AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jayme is alive, seeing pics of her gorgeous little dog, will be most distressing for her.:(:(:(
Not necessarily, in fact, possibly not at all. IF she has hope to live, and the will to live, seeing her dog looking well and so calm, but knowing Molly misses her is a special kind of love the two of them share.

I've been really ill in the hospital before, and when my husband would tell me " The dogs are looking for you and they miss you so much", it was a very soothing thing to know they were there, and I would be back.

A hostage has to have HOPE for rescue. Her dog can be a reason to live. So tragic because her parents are gone. I do believe she's with them in heaven, but try to hold out hope against the odds that she's alive.

ETA: Over the years in my career as an RN, I've had several patients who were what I'd call " seriously ill" but alert and expected to live. I've seen their spouse getting off the elevator with a soft Sherpa dog carrier or maybe one of those purse carriers for a tiny breed, and the person would look at me, and when I found out exactly whose room they were going to ( some patients shouldn't have any animals in their rooms regardless of the love), I'd let them go on by and at least 3 of us were very happy that evening. ( plus one small dog's happiness)
Now, there are therapy dogs for pediatric and geriatric long term care patients and I do believe they are extremely beneficial. Just wanted to add what I've seen and the joy it brought my acute care patients.

Last edited:
So there’s finally a reward but apparently not from the couple’s long-time employer. Being a large company, I’d have expected them to offer something quickly. If nothing else, it’s always good publicity. So no reward makes me wonder why not. I’ve seen a small local convenience mart pay to ship a murdered clerk’s body across the Atlantic for burial at home (killed on the job). I’ve seen a dress chain pay for an murdered employee’s funeral (not killed on the job). This feels off to me. Anybody else?
They may be paying for the billboards all over the US.

Are we sure those "posts" on her page are not pictures of her that were posted by family and she was simply tagged in them? I know some parents do this and still tag their children's names even though their kids are not allowed facebook yet. Then when they get an account the older pictures show up on their page. Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but does that makes sense? Or are there older posts of her talking back and forth with her friends on there?
Sorry Gardener, I'm getting tired and forgot to answer your first question. No, she was not tagged in the photos by anyone. They are profile and cover photos and were made from her account; we just don't know that she posted them. Her mother or another family member could have simply been maintaining the account for her until she was old enough. MOO

Initially I lurked on WS.
When I decided to post, I contacted Mods, and requested they add my avatar, as had no idea.
I stated the type of dog, I would like, and they sent me a few to choose from.

This is so very kind of our WS staff. Thank you for asking, and thank you to our moderators for helping.

Tmar--Welcome to WS. :)

I have a question. Regarding the family statement at the press conference, is it unusual to say " The dog will only eat CHICKEN"?

We know there's a poultry processing plant in Barron. But, it's turkey. Could the chicken reference be an inside joke sort of thing? Or, could there be a chicken processing plant nearby?
I know in a lot of states, large poultry farms may have both chickens and turkeys.

BTW, 3 of my fur kids don't like to eat anything but Swanson's cooked, boneless flaked chicken breast that comes in the cans for quick chicken salad, I guess.
The " dog eating chicken" statement really hit home because my most favorite dog became very underweight as a puppy because he wouldn't eat. Hence, the cooked chicken breasts came to be the foundation of his meals.

I wondered if it might be an inside joke or secret message to her. Maybe when the dog is sick or upset she will only eat chicken? It could be a way of telling Jayme that Molly is really upset and missing her without touching on the reasons. I'm sure it's in reference to something Jayme knows about. JMO.

Sorry Gardener, I'm getting tired and forgot to answer your first question. No, she was not tagged in the photos by anyone. They are profile and cover photos and were made from her account; we just don't know that she posted them. Her mother or another family member could have simply been maintaining the account for her until she was old enough. MOO

She also has Instagram accounts.

I wondered if it might be an inside joke or secret message to her. Maybe when the dog is sick or upset she will only eat chicken? It could be a way of telling Jayme that Molly is really upset and missing her without touching on the reasons. I'm sure it's in reference to something Jayme knows about. JMO.

I know this sounds silly, but if I worked at a turkey plant and was a loyal employee, I believe my dogs would eat that specific brand of turkey that I bought at the grocery, not chicken.
KWIM?

I realise the aunts likely don't work at the same Jennie- O plant but I think there is something a bit odd about that one dog eating chicken vs. turkey.
It may be perfectly clear to Jayme. :)

Haha, I'm getting tired too. I didn't even notice you didn't answer. But thanks for answering! :)

My dad inherited our dog, Reilly, from his girlfriend who passed away, and he said that when Carol was alive, and my dad was caregiving, the dog would eat anything, even baby carrots. Since Reilly has been with us since May, he has not been interested in food which we contribute to his grieving, but he will eat chicken! My dad was upset because Reilly gained 4 pounds even though he goes for several walks a day, and he said he was going to stop giving him chicken breasts (that he roasts in the oven), but Reilly then would not eat his other dog food, so now it is back to chicken. I guess I agree with you, I think they were saying the dog would not eat otherwise, because he is so upset.

She also has Instagram accounts.

I'm having trouble remembering, but didn't some of our members determine one of those Instagram accounts was fake and probably created after she went missing? Something to do with it accepting new followers I think? Her real one was private I believe. Is that ringing any bells for anyone or am I thinking of another case?

• Your family and friends miss you so much — your sparkling eyes, your bright smile, your soft little giggles
  • Your dog Molly is waiting for you. She’s sleeping in one of your sweatshirts — and will only eat chicken.
  • Grandpa needs new artwork on his fridge.
  • Aunt Susie wants to go jogging in the park with you
  • that girls shopping date we planned
  • your favorite iced coffee
This could be seen as a laundry list of reasons to go on living — all that you have waiting for you, all of those who are longing for you.
These sound like pleas for Jayme to come home. As if she has that option. I am at a loss here.... after that presser

To me, those SB bottled coffees are very expensive. The only time I ever bought them was for camping. They don't really need to be refrigerated either, and very easy in the morning to just drink one of those. Do mother's allow children this age to drink coffee? Just asking, I never drank it until I was an adult. I thought coffee might keep kids up at night, make them too hyper.

Coffee drinks like this are insanely popular for teenage girls. I am friends with several dozen on FB and Instagram and they are constantly posting pictures of their drinks. A friend of mine who runs the local coffeeshop said 80% of their business is high school students, mostly girls.

I'm having trouble remembering, but didn't some of our members determine one of those Instagram accounts was fake and probably created after she went missing? Something to do with it accepting new followers I think? Her real one was private I believe. Is that ringing any bells for anyone or am I thinking of another case?

There are three accounts. Yes, one definitely looks like it was created after she went missing. But two of them look legitimate, but I did not go into.
My grandchildren seldom are on FB anymore. Twitter and Instagram that I know of. They don't talk anymore, they "post".

These sound like pleas for Jayme to come home. As if she has that option. I am at a loss here.... after that presser

It's not in the above list, but the aunt did also say "to whomever may know where Jayme is, please contact the Barron County Sheriff Dept." My read is that they are trying to give the perp a chance to be "a hero" by contacting the police and telling where she is, but they are mostly focusing on making Jayme a real person in his mind first. They didn't want to make threats or ultimatums that could anger him and make Jayme more endangered (if she is alive). JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810