AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have clarified what I meant about the Starbucks standing out to me. It wasn't the drink itself. It was the body language while showing it that stood out of what was already an extremely emotional, draining speech. JMO & observation.

Objectively, appealing to a perpetrator who has already killed two people, is absolutely pointless.

Someone like that has more to lose by releasing her, than by keeping her captive. He’s not going to be swayed by emotion either.

They were trying to give Jayme hope.

Yes. As others have suggested, though, they also might've been trying to humanize her in the eyes of someone who might know the perp rather than in the eyes of the perp himself or herself.

What I saw was a bottled coffee drink. What was it, do you know? As I've said, I buy a vanilla flavored Starbucks cold bottled drink, but don't buy it often enough to know the name unless I'm looking at all of them in the upright cooler display.
I didn't see the presser, I had just read that her Aunt said her favorite drink was a frappuccino. When I hear frappuccino I think of the frozen drink they make. I forgot they call those bottled ones frappuccinos too.
Blackberries__Creme_Frappuccino_resized.JPG

Is it possible that there was a Starbucks bottle found at the scene and d DNA or fingerprints were recovered from it? And the FBI is sending a message like hey we're on to you.

Also I feel like the plea was very scripted and not as personal as it could have been and a bit emotionless. Maybe I portraying my feelings upon the speaker but I'm not sure I could do that without a single tear in my eye. Also I felt it weird that the plea seemed directed at Jamey and not the perp. The Aunt holding the dog seemed a bit more shaken.

Objectively, appealing to a perpetrator who has already killed two people, is absolutely pointless.

Someone like that has more to lose by releasing her, than by keeping her captive. He’s not going to be swayed by emotion either.

Good point. But! Let’s say she’s alive. The perp has spent the last week + with her. Isn’t it true that many times, the longer they spend with the captive, they more likely they are to sympathize with her. Why not at least try? I still find the strategy strange.

And I'm pretty sure that if she had any of those sexy or pouty poses on SM, someone would have found them by now and we would know about it. Jmo

Exactly. And I should add that even if she had those types of photos it would not mean anything or make her any less a victim. JMO.

Another question on my mind regarding the presser today. I found the language from the aunt to be directed toward Jayme, didnt seem to be appealing to the abductor. We didn’t see, Please let her go, I know you have a heart, she has a family. She loves her dog, she loves this and that and has so much potential. We more heard an appeal to Jayme herself. What does this mean to you?

agree but after reading here I've been persuaded that they might have been "back door" talking to the perp trying to humanize Jayme. More importantly and more likely I think they might have been talking to friends and family of the perp that have suspicions but haven't worked up the courage to call them in.

Good point. But! Let’s say she’s alive. The perp has spent the last

By this time, if she is being held...the perp DOES have all the power...and will have it until or unless she is rescued. He has managed to evade detection for ten days. Jmo but I would not be thinking that since two people were murdered in such a way this perp is open to tugging heart strings...jmo

I can’t make sense of it, other than the offender did have some time in the house before the shooting started. Pure speculation and no media source, so my opinion. I appreciate the good work here by a fisherman looking at the knots on the screen capture of the chair being taken out of the house (I scroll through the threads so quickly, I can’t seem to remember the names, like we all do) but that was interesting to me.

There is NO evidence provided by the media that anyone was tied to the chair, so hope that helps. And IMO, the ropes/laces looked clean cut across to me, in the pictures. Whether they were cut away from a cushion or something else, I don’t know.

Can someone share those pics of the chair?

I mean it could be one of those things where maybe someone is acting odd or strange and it goes unnoticed. When he does get caught people will see in hindsight something was off about them. I think anyway
Right, and they will all say he was normal, he was quiet, he was always polite, he went to work as usual and acted like nothing happened! Or something like that. Jmo

Good point. But! Let’s say she’s alive. The perp has spent the last week + with her. Isn’t it true that many times, the longer they spend with the captive, they more likely they are to sympathize with her. Why not at least try? I still find the strategy strange.
The FBI is very involved in this case. It is highly likely that they are the ones directing the messenging from law enforcement.

I don’t think that there has been a mistake here, or some sort of oversight.

Whatever the reasoning, I think it’s intentional.

By this time, if she is being held...the perp DOES have all the power...and will have it until or unless she is rescued. He has managed to evade detection for ten days. Jmo but I would not be thinking that since two people were murdered in such a way this perp is open to tugging heart strings...jmo
Agree. And I’ve seen a lot of profiles for killers where you pretend to give them the power to placate them. Why wouldn’t the emotional plea include some of both?

I can’t make sense of it, other than the offender did have some time in the house before the shooting started. Pure speculation and no media source, so my opinion. I appreciate the good work here by a fisherman looking at the knots on the screen capture of the chair being taken out of the house (I scroll through the threads so quickly, I can’t seem to remember the names, like we all do) but that was interesting to me.

There is NO evidence provided by the media that anyone was tied to the chair, so hope that helps. And IMO, the ropes/laces looked clean cut across to me, in the pictures. Whether they were cut away from a cushion or something else, I don’t know.

Can someone share those pics of the chair?
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

The FBI is very involved in this case. It is highly likely that they are the ones directing the messenging from law enforcement.

I don’t think that there has been a mistake here, or some sort of oversight.

Whatever the reasoning, I think it’s intentional.
Totally agree, on all of that. I’m wondering what we can infer from the unusual strategy.

It has to be cathartic for the family members as well, to stand up there and directly talk to their niece. Any way of communicating with her is helpful for them too I would say. And, if by chance she was able to see it, even better.

It has to be cathartic for the family members as well, to stand up there and directly talk to their niece. Any way of communicating with her is helpful for them to I would say. And, if by chance she was able to see it, even better.
Agreed. They are pretty powerless right now, but atleast they can feel a little bit better by having done something to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop