AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many are sick of the seat cushion discussion, but I'd like to make this remark, and it isn't my brilliant thought, unfortunately. It's from a much earlier thread but I don't know who said it, but they think like a detective! :)

When cushions are CUT off, you just cut one side of one tie, and the WHOLE THING comes off, with the other side of the tie still connected to the cushion itself. The ties are usually the same material as the cushion, and they are sewn in, inseam or whipstitched to the cushion with a lot of stitches. :p

After the other clever sleuther said that, I remembered cutting off the kitchen chair's cushion a few months ago to change to a thicker cushion, and yes, that's what I did, I didn't bother to untie (knots), I just went "snip snip" and lifted the whole cushion off, ties dangling still attached on one side each tie, then tied on the new cushion. ;)

Maybe this will help about the cushion. I hope Jayme is found today and we will be celebrating and never think of the cushion again.
I hate to make anyone's head explode, but...I have at least two chair cushions right now that are hanging on by one tie. The second tie is still attached to the chair, but it detached from the cushion itself. With use, ties often become detached from the cushion and remain tied to the chair. Eventually, I sew them back on. But it sometimes takes me months to find the motivation to do it.

I have no opinion on what's going on with this chair, but them's the facts on chair cushions and ties in my opinion!

I'm not sure if this has been thrown out there, but what about the possibility that James was home before the party ended and someone broke in and killed him. Then Denise and Jayme come home. They park and come in a different door in the back and walk in on the scene? Do you all think this is a possibility with what little is known to us?

I think so too and that's why I think they were both shot at the doorway. I guess we will find out when and if James had two wounds. I have only heard shot to the head. So much happened that we don't know.
If they were both shot in the doorway, are you thinking mom crawled off somewhere else in the house for some reason after she was wounded? Maybe to try to get her phone? Otherwise, police would have found her there in the doorway at the same time they found James....

Weren't they Catholic? I attended both Protestant and Catholic churches as a child and don't really remember anything like a Sunday school in the Catholic church. It is possible people they knew from church were on drugs or had family on drugs, though, certainly.

I grew up Catholic and we went to Sunday School every Sunday from kindergarten through confirmation age (like 16). We called it CCD or catechism.

The problem we have and the most scariest is none of us know who is cruising the highways and backroads at any given moment.

We have no way of knowing who they are or if they have a long violent rap sheet a mile long or if they are from a different part of the state or country.

How can anyone really feel safe when we dont even know if these horrible individuals may be close by staking out unsuspecting good families going about our lives totally unaware??

That is what alarms me the most in recent years.

Imo

I'm not sure if this has been thrown out there, but what about the possibility that James was home before the party ended and someone broke in and killed him. Then Denise and Jayme come home. They park and come in a different door in the back and walk in on the scene? Do you all think this is a possibility with what little is known to us?
I considered this as a possibility only because at some point I read in some MSM that it was unclear how long the parents had been dead for. That made me wonder, just how cold were the bodies when police found them? Maybe Rigor had come and gone already? We're all working off the timeline from when the neighbor heard the shots ring out - but that doesn't mean this is when this all began. For all we know, someone could've shown up anytime after mom and Jayme left the house to attend the party....

Yup. Made for a super awkward puberty lesson with a friend's mom as the teacher.
:D

Thank you! Sounds like the mom definitely could have taught a class at the local church.

I think so too and that's why I think they were both shot at the doorway. I guess we will find out when and if James had two wounds. I have only heard shot to the head. So much happened that we don't know.
If Denise followed James to the door and the first shot hit James, she may have turned and ran as the second shot was fired. The second shot may not have hit anybody, which explains her being found further inside the home.
MOO

Weren't they Catholic? I attended both Protestant and Catholic churches as a child and don't really remember anything like a Sunday school in the Catholic church. It is possible people they knew from church were on drugs or had family on drugs, though, certainly.
All Catholic churches have Sunday school classes. It's required for kids to make their First Communion and later get Confirmed.

I’m actually thinking about grabbing my GoPro and documenting mythbuster style what gunshots sound like from the neighbor’s house. My neighbor’s cool with it but I’m having trouble getting wife’s permission to fire my 12 gauge inside. Not a safety concern, I have plenty of backstop... maybe I can bribe her.
I KNOW a 12ga shot inside a home will be so much more quiet than anyone could ever think unless they have heard it for themselves. it sounds like a .22 or less.

Last edited:
I wondered that at first, as well. Did James always park his truck that way? It seemed odd to me where/how his red truck was parked. Also - was he found without shoes on? Then we might assume he was in for the night or had gone to bed already... hmmm

Edited - Apologies. I was trying to reply to Sleuther and something went awry with my quote option. :/
WS is acting up for me today, so I understand the issue :)
Those are good questions! MOO

Do we know where the mom's car was parked IRT where the dad's car was parked? I think DC's was up farther and JamesC's was way back, like to make a U-turn? Unsure.

Hmm. I can see that in the way the back rope is fastened to the chair back. But why would the cushion be cut off, and why would the knot look the way it does (the cushion ties don't require another huge knot like we see)?
Maybe DNA on chair cushion, so was cut off by perp?

Yesterday someone posted a shot of the interior the front doorway with a screenshot from a major news outlet, which they apparently found on youtube. They wondered what they were seeing in the dark shadowy area beyond the doorway. I took the photo and I enhanced it in photoshop - so I kind of have some ideas on what that MAY be in the photo - so I'm wondering, are we allowed to post photos that we have taken from MSM and enhanced or is that a no no? Mods?

Did you post them yet? I think it's ok as long as you include the link the original MSM video where the photos came from in your post. But it's best to send a private message to one of the mods to ask first.

Yeah if someone picked up a phone since this happened, they might be too scared to turn it in, fearing that may bring them to the attention of a cold blooded killer

I think anyone could turn a phone in without their name being made public. LE waited a long time to even bring the family into a news conference in this case so it seems like they are being cautious and would not release the name of a good Samaritan while this is an on going investigation. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!