AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has to have water. She probably won’t eat plants in the woods or fish. I wouldn’t. And you have to kill and clean a fish. So if she’s eating, is there a summer cabin or somewhere she can steal food from?
Or somebody could leave food out, like they do for feral cats somewhere. And water?
The thing is, if she ran out, she’s not still out there alive or she would have come out by now.

She was most likely taken, IMO.

Do you know which way the door is facing? It was removed from the hinge and is leaning against the inside wall. Either the inside or the outside could be facing us. I *think* it's the inside because the color seems different than the photos of the original door, but it's hard to be sure about the color on the original, because of the glare on the storm door.
To me it looks like part of the original door (like a couple inches) is still attached to the jam via latch ( maybe deadbolt).
This is from looking at a pic that was on here earlier.

To me it looks like part of the original door (like a couple inches) is still attached to the jam via latch ( maybe deadbolt).
This is from looking at a pic that was on here earlier.
I posted another picture of it on post 551, 2 pages back. (Sorry I don't know how to link it.) Zoom in and you can see it's leaning against the wall, and that the edge we see is one of the original edges, but broken starting partway down.

Good point... I was wondering how LE knew for certain Jayme was home at that time .
Sometimes girls have sleepovers, even on weekends or school nights ; or Jayme could've been staying with a relative.
Was the caregiver supposed to come over later on Monday ? In case both parents worked until late and someone needed to be with Jayme ?
Or was the caregiver there only for when both parents were working the same shift or double shifts ?

Agreed. I read that a while back as well.
And, IF this was the case... surprised that LE haven't been advising more locals to lock up at night, and to use caution when accessing outbuildings, barns, sheds, etc.

But it's as if LE want people to know they (i.e., locals) aren't in danger.

I keep veering from "LE know more than they're saying" .... to " LE unfortunately do not know anymore than the general public".

And if LE have no clue as to whom may have abducted Jayme (yes I used the "A" word-- since I feel she was taken) --- why aren't they informing the general public that there's a perp on the loose who killed two people, took a minor-- and to be careful ?
Amber Alerts are used for abductions, correct ?

I was wondering if the Closs family owned firearms.
Will try to find a link.
If the murderer knew this--- may explain the brutality of the killings. As if the perp had to quickly get things under his control.

Such a sad and baffling case.
Forgive me I am not a Dodge fan... charger, challenger, they are pretty much the same to me.
Charger 4 door. Challenger 2 door.

I know this is way out in left field, but that never stops me from embarrassing myself by sharing my thoughts. What if the guy wasn't planning any of what happened to begin with. Is it possible that someone on some heavy drugs (or alcohol) was going through the vehicles looking for something to steal and found a hunting rifle or shotgun in the truck. Mollie starts barking and growling because she hears him out there, and Dad goes to check it out. The guy is close to the house at the time, and even after turning on the exterior light, Dad doesn't see him. Thinking there's a bear, raccoon or something out there, Dad opens the door and shoots in the air to scare it off. That startles the thief who was fairly close to the door and wasn't thinking clearly, so he opens the screen door and shoots through the inside door to retaliate. He hears Dad fall to the floor and forces the door open. When he does that, he hears DC scream and sees her run into the other room. He goes after her and shoots her too. He wanders around looking for things in the house to steal, but JC comes out of her bedroom to see what woke her up. He's trying to shut her up because she's too small for him to consider her a threat. DC calls 911 but dies before she can say anything. He grabs JC and she yells for help as he's dragging her toward the front door (or her bedroom, whatever) and passes DC's body on the way. He notices the phone and hears the 911 operator asking if anyone is there. He kicks the phone and drags or carries JC with him to get out of there before they send LE to the house. He would also have been likely to grab whatever Dad had shot out the door too since it would be something he'd be able to sell.

It may be less than believable, but you have to admit it's original. MOO

Last edited:
Here is one of the pictures of the broken wooden door. There was another one that showed the bigger picture and then this closer up one right next to it but this is the first one I found. Tough to even know what thread to go to when looking for something specific.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

So I asked hubby to make sure our front door was more secure and when he looked at this image he said that if that vertical bright area is the pin side of a door hinge it would mean the door opened outward and that would be awkward with a storm door.

I told him my sleuther friends had been discussing this door at length and I was sure they could answer this question.

Sorry I have not been able to keep up on all the posts for the past couple of days but figured you guys would have the answer.

thanks.

There are some clearer photos that show a wider angle. My impression from seeing the full view was that they have taken the door off the hinges and removed the broken frame (jam? I'm not sure on my door part terminology, lol) in order to take both in for evidence. I was thinking that either the door or part of the frame is leaning against the wall just inside the house next to the open doorway. We only see part of the damage to something due to the angle of the photo, but I'm not sure if it is the door itself or part of the door frame. It's hard to figure out what is damaged.
JMO.

I think what you are seeing is a picture of destroyed door jam. The picture was taken at a weird angle. The metal hinge looking thing is actually the storm door latch. Both the storm door and wooden door knobs/latches are on the same side.

Are you sure about the doors both having knobs/latches on the same side? Why was I under the impression they were opposite hinged? :oops: Is there a photo or video that shows the wooden door in place without the storm door? TIA.

I know this is way out in left field, but that never stops me from embarrassing myself by sharing my thoughts. What if the guy wasn't planning any of what happened to begin with. Is it possible that someone on some heavy drugs (or alcohol) was going through the vehicles looking for something to steal and found a hunting rifle or shotgun in the truck. Mollie starts barking and growling because she hears him out there, and Dad goes to check it out. The guy is close to the house at the time, and even after turning on the exterior light, Dad doesn't see him. Thinking there's a bear, raccoon or something out there, Dad opens the door and shoots in the air to scare it off. That startles the thief who was fairly close to the door and wasn't thinking clearly, so he opens the screen door and shoots through it to retaliate. He hears Dad fall to the floor and forces the door open. When he does that, he hears DC scream and sees her run into the other room. He goes after her and shoots her too. He wanders around looking for things in the house to steal, but JC comes out of her bedroom to see what woke her up. He's trying to shut her up because she's too small for him to consider her a threat. DC calls 911 but dies before she can say anything. He grabs JC and she yells for help as he's dragging her toward the front door (or her bedroom, whatever) and passes DC's body on the way. He notices the phone and hears the 911 operator asking if anyone is there. He kicks the phone and drags or carries JC with him to get out of there before they send LE to the house. He would also have been likely to grab whatever Dad had shot out the door too since it would be something he'd be able to sell.

It may be less than believable, but you have to admit it's original. MOO

I like it, sounds like a believable scenario IMO.

Very smart. I am of the mind that there generally very little good going on after dark.* I also now have guns and know how to use them.

*My grandma used to say, “You aren’t allowed to go out alone at night, little lady! The only things open after dark are legs and liquor joints!” I used to laugh, but it’s probably solid advice.

Hilarious!!! ;););)

Barron County Sheriff's Department

sherrifs office posted nothing going on in barron
Chris Fitzgerald on Twitter

Paul Blume on Twitter
This should silence all the #JaymeCloss rumors tonight on social media. It's why trusted media sources don't run with uncorroborated information. Thx all for following & inquiring. Please stay focused on mission to #FindJaymeCloss

Paul Blume on Twitter
Med helicopter landed at Barron Hospital. Because of layout there. A pair of sheriff deputies are needed to block the entrance for the transport. Sheriff tells me this kind of thing happens at least 2x/week. As sheriff noted & our sources confirmed, NOT #JaymeCloss related

This town must be on edge. Rumors running wild over a routine medical transport.
JMO. :rolleyes::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member