AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to wager that the aunt had help from the FBI in crafting the wording of her plea to Jayme.
Everything about it was planned, no doubt. The dog, the bottle of Starbucks. Wise to craft the message. I hope it works. I feel for the Aunts who were at the podium, having just lost their sister in such a manner.

From the last thread (and frankly I have no idea what the context was but I had started typing before the thread closed so might as well finish):

I don’t know why people keep calling her “little”. She is a teenager. She is past puberty, she is not eligible for youth sports anymore. I am very worried for her, and she is certainly in grave danger, but she is young. She isn’t little. MHO.

People don’t use that same kind of language with 13 year old males.

Respectfully disagree on the youth sports bit. Youth sports is a big business 'round these parts. I have sons just younger and just barely older than Jayme. They play youth sports and it's called youth sports and they can play them through high school and its still called youth sports (in highly populated areas not everybody is going to make the middle school or high school team and parents want to keep their kids engaged in extracurricular activities and exercise).

But regardless, she's closer to 12 and she's still very much a child.

ETA: 'round these parts' refer to my area. No clue what the situation in WI is.

I think it's safe to wager that the aunt had help from the FBI in crafting the wording of her plea to Jayme.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only things the Sisters/Aunts did was provide some info about Jamey, her special drink and bring her sweet little Mollie. The 'team' wrote the plea and the Aunt read it.

This is the FBI and LE at their finest. Never doubt they know exactly what they are doing. Long ago it would be the local LE that would bumble around. Now we have teams that set up office as soon a somebody goes missing.

This is searching 101 and it's just amazing watching this well oiled machine operate.

Relatives plan to hold a funeral for James and Denise Closs at 1 p.m. Saturday at St. Peter's Catholic Church in Cameron, a village next to Barron. The funeral will be preceded by an 11 a.m. visitation.

Jayme Closs: 2K volunteers search for missing, endangered Wis. girl

Building off this, I'd noticed this in the Closs' obituary:

Funeral services for James and Denise will be on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 1:00 P.M. at St. Peter’s Catholic Church in Cameron with Father Bala Raju Policetty officiating. Visitation will be held from 11:00 until 1:00 on Saturday morning at the church. A private family burial will be at a later date.
I wondered if they're doing it later so Jayme can say goodbye when she comes home.

I believe the Police know if she was abducted or not from the get-go. If she was in on it there would be personal things missing: favorite clothes, her phone, purse, etc. If she was in on it, she would have just met them some place else. The kidnappers saw her and wanted her. She was a witness to murder. They would have killed her after her parents. I believe she was killed after they or he were/was finished with her. I hate thinking this. Please tell me how I am wrong.

I haven't ruled out Jamie being catfished by some nutbar completely. Could Jamie have recently outed somebody who had been abusing her to her Parents who were about to go to LE? Confusing case but I do think this case is all things Jamie. IMO

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only things the Sisters/Aunts did was provide some info about Jamey, her special drink and bring her sweet little Mollie. The 'team' wrote the plea and the Aunt read it.

This is the FBI and LE at their finest. Never doubt they know exactly what they are doing. Long ago it would be the local LE that would bumble around. Now we have teams that set up office as soon a somebody goes missing.

This is searching 101 and it's just amazing watching this well oiled machine operate.
The perfect orchestration is a sight to behold! It instills confidence in the investigation, IMO.

Last edited:

It is also against the rules here to implicate an obvious victim.

I agree. I also agree that during the time before she is found that LE keeps all scenarios on the table as possibilities.

In totality, it’s very sad that any if us are here discussing the double homicide of parents who appear as being hard working, loving and have a beautiful daughter. And as much as I have hope Jayme is alive, I Am in conflicted about her being found alive and well. The odds in these cases are overwhelmingly against a successful end.

I may have to eat those words, but it is just sad.

I was thinking this morning while my house was quiet, with a perfect cup of morning coffee in front of me. What has the world come to when abductions, abuse, murder, crime, political misbehavior, shootings and so many mistruths are so prevelant in our lives?

Where is the goodness and kindness that at onetime was the rule in American life as opposed to the exception? Perhaps my memories have been tainted.

Is it fake news and attention grabbing headlines? I’m going to think about it awhile. But at the end of my day my life may not be perfect, but I have all I need to be very happy. It’s my choice to be positive and grateful.

And most importantly I am deeply humble and grateful for all I have within myself and for all I have around me.

Those of us that have followed and prayed about these sort of painful cases are familiar with the frustrating feelings that come with it. We are kept in the dark on clues we'd like to have. You learn to trust LE the professionals know what they are doing and anything we question they have got well in hand. Sometimes things move slowly. Think how frustrated LE (who have actually worked a terrible crime scene) and the family and friends are. Family hesitates to come forward as they know their appearance will be critiqued just as we have seen here. Now is the time to wait patiently, help the family and LE if we can and try to avoid thinking that we have better ideas than they do. Praying she will be found. Please realize sometimes it takes a long time to get answers and sometimes they never come. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns