?
4) Was she simply targeted and stalked?
5) Who has the ability to murder a couple in cold blood, and take JC?

The most likely possibility seems to me to be someone fairly local who grew up around guns, possibly a hunter, and / or a criminal history. This person became obsessed with her and likely knew the family or at least their habits.

Second scenario, is a planned stranger abduction. A rare thing, especially if abducted for kidnap, sale, trafficking, export.

My gut says JC knew the intruder. I felt this way with the Tibbets case too. I think this familiarity ranges from someone local she had seen around to someone that knew the family well.

In AZ kidnappings are linked to drug cartel activity. Does this m.o. bear any similarities?

I agree, but we don't know what a motive for this home invasion was, right? Mark Fuhrman has said the target was Denise. If this is true, and James wasn't home, I'd think it was done for sexual assault.. and maybe other torture, IDK. Since 2 people were shot in their own home, I think there was a lot of rage, hate, disorganized thinking or a combo.

If it was to take one of the females for ransom, then the act would be directed against James, indirectly, and the female or females directly.
We also don't know if the door was initially opened to the perp. or perps.
I agree that the ending is the only known part at this time. This is a really unusual case in several aspects.

Hi Jana! I love your posts first of all, so thank you for all the thoughtful contributions. I have discussed this case with two detectives from another state just a few minutes ago. Both are aware due to the amber alerts but obviously not sitting on web sleuths like I am. I asked both their opinions and they both seem to think based on what is known, Jayme is the target of a pedophile or someone else who targeted her either online or from seeing her around town/at activities/etc. They do not feel she was a willing participant and is one million percent a victim and think there is a probable chance she is still alive. When I asked about Denise being a target, I was told that it was possible but that to determine that would take information that only those closest to the investigation would know. Thanks again for your wonderful posts!

No, it's not the strength it takes to break down a door that is important. It's what it symbolizes. The door is your safety and security. It's how you can lock the world out and have everything behind the door all to yourself... what you own and love and value more than anything else in the world. It's where you let down your guard and put your feet up, enjoy what's yours and vulnerably sleep without fear. He didn't come later at night and quietly pick a lock or quietly force open a window... shoot two sleeping adults and take a child. He walked right up and broke the door down. He planned that imo, in order to terrorize and immediately mentally disable the people inside the house. Look... it was successful; he was in total charge of everyone in that house. He was angry at the adults (or one of them.) I think he was miffed somehow and somewhere. He may have said something inappropriate to Jayme in the company of one of her parents. I suspect it was her mother who heard him and chastised him in public. "Insulted" him, by his way of thinking. He saw it as rejection, demeaning and like a mental castration of his big, bad self. Nobody talks to him like that and especially when he was trying to be nice. (He doesn't know how to be nice... it was creepy and uncomfortable; whatever it was he said. It could have even just been one of those looks that is inappropriate when dealing with young girls.) In a restaurant, at a school sports game, in a drugstore, at the church... name anyplace. He followed them home and made a mental note of where they lived and that he would come back and then he went on his way and did a slow boil over time. He got himself worked up enough to come back and show them all who they'd messed with. Revenge is my guess on the motivation. I think he lives in the general area and saw Jayme and her mother occasionally. He'd drive by the house and he let it bugger his brain over time. I guess you'd call it stalking but I think of it as letting things like hate, resentment, anger and rejection simmer until something makes the heat go up and then the person explodes.

Not a bad theory at all, but LE is looking for 2 cars.

JMO.

Based on the 2 vehicles of interest...
People who would drive these vehicles lead me to different profiles:
a) Dodge: younger male(s) late teens to 30's, H.S. education or less.
b) SUV: 30's to 40's male(s) possibly a female accomplice.
c) The vehicle(s) were stolen or were not involved: someone local where their vehicle would not be noticed, possibly walked a distance or used other means of transport.
d) well planned coordinated interstate or out of country trafficking abduction.

From these I would have to cross with possible motives:
1) How did a 13 year old have enough time to cultivate a relationship with someone capable of murder? Would expect some communication trail, Witnesses, etc.
2) Did someone see her locally or was there an online trigger?
3) Was there something going on in the home, where the intruder felt justified? Or was he lied to?
4) Was she simply targeted and stalked?
5) Who has the ability to murder a couple in cold blood, and take JC?

The most likely possibility seems to me to be someone fairly local who grew up around guns, possibly a hunter, and / or a criminal history. This person became obsessed with her and likely knew the family or at least their habits.

Second scenario, is a planned stranger abduction. A rare thing, especially if abducted for kidnap, sale, trafficking, export.

My gut says JC knew the intruder. I felt this way with the Tibbets case too. I think this familiarity ranges from someone local she had seen around to someone that knew the family well.

In AZ kidnappings are linked to drug cartel activity. Does this m.o. bear any similarities?

No disrespect, but I totally disagree on the profiles based on the cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop