AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tossing in my 2 cents because I haven’t been able to read other posts, WS has been down for me. My thought on watching the presser was that they were, literally, talking to Jayme, but I feel the intended purpose was definitely to try to appeal to the perp’s feelings. To humanize Jayme. I did, however, wonder if they were speaking to a female perp rather than male. The tone of it kind of just gave me that feeling. I know statistically, this is likely a male perp, but just something while watching it made me feel like this could be female, maybe even a mom. I think, without a doubt, they feel that the person who did this knows the entire family.

Do we know why her dad was divorced? Going with the female theory, maybe a mistress who killed Denise first, James either tries to kick her out of the house and she comes back and shoots him, or he comes home from work and is shot by her, then she grabs Jayme? Maybe she was trying to convince James and Jayme to leave with her? Kills Denise in the process? I don’t know. Just thinking out loud.

bringing up the Starbucks drink could give the suspect(s) the thought to purchase this drink for her if she is being held captive or could make others know to be on the lookout if there's been an unusual amount of this drink purchased or disposed of that could help locate her. Maybe...

Treading carefully here, but a few things did strike me as odd in this press conference. It was almost as if the family were trying to appeal to Jayme to come home...as if she had a choice in the matter.

I don't know...maybe I'm just tired and off my game.
More likely appealing to someone that may have her or someone who may know who has her. Very often these kinds of criminals think of the victim as an object, it is a way to humanize the victim. The more they know about her, the harder it is to kill her or harm her.

the coffee could just be something the aunt always got for her and the aunt just couldn't not get it. it could have been more for the aunt than anyone else. a emotional thing that helped her keep a better thought while she was speaking.

The coffee makes me think it’s someone who knew Jayme and knew her well.

Starbucks stood out to me as well.
The Starbucks could be a strategic means of humanizing Jayme to her captor. A way to show Jayme, not as an object (the sole purpose of which is to satisfy her captor's sick desires) but as a human being who has certain tangible things she likes, things even a sicko could relate to, including Starbucks (and a doggie).

jmo

Last edited:
Not sure the exact reasoning for bringing up the special interests of Jayme and the dog. I agree there is a reason.

Hopefully, Jayme is able to see the footage, but not sure. No doubt her abductor is. Hopefully, it allows for some humanity in his (or her, could be) next steps. Glad the dog has a new home and an owner who responds to his cues for affection. That is a little glimmer of sunshine on a horrible story.

This is my first post on here so a big hello to all Websleuthers!

One thing i noticed during the press conference earlier was the body language of the FBI officer. When asked if there was a suspect he was non-committal but he actually nodded his head a few times. I believe that, despite not saying anything, he is actually answering yes to the question by nodding his head. I hope this is true and that they do have a suspect.

My heart goes out to Jayme and all her family and friends in this case.

I am talking about a 13 year old teenager. You bring up as examples a 10 yr old, an 11 year old and a 13 yr old boy whose toothless 8-9 yr old grin is depicted on the thread. That is why you called him little. You saw him as a kid with no front teeth. Today in the news two 12 and 13 yr old girls planned a murder. A 12 yr old boy, Tamir Rice, was shot for playing with a BB gun in a park. No one thought they were little.

Elizabeth Smart, when she was kidnapped at age 12 ( almost 13) and now, pregnant with her 3rd child. See any differences? Of course you do.
Look at the photos of Jayme. Nothing else needed. She's very young, very small. Any adult would think so.

This is not about the outlier " children who harm others". It is about a MISSING girl in EXTREME DANGER, or already deceased. Humanity, dude, humanity.

Its possible. She's a very attractive girl and she looks more mature than 13 yrs old from her photo -- more like 15 or 16.

I don't know what photo you are going by but in every photo I've seen she looks younger than her age. JMO. In the most recent photos she looks just 13 but I wouldn't guess any older. She does not seem a mature 13 to me at all. She doesn't style her hair much or use lots of make-up. Her eyebrows are still natural. And she isn't wearing more adult clothing trying to look older. She doesn't try to make those pouty faces the older teens do to try to look sexy. She simply smiles a shy smile. There are not even any photos of Jayme that seem to be selfies-- all seem to have been taken by someone else. Although, you are free to disagree on perceived age or perceived maturity, I don't understand the point of debating it. She is actually 13 and just turned 13 in July-- 3 months ago. She is no where near the age of 15 or 16.

1symfkcpnfsrblfju4ihsmdmyb7in3mc6_0_1.jpg

The above 3 are the most recent photos I believe (denim jacket was the Sunday before).
Observance, search planned for missing girl Jayme Closs

5092458-6288639-image-a-14_1539826823179.jpg

Some of these above are older photos (from when she was younger)-- sparkly outfits are dance costumes, not her everyday look.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/18/02/5092458-6288639-image-a-14_1539826823179.jpg

Last edited:
You took the words right out of my mouth. The only things the Sisters/Aunts did was provide some info about Jamey, her special drink and bring her sweet little Mollie. The 'team' wrote the plea and the Aunt read it.

This is the FBI and LE at their finest. Never doubt they know exactly what they are doing. Long ago it would be the local LE that would bumble around. Now we have teams that set up office as soon a somebody goes missing.

This is searching 101 and it's just amazing watching this well oiled machine operate.
Showing the fav Starbucks beverage just might help find her. Perhaps someone’s been buying quite a few of those these last 2 weeks.

I don't know what photo you are going by but in every photo I've seen she looks younger than her age. JMO. In the most recent photos she looks just 13 but I wouldn't guess any older. She does not seem a mature 13 to me at all. She doesn't style her hair much or use lots of make-up. Her eyebrows are still natural. And she isn't wearing more adult clothing trying to look older. She doesn't try to make those pouty faces the older teens do to try to look sexy. She simply smiles a shy smile. There are not even any photos of Jayme that seem to be selfies-- all seem to have been taken by someone else. Although, you are free to disagree on perceived age or perceived maturity, I don't understand the point of debating it. She is actually 13 and just turned 13 in July-- 3 months ago. She is no where near the age of 15 or 16.

The above 3 are the most recent photos I believe (denim jacket was the Sunday).

Some of these above are older photos-- sparkly outfits are dance costumes, not her everyday look.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/18/02/5092458-6288639-image-a-14_1539826823179.jpg

Totally agree. If you had shown me the pics and asked me to guess, I would have said a youngish twelve.

Just tossing in my 2 cents because I haven’t been able to read other posts, WS has been down for me. My thought on watching the presser was that they were, literally, talking to Jayme, but I feel the intended purpose was definitely to try to appeal to the perp’s feelings. To humanize Jayme. I did, however, wonder if they were speaking to a female perp rather than male. The tone of it kind of just gave me that feeling. I know statistically, this is likely a male perp, but just something while watching it made me feel like this could be female, maybe even a mom. I think, without a doubt, they feel that the person who did this knows the entire family.

Do we know why her dad was divorced? Going with the female theory, maybe a mistress who killed Denise first, James either tries to kick her out of the house and she comes back and shoots him, or he comes home from work and is shot by her, then she grabs Jayme? Maybe she was trying to convince James and Jayme to leave with her? Kills Denise in the process? I don’t know. Just thinking out loud.
Unsure. I brought up the woman perp theory a few days back. It’s possible. Heck I guess anything is possible. Probable? Likely not. Let’s keep thinking though and see what happens.

Totally agree. If you had shown me the pics and asked me to guess, I would have said a youngish twelve.

I agree. If you look at her social media and the comments she has posted on friends' pages, she speaks and writes like a little girl too. Her page is full of pink sparkles and glitter and she posts how pretty her friends are. Children are allowed to be children.

bringing up the Starbucks drink could give the suspect(s) the thought to purchase this drink for her if she is being held captive or could make others know to be on the lookout if there's been an unusual amount of this drink purchased or disposed of that could help locate her. Maybe...

Well, I think I have a different personal perspective on the Starbucks bottled coffee drink. It's NOT an unusual drink.

In fact, in the small supermarket in my private community, there's a clear cooler display of chilled Starbucks drinks. People here are hot most of the year, so I usually pick up something myself- a Vanilla something or the other ( I don't drink coffee so I don't know the name).

If we have it here, and the local area groceries also have it when I'm checking out with my grocery purchases, then what this tells me is that Starbucks is marketing their cold drinks in markets which likely don't have a huge walk- in Starbucks presence. Small towns all across the USA, IOW. We have a Starbucks, but it's empty every time I've been in, and the drive- thru is excruciatingly slow.

The above 3 are the most recent photos I believe (denim jacket was the Sunday).

Some of these above are older photos-- sparkly outfits are dance costumes, not her everyday look.
I'm talking about her dressy outfits and she's wearing a little lipgloss. She's very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member