AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I KNOW a 12ga shot inside a home will be so much more quiet than anyone could ever think unless they have heard it for themselves. it sounds like a .22 or less.
Oh yes, I know what the results are. With all doors and windows shut an both of our houses pretty well insulated he’ll hear the shots outside. I’ll fire two shots in different directions to demonstrate how that affects the sound. I don’t expect we’ll hear shots fired inside my house at all. (And before anyone worries, I plan on having a police officer with me in case there are any concerns.)

Actually I have read meth heightens your awareness, not in a good way probably. And I have thought of road rage too.
There is rage with people on social media, affairs, bad debts, on and on. But which fits?

Re the fresh pair of eyes comment
If I may just pick up on that and explore it further ....

I’m a SIO (Senior Investigating Officer so serious Crime / murder etc , I would be in charge of the investigation).
Respectfully snipped to save space.

Thank you very much for your amazing post and explanation of how SIO's work on murder cases. It really helps to understand how these investigations work from a point of view of the folks like yourself who work these cases. I have nothing but respect for you all- this can't be an easy job to do!

I'm leaning toward her being somewhere in the background at the time James was shot. Possibly seated on or near the chair that looks splintered at the time the first shot was fired. IMO, the first shot killed James instantly. The second shot was seconds later and I think it was meant for Denise. Opinion subject to change at any moment... MOO
That sounds very plausible - I do think the suspect may have been window peeping - notice the blinds in the front half drawn? If they were up he could have been looking in - maybe James saw him and came to the door and he would have seen him going towards the door - still wanting the element of surprise?

It's a thought but they murdered her parents then kidnapped her away from her freedom so I don't think they care too much about her happiness. That's just my opinion though.

I agree that they may not care about her in a genuine way but if she is being held the captor may attempt to get things they think Jayme likes. When Kohlhepp held his victims he ordered some things on Amazon for them and he wrote reviews as if the items he purchased were for his "girlfriend". He asked the women what kind of food they wanted to eat and purchased fast food from specific places. His first female victim smoked a certain brand of cigarettes and he provided that brand for her. He wasn't giving these small comforts to them for their own benefit, though, as he was keeping the victims chained up inside a cage inside a shipping container. He got these items for them because it made them dependent on him and gave him more control-- he forced KB to perform certain acts before allowing her to eat, for example. Later when he was being interviewed by the arresting officers he bragged about providing things like certain food or the specific brand of cigarettes as if those gifts were evidence he "wasn't such a bad guy". In his sick mind he was doing his victims favors by bringing them things they wanted. That could be the type of person we are dealing with here. I hope someone notices if a person is suddenly buying things that don't makes sense... like a single man buying girls hair ties or jewelry or girls pajamas when he doesn't have a girlfriend or any children or any nieces to buy things like that for and lives alone. JMO.

I never thought of this. Maybe the perp did follow the dad home!
Praying you come home soon Jayme.

Sorry, I was replying to a post about the perp following dad home. I've got to work on my posting, etc.!

Anyone think the get together earlier in the day could've been a potential catalyst to all of this?

I don't think so because all of those family members would have been looked at very closely already. It was a young child's birthday party. The only people present were very close family members. I don't believe that any of those people slaughtered the parents and took this child. It makes no sense to me. JMO IMO

I was just thinking that it's not great timing to kidnap someone and hide them in the woods. It's hunting season. I would think any Hunter would not risk being found by all the other active hunters in cabins that are only used for hunting season if they were involved in a risk as big as kidnapping and murder, and then a get away within 4 minutes of the 911 call.

I'm not a hunter, so I can't say for sure. But the hunters I know have been planning their trips for the season, leaving no detail unattended for upcoming Deer and duck season. This seems pre meditated, but not well planned. MOO. What do you all think on that?

The reason I think it's important is the mentality could lead to a location. Somewhere close but hidden, they had alerted everyone early in the case, and LE would be watching surrounding hwys. They had to get off the road somewhere. I've looked at Google Earth, and I'm limited in my location so again bear with me...but LE has been stationed mostly west of Barron, and I'm wondering if they went east and hopped onto hwy 53, north or south. I know this has been talked about on the thread and I'm still reading and researching, if any of you could point me to that thread where exit strategy is looked at?
Is there a thread on suspected places? Do we have any locals who have knowledge of the area here?

Do we have an update on the cars they were looking for?

I see a lot of speculation on what LE knows. I really feel the focus needs to be on the type of crime we have and locating Jayme. LE and FBI have released what they feel is pertinent and speculation on it only draws focus away from the real need of making sure Jayme is found safe.

I watched video of all the search party volunteers . You're all doing a great job and I wish I could walk with you.
The drone footage is pretty incredible. A clear message is being sent. We will find the person(s) responsible.

They removed a mattress, nightstand and boxes when they went back.

I also noticed they were doing a lot of looking around the porch. Not sure if it’s significant.

IMO a cold blooded killer that just murdered 2 people, couldn’t care less about dehumanizing.

The family seemed cold. And appeared to be inticing Jayme with her dog, favorite drink, grandpa, etc. it was directed to Jayme. Almost as though they were reminding her of the things she loves. Possibly 1 of 2 reasons (1- to encourage Jayme to escape, give her strength to fight etc 2- simply just to ask her to come home)

Sorry, this may have been posted already but I'm behind. Is there video of them removing the Mattress, nightstand and boxes? TIA.

When I say Sunday School, I mean CCD classes. No one but a Catholic would know that CCD is essentially the same as Protestant Sunday school classes, so I used a term everyone would understand.
ccd is taught on weeknights, Su day School is mostly for kids to get church, without sitting in church getting bored,and it's geared to each grades level of understanding.

I’ve tried to keep up but will admit that I scrolled through some comments. Has a floor plan of the house been posted? I’ve looked at the county website and checked Realtor.com, Trulia and Zillow but couldn’t find one (not even a reference to square footage). Appraiser, here. I have inspected, measured and sketched thousands of houses. I have looked at photos of different views of the house. In doing so, I pictured the lay-out of the house in my mind and my theory of how the crime went down is based on that and known/reported facts.

Does anyway have a cache of all pictures posted. If so, can you post them in the “Media, Maps and Timelines” thread and alert me? I can then make a sketch/layout of a “probable” floor plan based on my professional opinion/experience.

I will alert Mods on this post to make sure it’s okay to develop a theoretical floor plan.
Page 1 of every thread has a compilation of news reports, pictures, etc. Plus TOS and reminders about victim blaming, sleuthing the family etc.

There is rage with people on social media, affairs, bad debts, on and on. But which fits?

What fits for me is "instant gratification". I am po'd and you are gonna pay. Rage on SM is displayed in non-face to face postings for the most part. That's not to say when the perp is disclosed, there will not be rage revealed on any SM sites he is on. Eg. School shootings etc. as in past cases.

Maybe I've heard too many stories of late about people who sent their DNA into 23andMe type sites and were shocked to find out that they don't match one of their parents, like not at all....But maybe just to verify there isn't someone out there with a well-hidden secret paternal stake in Jayme LE could bag some of Jayme's DNA (hairbrush or whatever) and have it analyzed/compared. Far, far out of left field theory but one that might explain why they kept/took Jayme alive.

Jayme looks just like her mom and has her dad's chin. I have no doubt whatsoever she was theirs. JMO. If she was not their biological child we would know by now. Even if a closely guarded secret, the FBI has her parents' DNA and likely has Jayme's as well from items collected from the home. They would find that out and be all over it. JMO.

most all are loud. the same gun may be more or less loud depending on the load of the shell. I personaly would associate a semi auto with a more rapid fire than the loud.
Thats what I was thinking. Rapid firing. I don't think I have ever heard that sound. All I know is like you said, they are all LOUD. They can be heard a mile away. I don't think they were mistaking concerning the amount they heard. Even inside, it can be heard, imo.

I think he made someone very angry. I believe it occurred that night and they followed him home. I think everything was done in a total rage. This violence only says to me intense anger..

I think a road rage incident is possible...maybe cars were racing or driving wildy, he honked, whatever...and was followed to his door. After that...went from bad to worse. Maybe Diane came out with a gun, so she was shot. And Jayme taken out of desperation/confusion. But not convinced either way.

Paul Blume replying to a Twitter user's questions re: yesterday's presser.

Paul Blume on Twitter

Mom's sister. But otherwise I can't get involved in speculation about what she said, why she said it, or who ultimately signed off on the direct plea to #JaymeCloss. I've seen family a few times and they are clearly reeling from the events of the last week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee