AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. we see that a lot. Later people say " yah, I thought that was weird but I didn't know what to do about it.'

I've had strangers at bars confess to murder. One admitted to being a serial killer. I have no clue if they were lying, bragging or being honest.
If you think there's any truth to it you can report it to a cop and let them decide if it's credible.
But, when you live in a city or work at a bar I swear I heard crazy stories several times a night.

But I don't think the victims made any mistakes. Their door was locked (we know this because it was kicked in). Jayme did nothing to bring this on herself. Speculation that she was approached online is simply that, speculation. I think it is human nature for some people to blame the victim so that they can say this won't happen to me because I would never make that mistake.

Please stop blaming the victims.
SABBM

I think you have a compassionate heart, singlemom. :)

Re. the first bolded bit : Respectfully-- no one knows that, and LE have not said that. Which is concerning.
At this time, Jayme is a victim and must be considered as such .
It is entirely possible to bring disaster on your self and/or family by befriending the wrong person, or an online friend who turns out to be a monster. :(
LE have stated that Jayme is not a suspect and that is all.
Part of their body language and what LE are NOT saying makes us think they know very little, which is sad. I don't want to see this case grow cold !

Re. the second bolded bit : No one is blaming the victims here at WS.
This is the most victim-friendly forum online !

We don't know at this point if Jayme did or said anything to unintentionally bring disaster to her home.
Not blaming her if she did-- since LE have said she is not a suspect or person of interest.
No one on this forum has blamed any of the Closs family.

It is entirely possible (since LE have not stated this didn't happen) that Jayme was victimized by an online'friend' or 'bf'. Or even by a relative or family 'friend' . We don't know anything about the nature of the perp.

But it pays to be careful ; and to let other young people know how cautious they need to be.

Kids can make honest mistakes and not understand the dangers of not letting their parents know about a secret friend or a relative that makes them uneasy.
If someone approaches a teen online or at a family gathering-- that is not "blaming the victim". Anything a predator says or does is entirely on them and not the young person.

The same dangers existed decades ago and only now are being brought to light.
It's a sad world , and children and teens need to be aware of their surroundings and whom they communicate with.

The Sheriff nods his head when the reporter indicates this was an emotional plea directed towards Jayme, and again nods when he is asked if there is any evidence over the past ten days that she is alive. It's a super slight head nod in the affirmative both times. What do you suppose that is about? Do you think its possible that Jayme may have tried to reach out since this went down to her aunt (the one who made the public address?). Or do you think its just the officer being hopeful that Jayme is out there and alive still?

Let's try this one. Assume for a moment that the perp/perps are people who are known and trusted by the family. If Jayme escaped on the night of the incident, could she have a friend hiding her, and be afraid to come forward? A very distant possibility, but if police suspected it, it would explain the appeals to her, rather than to kidnappers. She could be in a situation whre she doesn't know who she can trust.

I've had strangers at bars confess to murder. One admitted to being a serial killer. I have no clue if they were lying, bragging or being honest.
If you think there's any truth to it you can report it to a cop and let them decide if it's credible.
But, when you live in a city or work at a bar I swear I heard crazy stories several times a night.
JMO but everyone who hears ish like that should report it to the police. If the person was joking well too bad so sad let that be a lesson for them ‍♀️

I'd like to think that I would run or put up a fight, but I'm an adult with quite a bit of experience in the world and she a young girl who had probably just seen the aftermath of her parents' murders. It's hard to know what her mental state was. Mine probably would not have been good.

What do we do when confronted with fear? I froze.:(
I attended a self defence course, held by the Police.
We were informed, on a particular day, there will be a 'staged attack'. We must fight, use all the skills we have learnt. Not to worry, as the guy will be padded.
I waited, all day.
Nothing happened.
On the way to the Defence Class, just outside, the entrance, I was attacked, with Police watching nearby.
I just stood there. Scared.:(:(:(

Totally off point but I just noticed an alert on my WS account which details ‘Trophy’points . Can I ask what this is ? Sorry I don’t mean to derail this important thread but it’s just flashed up and I don’t know why . Thanks in anticipation.

if he uses a 12ga then it is one of the louder there is, maybe not the loudest period, but one of. shooting one outdoors makes my teeth chatter from the boom, but indoors it was barely a pop. how much stuff around in a enclosed space makes the difference. couches etc absorb the sound. it wont be a end all test, but as for sound it will give a very good idea.
Yeah, maybe that would make a difference, I don't know. The house I was talking about was large and had alot of open space, maybe that's why it was so loud. I know the sound reverberates and bounces off the walls, and when heard inside can cause hearing loss. But I would still think it would be heard from outside the house. I was outside at the time of the murder I witnessed, and it was incredibly loud. Maybe if I was inside it would not have been as loud. Another thing I thought of is how far away the victim is from the gun. At very close range, I wonder if that would effect the sound. Like shooting through a pillow. I wish we had some gun experts on here.

I dunno. The 911 call apparently contained yelling. The implication is that there was some sort of struggle still ongoing at that point.

For the phone do die at that precise moment, is less likely than it being hung up.

I get what you're saying... and I'm not sold of my idea that the battery just died - but that might be a possibility is all I'm saying. There are other possibilities too as to why the phone suddenly stopped working that don't include someone grabbing it and turning off / battery dying... eg: someone is mortally wounded, there's blood everywhere - blood enters the device rendering it useless? Its already shattered from being dropped or thrown? Who knows. :(

Looks like bloodstains on that mattress. :(

I respectfully diagree. The video camera is selectively focusing on the mattress, which makes all of the leaves in the foreground closer to the camera go out of focus (blurry). You'll notice the leaves in the other part of the image have the same brownish/blurry quality as the areas of the mattress that appeared as "stains".
JMO

Looks like bloodstains on that mattress. :(

Don't believe what you're seeing! I examined that photo too and I believe what you think might be blood stains are blurry leaves on the trees. The camera was focussed on the mattress, not the leaves, so the settings the photographer used / lens used will affect how everything else looks in the photo. A professional photographer knows how to make some aspects of a photograph blurry quite intentionally to draw your eye to the actual subject, which in this case, is the mattress and LE.

I keep going back to the neighbors hearing what they thought was a gun shot that sounded like a car backfiring. Is it possible that they did, indeed, hear the perps car backfiring the second time, and the first shot was from the gun? They might have even heard other shots going off and not even realized it at the time- what triggered their memory was the second shot being loud like a car back firing. Maybe their brains only processed the last two shots because of that second one- as they mentioned in one interview, they thought it was possible that someone was hunting, which is why they didn't give it any thought.

So this is off the wall but. Years ago when it was just me and hubby he worked the swing shift. 4-12. Many nights he would call me and ask if I was still up and would like a pizza.
He'd stop and order a pizza, enjoy a beer then bring home hot, delicious pizza.
Didn't I read that dad worked that shift that day. Could he have been planning on enjoying pizza with his wife, family? Maybe stopped somewhere.

Just a thought.

Let's try this one. Assume for a moment that the perp/perps are people who are known and trusted by the family. If Jayme escaped on the night of the incident, could she have a friend hiding her, and be afraid to come forward? A very distant possibility, but if police suspected it, it would explain the appeals to her, rather than to kidnappers. She could be in a situation whre she doesn't know who she can trust.

I have wondered the same thing: they're not saying kidnapped, or abducted - just missing and endangered. Is it possible she ran away and successfully got away (to I have no idea where!) and that she is in hiding terrified of whatever she saw / heard and worried someone might be out to find and kill her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl