AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out how to make the picture of my fur baby small enough to be my avatar so I can join you all doing so for Jayme.

Anyways, I have been watching to many of those "spouse killing spouse to be with mistress" And "mistress killing husband and his wife because he broke up with her" Kinda shows on Netflix and have a teny tiny wonder if there is a possibility that might be what happened. If so though, I'd think they would figure that out pretty quickly here.

Just worried about Jayme and devastated for the family. Prayers for everyone involved!

Can we compare the recent pressers in the Mollie Tibbetts case? In those pressers, they were pleading to let her come home or for Mollie to come. We don’t hear that in this one. Why?

Probably because the circumstances are so different. This isn’t a simple kidnapping, it is a kidnapping that was preceded by a brutal double murder.

Their messaging is certainly different, but so is the situation.

Mollie was clearly the target. Jayme may have been directly targeted, or she was taken for some other reason.

Things are murky here, and different jurisdictions handle crimes differently.

It’s hard to say why it’s being handled the way it is.

But yeah, it is different.

Can we compare the recent pressers in the Mollie Tibbetts case? In those pressers, they were pleading to let her come home or for Mollie to come. We don’t hear that in this one. Why?

FBI is in charge of this case and they have specialized teams whose life work it is to determine the victimology and the criminology ( how the victim lives and acts and then the actions of the criminal upon the victim, to simplify).

In situation where there's a very young victim and likely the perp. is not known ( they may have some criminology on him/ them by now) the behavioral psych. analysis the FBI profilers provide is extremely useful in many cases to affect the outcome positively. I know they try their best, anyway. It's difficult to communicate with a psychopath criminal who's killed 2 people and taken a little girl hostage or killed her too.

Well, I think I have a different personal perspective on the Starbucks bottled coffee drink. It's NOT an unusual drink.

In fact, in the small supermarket in my private community, there's a clear cooler display of chilled Starbucks drinks. People here are hot most of the year, so I usually pick up something myself- a Vanilla something or the other ( I don't drink coffee so I don't know the name).

If we have it here, and the local area groceries also have it when I'm checking out with my grocery purchases, then what this tells me is that Starbucks is marketing their cold drinks in markets which likely don't have a huge walk- in Starbucks presence. Small towns all across the USA, IOW. We have a Starbucks, but it's empty every time I've been in, and the drive- thru is excruciatingly slow.
Right, again a way of humanizing her. Everybody likes starbucks. (well maybe not everyone) Many people like Starbucks, and Jayme likes Starbucks, just like him. Maybe. Jmo

Get back on topic, folks. This thread is about Jayme and only Jayme. Comparing descriptions of her to other victims doesn't help find her. Objectively speaking, she's not a large person, based on her stated weight and height. Nothing else needs to be said about her size. And yes, a 13 year old girl or boy is a child. That doesn't need to be debated.

The bottled drinks are in every grocery store, but the frap isn't a bottled drink.

What I saw was a bottled coffee drink. What was it, do you know? As I've said, I buy a vanilla flavored Starbucks cold bottled drink, but don't buy it often enough to know the name unless I'm looking at all of them in the upright cooler display.

I’m sure that’s a piece of it, but don’t you oh think different but techniques are used for different possible scenarios? I think we can probably learn from other cases.
I couldn't fairly answer this. As with cases like this I tend to be more focused on the missing, killed, the families left behind, and those who may have done this- more than the strategies of LE.

Can we put our profiling hats on and speculate about what we might be looking for in a perp? For instance, what does it mean about the perp that the door was shot in? What does it mean that at least one was tied up for some amount of time? Even what kind of people drive those kinds of cars? I’m thinking the muscle car might lead us to something. I know it’s all just speculation, but that’s just what profiles are.

In the Jacob Wetterling case which started in 1989, the FBI interviewed the killer although he was not caught until a couple of years ago.

Way back then, they set up the interview room and had an American flag as he was in the Guard, He didn’t crack, but I am saying this that even all that time ago FBI had a strategy.

Every word and scenario was crafted today for a purpose.

Do they know the perp but not where he is? Or do they have a profile for some reason?

It is hard to imagine that they would try to appeal to his humanity. I doubt if he has any.

To kill two people in cold blood does not seem too empathetic to me.

He had to get out of there fast because of the 9-11 call. Let us hope that evidence was inadvertently left.

Get back on topic, folks. This thread is about Jayme and only Jayme. Comparing descriptions of her to other victims doesn't help find her. Objectively speaking, she's not a large person, based on her stated weight and height. Nothing else needs to be said about her size. And yes, a 13 year old girl or boy is a child. That doesn't need to be debated.

You tell em, well said

Can we put our profiling hats on and speculate about what we might be looking for in a perp? For instance, what does it mean about the perp that the door was shot in? What does it mean that at least one was tied up for some amount of time? Even what kind of people drive those kinds of cars? I’m thinking the muscle car might lead us to something. I know it’s all just speculation, but that’s just what profiles are.
It would be easier to make some educated guesses here, if we had facts to work with.

We don’t know if anyone was tied up, the motive, or precisely how this crime went down. We also don’t even know for sure if those vehicles are even related to this crime.

Last edited:
During the Hannah Graham case I know that they also used some of the humanizing details to appeal to the family of the perp. In this case, maybe they're hoping someone close to him has suspicions and could potentially be guilted into turning the perp in to LE
I think there must be someone who knows him, and suspects him. Chances are they are following this on the news.

I'm talking about her dressy outfits and she's wearing a little lipgloss. She's very pretty.

Those were taken for her dance classes and are likely professionally retouched photos. I may be wrong, because I don't have facebook, but as far as I can tell those were not public photos on her social media prior to her disappearance. Maybe they were on her mom's page? I'm not sure. But it's far different from a teen trying to look older and putting that type of photo out there on her own social media.

Another question on my mind regarding the presser today. I found the language from the aunt to be directed toward Jayme, didnt seem to be appealing to the abductor. We didn’t see, Please let her go, I know you have a heart, she has a family. She loves her dog, she loves this and that and has so much potential. We more heard an appeal to Jayme herself. What does this mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj