AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

(Now, I'm off to hunt down google pics of chairs with tie-on cushions... :) )

You can save yourself a lot of time. Just go back about 3 threads. Full of photos of Windsor chairs. Chairs with ties. Chairs with ruffles. Chairs with tied on ruffled seat cushions. A veritable Early American catalog.

I'd like to point out again that until we have the police's NARRATIVE about any of the furnishings, doors, windows, etc. removed from the house, the objects are subject to as many different interpretations as there are posters looking at them.

Also, an important case had tons of likely physical evidence and people speculated on the meanings of items and so forth for over a DECADE. JonBenet Ramsey case. We never found out one tiny piece of importance attached to any of the house's physical evidence except that the family's pad and pen were used to write the " ransom note".
That's why I refuse to speculate on physical evidence now. I looked at Santa bears and American Girl dolls until I was cross-eyed. Nothing came of anything we " saw" or " found" in a photo.

This was a child's BD party. It was said to be a family event. We are not to sleuth or accuse any family member of wrongdoing.
They are victims, also.
I clearly saw this with the aunts yesterday. Broken hearted.

With all due respect, I always look at what occurred on the day of a crime. It's part of a timeline, and it's relevant. No one is accusing the family of anything, nor is anyone sleuthing family members on forum from what I am seeing.

I'm going to assume that at a child's birthday party there will be attendees that aren't family and perhaps not known to everyone. At least that's the way it's been at all the ones I've attended and/or held.

JMO.

I would expect so. Just because it was a children's party does not mean that everyone there is innocent. Of course, they are "innocent" at this time, as is everyone. But it being a children's party does not mean that the person who did this couldn't have been in attendance.

Thank you! I wasn’t sure as we haven’t taken an indepth look at the new ones.
Yes, ours covers the driveway & the street, etc.
We’ll definitely look into getting a new system! MOO

Didn't somebody upthread say the first responders were in trama counseling due to the horror they experienced! I think I read that way at the beginning.
It is the part of any healthcare or medical institution to have "stress debriefing" and counseling availble. This is a town were there really is no major crime. But, I would think hunting accidents would expose them to GSWs.
It is not a big deal. I am betting that their organization put them through some debriefing and made sure they were instituting some"self care" and knew the availability of counseling.

BBM

I agree, and we're all over-thinking every bit of it with not enough information!

I see what you're saying. I just can't rationalize why the cushions would have been cut off, and if the chair wasn't used in the crime, why it would be taken away as evidence.

(Now, I'm off to hunt down google pics of chairs with tie-on cushions... :) )

BBM. Haha. Definitely right bout that one.

Was kind of funny to read all the long analysis of what the aunt said at the press conference. There was like ten pages worth of it in this thread. The aunt wanted to say that she misses her niece and is hoping she comes home -- there isn't a whole lot more to it than that. Some people want to read into it too much. Sure, LE probably looked over her statement to make sure she wasn't going to say anything she wasn't supposed to, but all this psychological analysis and searching for hidden meaning? C'mon guys, turn off the Criminal Minds and go for a nice walk outside in the fresh air.

Vehicles have to be registered don't they ? How hard could it possibly be to trace an orange or red dodge challenger if the driver is local ? Also, if they have actual video footage of the vehicle, why no plate numbers ?

What am I missing here ?

My back of the napkin estimates:
Sales figures for Challengers from 2008-2014: 265,792 vehicles sold
source: Dodge Challenger US car sales figures

Based on WI population (assuming they purchase at the same rate, I don't know) I would expect there to be 4729 sold here

Based on Barron County population I would expect 37 Challengers sold here

This is for all Challengers, not just red/orange and doesn't account for regional sales variations and those cars which are no longer on the road. My guess is they have accounted for all those in Barron County because it can't be that many to begin with.

Enhanced closeup from video (brightened and zoomed) of the view through the doorway. On the lower part of the hutch door there appear to be 2 (or more?) photos of people, stuck between the frame and the glass. upload_2018-10-25_10-29-42.png
The upper part of the door looks like there are 4 photos. Maybe. upload_2018-10-25_10-30-56.png

Last edited:
Actually, you're not correct in your hidden meaning response.

I happen to own 2 high frequency dog whistles which were gifts, likely well- meaning. Literal whistles that can be blown into, which emit a very high frequency whistle. I tried to teach two puppies with the whistles about 3 years ago, so I know exactly what the poster meant and was thinking they heard. It's not some slang term.

They are SUPPOSED to make dogs learn to come immediately to their person. Some companies advertise them as " stop barking" whistles.

They don't work on any of my dogs. At all. For anything. So, when someone posts something literal on WS about a double murder and child abduction case, it usually is a statement with validity. The poster said they heard a high pitched whistle. I tend to think it was mic feedback as I had audio and video for all the setup and mic checks, and the presser, and did not hear anything that sounds like my ( useless) dog whistles with a high pitched sound.

i'm aware there is such a thing as and actual literal dog whistle however the post that originally used the term was IMO clearly using it in the modern day slang meaning (common in politics) that I explained above.

It is the part of any healthcare or medical institution to have "stress debriefing" and counseling availble. This is a town were there really is no major crime. But, I would think hunting accidents would expose them to GSWs.
It is not a big deal. I am betting that their organization put them through some debriefing and made sure they were instituting some"self care" and knew the availability of counseling.
This makes me wonder what condition she was in....I hope she didn't suffer. I don't think anyone was in the house prior - since he was found with his feet towards the front door - this was discussed upthread. Meantime, I found another timeline from fox -
FWIW
Jayme Closs, missing Wisconsin teen, disappeared after parents killed: A timeline of events

Missing Wisconsin teen's family in emotional plea for her safe return

Investigators sometimes employ remarks from missing people's family members in the hopes of humanizing them in their captors' eyes and making them pause before inflicting harm.

The sheriff added that a new evidence collection team went through the Closs home on Wednesday to ensure previous forensic analysts didn't miss anything. The new team removed what Fitzgerald called "items," but he didn't elaborate.

CBS Minnesota reports the items included a mattress, a nightstand and several boxes.

Didn't somebody upthread say the first responders were in trama counseling due to the horror they experienced! I think I read that way at the beginning.
I didn't see that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I know someone official--probably the sheriff--initially called it a really brutal crime scene or something along that line. I'm sure (as is true of any rural area), they've fielded their fair share of domestic disputes gone awry, suicides, hunting accidents, etc. Based on that wording, I suspect this was a really horrifying scene beyond the gunshot wounds :( , and they are perhaps keeping all the disturbing details quiet so that way they can ferret out tips or confessions that are genuine.

I wonder if BC LE had bodycams on? I don't believe we have read, heard or seen anything regarding them?

The sheriff did confirm that there were additional items taken from the house, but did not identify anything in particular. I think they are just looking for any clue they can possibly get. Jmo

Iirc It was said a mattress was removed. Which is interesting when you consider how tight lipped LE is in this case.

My back of the napkin estimates:
Sales figures for Challengers from 2008-2014: 265,792 vehicles sold
source: Dodge Challenger US car sales figures

Based on WI population (assuming they purchase at the same rate, I don't know) I would expect there to be 4729 sold here

Based on Barron County population I would expect 37 Challengers sold here

This is for all Challengers, not just red/orange and doesn't account for regional sales variations and those cars which are no longer on the road. My guess is they have accounted for all those in Barron County because it can't be that many to begin with.

Good analysis. So we are probably down to ten or fewer red/orange chargers in the county. I'm sure you are right that LE spoke with all the people who own those vehicles before asking the public.

Thank you! I wasn’t sure as we haven’t taken an indepth look at the new ones.
Yes, ours covers the driveway & the street, etc.
We’ll definitely look into getting a new system! MOO
You really don't need a new system. You can just purchase an add on cam. I would suggest to make sure it has HD definiton night vision and color. Generally, I tell people it invest in a cam installer. It should cost you a 150 dollars to wire it into your existing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member