AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

Please tell me what Jayme's disappearance could be if not an abduction, or a murder with her body not yet found?

Unfortunately, sorry to say, death by natural elements. If she run out of the house very much distraught in pyjama and very likely bare foot. Temperature at night was not good and hypothermia is very real thing.

Very recently missing guy was found, I think in PA, just a mile away from his house. After 12 years...

We don’t know for sure that he did open that door. It’s possible that it was kicked in because he wouldn’t open it.

It’s also possible that he opened it slightly, and at that point the perpetrator forced it in.

There’s no way of knowing, atleast right now.
You could very well be right. Dispatch was notified that the door had been kicked in.
Here is what is on the Timeline:
  • 10/15/18 00:31 - Neighbors report hearing two loud gunshots within a few seconds [27]
  • 10/15/18 00:53:26 - 911 call received per dispatch log [22]
  • 10/15/18 00:56:01 - dispatched units to residence [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:00:30 - dispatched units arrive on scene. [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:03 - dispatch is advised of possible suicide attempt. Requested assistance, first responders. [22]
  • 10/15/18 1:05:19 - dispatch is advised of one male down, multiple rounds spent. [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:06:19 - dispatch is advised to request ERT; door has been kicked in, male who is down had answered the door. [22]

Barron County Sheriff's Department
These are three images of the two vehicles of interest that we determined were in the area of the Closs home at the time of the incident regarding the disappearance of missing and endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs. Again, these are ONLY vehicles of interest.

If anyone sees or has seen either of these vehicles in or around Barron County over the past two weeks they are asked to call our tip line 1-855-744-3879 with the time they observed it, location observed and plate number. Again we are only taking tips based on the below information, no other makes or models will be followed up on.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

Re the cars, there are two possible meanings when a specific car has been declared "cleared".

It could mean "we determined that's not the car from the video"

Or it could mean "that IS the car from the video and we determined that it's not related to this case."

Re the cars, there are two possible meanings when a specific car has been declared "cleared".

Or it could mean "that IS the car from the video and we determined that it's not related to this case."
If the latter was true, they certainly would have made the public aware of that by now.

They wouldn’t want people looking for a car that they are no longer interested in.

Yeah, absolutely. It was in 2005 and I was a single mom. Had recently gotten out of a bad relationship (left my ex after learning he was into some bad drugs and criminal activity). It was a standard night: feed the kid, bathe the kid, bedtime story, then some me time for a bath, cocktail and a good book. I went to bed.

Around 3:30 am, there must’ve been a knock at the door. I barely even remember going to the door; I think I was not quite fully awake. I didn’t see anyone right away. When the door was open, a guy jumped from the cornerside of the porch, grabbed my arm and yanked me outside and put a gun to my throat.

I was so scared. All I could think of was my daughter, who was about 25 feet away sleeping inside in her room. The door was still open and I was scared she’d come out looking for me, because he was screaming about money. I was frantically trying to think of anything I could give him (I was a young, poor single mom then) and he started shaking me and screaming at me asking where my ex was. I told him I didn’t know. I was so scared and my arm hurt badly (he dislocated my shoulder jerking me outside).

Thank god, at that moment, a car drove past the road in front of my house. It must’ve startled him and he ran to his truck and peeled tires out. I ran inside, locked the door and called 911. They caught him (and his girlfriend who was apparently in the truck the whole time) about 10 miles away.

They were apparently some tweakers who had bad business with my long-estranged ex and came looking for him, though we’d been split up for (almost 2) years. Wrong address, wrong person. The guy was charged with pointing and presenting and some other stuff and the girl went to jail also because she had a probation violation or warrant of some sort. I moved very far away shortly after.
Holy ****! So glad you’re ok!!

Is it possible he heard commotion at the door, went to check it out, when he got close they were able to gain entry after kicking it repeatedly, OR, he heard kicking and tanked it open, but either way, once he openedor the door was kicked open, he got shot, fell back, and the intruder stepped over the threshold and went after mom?

Or is it also possible the intruder tried to kick in the front door, it didn't work, so he went to the back, (or there were two of them), got in and shot the dad, then chased and shot the mom and then went after Jayme, but dad survived for a few moments after being shot and staggered to the front door trying to escape, opened it and fell in his tracks?
I had thought of something like your first paragraph, but slightly different. I was wondering if the guy tried to kick the door in (or tried to ram it with his shoulder) and Dad (two JCs is too confusing for me)went over, turned on the outside light to see what was going on just as the guy managed to kick in the door. That could have put them both a bit off balance, Dad may have opened the door a bit to go after him, and the other guy took a step back and shot him. I've been wondering, although not real seriously, if the first quieter shot was actually the door breaking open. Would that be loud enough to hear that far away? I would expect DC to have followed her husband into the room when he went to check the door, and to turn and run when he was shot. There are so many different ways things could have gone from that point that I'm not even going to speculate this time. MOO

This is the point of the case I hate the most, when new info slows to nearly a standstill and we’re ending our week pretty much where we started. We’ve all got our own theories and most of them can’t be ruled out so we just rehash the same stuff and bicker about the details. Let’s hope something new comes out soon.

1) LE said the only word they could make out was "help".
2) Dispatcher coded it as a 911-hangup. The first LEO on the scene saw the feet in the doorway and advised dispatch it could be a suicide/attempt, and had her dispatch EMS to stage.

Not sure how they would be confident even then. Could be a female bad guy.

The door itself was broken. Appears to be 2" or thicker, solid wood.

Maybe the phone was shot.
There is no LE source saying anyone was in the bathroom.

Thank you. Hmm.

Or it could mean "Yes, this car looks just like the one we're looking for but the owner of the car has been cleared so this is not the car. We still have many more cars that look just like this one to go. Keep calling in the tips, people."

This is the point of the case I hate the most, when new info slows to nearly a standstill and we’re ending our week pretty much where we started. We’ve all got our own theories and most of them can’t be ruled out so we just rehash the same stuff and bicker about the details. Let’s hope something new comes out soon.
Yup. I think that when and if there is a break, it will catch us completely by surprise. Just like in the Mollie Tibbetts case.

We’ve been running in place for over a week now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member