AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just like LE is going back over with a second set of eyes I wish or would hope that they would also get another k9 sniff. dogs could miss something just like a human. she could be right there somewhere.
Did they bring cadaver dogs out there yet? Yes another search of these neighbors property and other areas around it with cadaver dogs would be be good.

It occurred to me that prior to this tragedy, there was attention on the Barron area due to The Voice contestant. That would have brought an influx of new people temporarily. Perhaps someone with an otherwise clean record, acting on impulse, leaves the area unbeknownst to most. This would explain why there's no "obvious to the locals" person who hasn't missed work, school, changed their habits, missed appointments, etc.

Link to article/video:
'The Voice' contestant plays show at Jayme Closs' school

What doesn’t make sense to me with these kinds of theories is the kicking in of the door. It seems more personal to me. Just my opinion but I just can’t believe it was random due to that fact.

I was wondering, if Jayme ran out of the house, and was caught shortly after.
Investigations ?? near the home, may aid in this instance.
MOO.

In this article, it is mentioned that LE had done first and secondary searches on the home and surrounding area. I think it's safe to say that the surrounding area would include the JS/TS outside areas, since they lived next door and their property is adjacent. Jmo

What happened to Jayme?

The Barron County Sheriff's Department and the FBI said there are no suspects at this time and they are unsure of what happened to Jayme. They've done first and secondary searches on the home and surrounding area, deployed drones and infrared equipment and have been in contact with Jayme's family and her middle school friends.

Wisconsin girl missing 4 days: What we know about Jayme Closs' disappearance and her parents' death

I'm sure she's not in the search area. There might be a case or two where authorities searched an area repeatedly and it turned out later that the victim was there, but that's really rare. With the technology available these days and the manpower at their disposal, it's overwhelmingly likely she'd have been found by now if she was in that area.

I'm curious did these neighbors drive cars that fit the description of the vehicles LE put out or do they know of anyone coming to their house that does?

I believe I read that the neighbor told LE that she had seen a similar orange challenger at the Jenny-O plant parking lot and that this car and the person driving it was cleared.

...Unfortunately they have gone out of their way to comment to media.

I would guess that the Smrekars have had a steady stream of reporters banging on their door since this happened, since they obviously can't get anyone else in the community to talk, so I doubt they needed to go "out of their way" to be interviewed.

Something to remember too is that when the media quotes a speaker, they simply do not always write, word for word, what was said. That can make a lot of difference on a site like this.

Did they bring cadaver dogs out there yet? Yes another search of these neighbors property and other areas around it with cadaver dogs would be be good.
to be clear about what I myself thinks...I do not at all think neighbors have anything to do with it. I just think she could have gotten outside the house and not be found.

These people are merely witnesses to a crime. They have no reason to worry about “self incrimination.”
I want to acknowledge that their house was searched as part of the rule out and nothing has been mentioned about them being POI, but if by chance this thing would go to trial, they are not lending themselves to be credible witnesses for whatever it may be worth. MOO
" In the days since, investigators from the FBI to local law enforcement have searched the Smrekar’s home and yard along with the those of their neighbors looking for clues." (Bolded by original article )
Dozens of volunteers help in foot search for missing Wisconsin 13-year-old

I want to acknowledge that their house was searched as part of the rule out and nothing has been mentioned about them being POI, but if by chance this thing would go to trial, they are not lending themselves to be credible witnesses for whatever it may be worth. MOO
" In the days since, investigators from the FBI to local law enforcement have searched the Smrekar’s home and yard along with the those of their neighbors looking for clues." (Bolded by original article )
True. They could hurt the investigation and ultimate prosecution if they make statements that are inconsistent.

But they aren’t risking any sort of legal jeopardy by telling the media what they heard, consistent or not.

Last edited:

If this goes to trial (which I firmly believe it will) any inconsistency in media statements from this couple will likely be far outweighed by the rest of the evidence that will be presented by the prosecution. JMO

I can only hope the lack of info is because they are very set on who did this and they don’t want to put Jayme in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme