AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not in the above list, but the aunt did also say "to whomever may know where Jayme is, please contact the Barron County Sherrif Dept." My read is that they are trying to give the perp a chance to be "a hero" by contacting the police and telling where she is, but they are mostly focusing on making Jayme a real person in his mind first. They didn't want to make threats or ultimatums that could anger him and make Jayme more endangered (if she is alive). JMO.
Exactly. This statement was calculated, and I think you’re right about its purpose.

It’s a long shot in regards to getting the perp to release her, but it may help in encouraging someone who knows something, to come forward.

It’s the family’s message, at the direction of LE. They know what they are doing, although we might not understand it fully, or grasp its purpose.

It's not in the above list, but the aunt did also say "to whomever may know where Jayme is, please contact the Barron County Sherrif Dept." My read is that they are trying to give the perp a chance to be "a hero" by contacting the police and telling where she is, but they are mostly focusing on making Jayme a real person in his mind first. They didn't want to make threats or ultimatums that could anger him and make Jayme more endangered (if she is alive). JMO.

Wow...that thought just came to me too. Maybe trying to establish a rapport with them.

Sorry Gardener, I'm getting tired and forgot to answer your first question. No, she was not tagged in the photos by anyone. They are profile and cover photos and were made from her account; we just don't know that she posted them. Her mother or another family member could have simply been maintaining the account for her until she was old enough. MOO

Not directed to you directly, but I wanted to chime in: tagging on Facebook only works if the person being tagged has a Facebook account. I often post photos of my 16 yr old son (with his permission). If I click on his face in a photo, there’s no auto fill if he doesn’t have a FB profile set up. No FB profile = no tag.

Wow...that thought just came to me too. Maybe trying to establish a rapport with them.
Jumping off of this, because I also had a thought.

Perhaps the reason that LE isn’t characterizing this as a “kidnapping,” although that’s exactly what it is, is some sort of an effort to calm the situation in regards to the perpetrator.

He didn’t “kidnap” her. He “has her, or “she is with him.”

It may be absolutely nothing, and they may have other reasons for this, but I could see this angle as being a possibility, albeit maybe an outside one.

Perhaps the reason that LE isn’t characterizing this as a “kidnapping,” although that’s exactly what it is, is some sort of an effort to calm the situation in regards to the perpetrator.

It may be absolutely nothing, and they may have other reasons for this, but I could see this angle as being a possibility, albeit maybe an outside one.

I agree and maybe even a bargaining point. Freedom for Jayme and freedom for me in return..

So the police are not interested in those vehicles locations on the highway after 1:30 am and they are not doing more searches. So they know the perp(s) and are are now playing mind games? Is that the case?

Exactly. This statement was calculated, and I think you’re right about its purpose.

It’s a long shot in regards to getting the perp to release her, but it may help in encouraging someone who knows something, to come forward.

It’s the family’s message, at the direction of LE. They know what they are doing, although we might not understand it fully, or grasp its purpose.

Yes, and it may be a long shot but I think they are playing the cards they have been dealt. The FBI and local LE have been working the case hard and ruled out the majority of the leads that have come in so far. If they don't get a credible lead, what else can they do but appeal to the person who knows where she is to say something? I think if there are no new developments then this presser may be just the beginning of their "messaging" to the person who took her. JMO.

Sorry to change the subject, but I've been thinking about the Challenger at Jennie-O. I'm wondering if the owner was working at the time of the murders, which I'm sure would have been verified. If so, I wonder if someone else may have used the car during working hours, with or without permission. For some reason it's hard for me to believe there are many cars in the area that fit the description. Or, maybe I need some sleep and should go to bed for a change. MOO

So the police are not interested in those vehicles locations on the highway after 1:30 am and they are not doing more searches. So they know the perp(s) and are are now playing mind games? Is that the case?
They are interested in a particular location and timeframe, in regards to vehicles on the highway.

The interview today was simply part of an overall strategy.

It doesn’t seem they have much to go on at this point.

Sorry to change the subject, but I've been thinking about the Challenger at Jennie-O. I'm wondering if the owner was working at the time of the murders, which I'm sure would have been verified. If so, I wonder if someone else may have used the car during working hours, with or without permission. For some reason it's hard for me to believe there are many cars in the area that fit the description. Or, maybe I need some sleep and should go to bed for a change. MOO
They certainly would have looked into the possibility that there were other people who used that vehicle.

I agree, there can’t be many vehicles like that Charger in the area.

There is either another one, or the Charger may not be related to this crime at all.

They certainly would have looked into the possibility that there were other people who used that vehicle.

I agree, there can’t be many vehicles like that Charger in the area.

There is either another one, or the Charger may not be related to this crime at all.
Did I get mixed up? I thought it was a Challenger, I always confused the names when I was young too (I had friends who owned both.)

Perhaps the reason that LE isn’t characterizing this as a “kidnapping,” although that’s exactly what it is, is some sort of an effort to calm the situation in regards the perpetrator.

Right. Right now it's all just a little misunderstanding. We know you didn't mean to hurt anyone, that you're not going to hurt Jayme. You like her. You can work with us. Here's her dog!

It's not a bad idea.

There was a challenger at Jennie o? I didn't know this. Do you have a link to that? This would fit in my theory. Which I have had from the beginning.

That has been my position for a long time-- ever since they put out that they wanted to talk to anyone who has ever had a "misunderstanding" with the family. This is someone who murdered two people to get her. He isn't going to talk to LE if he hears the words "kidnapping" or "abduction". The Sheriff even avoided repeating the word "suspect" when the reporter asked. That doesn't mean there is no suspect but it could mean they don't want to use that word because they are trying to open a dialogue with him. They need to appeal to his ego and make it seem like "no big deal" if he didn't get along with Jayme's parents. Just like they would do if they were talking to him in an interview room before arrest. JMO.

I think LE was being strategic with the Aunt’s statement. IF Jayme is able to see to hear this presser, and is still alive, then that means that the perp has some kind of feelings/affection for her. And if so, then she has some bargaining power, some ability to negotiate things, even if she is chained up or locked in a small room while he is out.

The Aunt may have been trying to inspire her, give her a pep talk, and help motivate her to try and make it out of this horrible situation somehow.

And also, to try and express to the perp, that things are not all lost. We understand, we can work it out, let’s communicate….

I think they are still seeking leads about the vehicles. And I don't think they know who he is but I think they have made some guesses about him based on what they know. Mostly I think they are hoping for a miracle that if Jayme is still alive this person will let her go. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810