AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting the odds that Jayme is alive today, from my earlier post:

• 46.8% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead in less than an hour .

• 76.2% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within the first 4 hours.
  • 88.5% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within the first 24 hours.
  • 97.9% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within 7 days."

These are horrid statistics.
I wonder, if there are similar statistics available where abducted children, are found alive.
Perhaps I have missed them, if previously listed here.

I keep thinking about how people in that area often don't lock their doors. Yet this door was kicked in. Did they feel they needed to lock their door this night or was it locked by the perp after entering and James kicked it when he got home later? Just speculating. jmo
I get the feeling that they know this was a targeted attack and, while using caution, have not gone to great lengths of security.

James kicking the door in is an interesting notion.

But in a blitzkrieg attack, it can be very effective to paralyze even for a moment defensive response - another interesting notion, and I will stay with the sturm und drang of the second one.

Haven't been following until now but wondered from beginning why they are using such a terrible picture of Jayme for missing? Why not use a picture where she has her head up looking straight at the camera? It would be difficult to ID her from the picture on the alert.
I think, the pic is very well chosen, because JC is looking like 13 year olds are, when they are sitting at a table, celebrating a maybe uninteresting birthday party and when they are bored - just a normal teen. Not an adult-looking beauty who photogenic smiles at the camera. If she now is indeed seen somewhere, she will rather looking like that: a teenager, not shining at all (because very stressed). IMO

It's called the Castle Doctrine: Wisconsin Castle Doctrine Explained | Grieve Law LLC Milwaukee & Brookfield, Wisconsin
In Wisconsin, the law on self-defense generally states you may employ lethal force to defend yourself or another if you or they are in reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm. Castle Doctrine changes the rules of retreat and when one can use force in their dwelling, workplace or motor vehicle to provide heightened protections from both criminal prosecution and civil liability if one uses defensive force.

The court or jury may no longer consider whether the actor (a homeowner in his home, business owner or operator in their business or motorist in their motor vehicle) had the opportunity to flee. You may now "stand your ground" in these locations. Now, if someone breaks in the front door of your dwelling, or is in the process of breaking in the front door you do not need to flee out the back door; instead you may choose to stand your ground and the new law shall presume you reasonably believed lethal force was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.
In Colorado, where I have lived for the last 35 years it is called the "Make my Day Law" and yes I am serious - Google it.

The thing that keeps coming back into my mind is: An adult has been with Jayme in the biblical sense and has gotten nervous because he knows it is against the law and mom & dad may have figured it out. He goes to the house to do in mom and dad and take Jayme with. The perp and victim are in a Wisconsin lake cabin waiting for things to cool down and make their escape. The red car pulled out of the Fox River means there will be a need for another vehicle and the location to focus on is no longer in the Barron area.

With my luck figuring out which lottery numbers to pick I think I know where this theory is going.

I carry, but I don’t keep it in the car when I’m not there. To easy for someone else to get their hands on it.

The person we're discussing here murdered two people and likely kidnapped another. I don't think they're making rational decisions or worrying about best practices when it comes to firearm safety.

Reposting the odds that Jayme is alive today, from my earlier post:

• 46.8% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead in less than an hour .

• 76.2% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within the first 4 hours.
  • 88.5% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within the first 24 hours.
  • 97.9% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within 7 days."

Thank you for posting these. I think I have read your post at least 4 or 5 times. It's quite eye-opening. It's a bit of a reality check reading this... Poor, poor Jayme.

Jana, sending much love and many hugs.

tmar.... what a beautiful thought. Thank you.

Thank you buttonbaby.
I cannot take the credit, for that beautiful phrase.
As it was so moving, I answered Jana, who stated it, and so I included the beautiful phrase, in my reply.

I also have written this phrase, so I can visibly see it, placing it in the lounge room, to remind me, when thinking of my departed family, friends, neighbours and pets.

I wonder what is it that made LE state with certainty that JC was in the house at the time of the attack? AFAIK, her voice was not heard on the 911 call and it was not made from her phone.
In thread #1 in the time line, the Sheriff stated: "We believe Jayme was home on the evidence in our case. Some of it from that 911 call and some of it is part of the active investigation, and we’re not able to comment on why we believe that.” [18]

I've only come up with a partial theory of the beginnings of what happened that night. I assume Jayme was in bed as it was after midnight and there was school in the morning. I think James came home from work and was relaxing, not in bed because he would have been wound up from work. Denise, I believe was waiting up for James. I think the perp pulled up in the driveway and approached the front door. I think James opened it because it was someone he knew and didn't feel threatened until he saw the gun, then tried to shut the door. The perp kicked the door in and shot James right as he came inside the door, Denise ran for Jayme and pulled her into the bathroom with her, dialed 911. The perp broke into the bathroom and grabbed Jayme, then shot Denise. I think Jayme was groggy from being woke up and the commotion, and went willingly with the perp because he was familiar to her, and he threatened her (and maybe to kill her dog next) I think whoever the perp is is known to the family, at least an acquaintance. and had some kind of interest/obsession with Jayme.

Just want to add: I don't think a shotgun was used as I believe most people who live near the forest or woods know what a shotgun blast sounds like. I don't think the neighbors reported that specifically
This is essentially what I believe and haven’t made the effort to say it. Thanks for posting this.

Someone breaks down the front door in the middle of the night, kills the parents and takes the young teen female.
That's what apparently happened. That sounds like someone obsessed with Jayme and going to have her at any price.
Do we know anything else?

Someone breaks down the front door in the middle of the night, kills the parents and takes the young teen female.
That's what apparently happened. That sounds like someone obsessed with Jayme and going to have her at any price.
Do we know anything else?

Essentially, we don't even know that do we? That someone just turned up and broke the door down? I don't know, I'm beginning to feel like we know less and less as the days go by.

Good morning all, and thanks for allowing me to this group. I've been following this thread for awhile and figured it was about time I got involved. I grew up in the area and possibly can help shine some light on a few things.

1) The firing of guns at night. I have and known others to shoot a skunk or 2 at night. Not as sport, but not wanting them to tangle with my dogs, they carry rabies and of course I hated dealing with a skunk sprayed dog. Also, individuals coon hunt, that's at night also because they are nocturnal.

2) If Jayme would have fled the house and hid in the woods they would have found her, because they deployed Infra-red equipment, and if she was killed outside, they would have found blood and why take the body when they already left 2.

3) The area does have a history of meth. Other drugs also. Here's a link to a growing operation located about 12 miles from Barron... Marijuana, monkeys found in Comstock barn

4) Last year, remains were found in Maple Grove Township, you go on the otherside of the hwy 8, where the Closs's lived and you are in Maple Grove township. Analysis of skeletal remains leads to homicide investigation in Barron Co. - Wausau Pilot & Review
I'm beginning to wonder if this may be related, ie.. the perp killed someone, got away with it and decided he liked the feeling and stepped it up a notch. Then not killing Jayme, because he just couldn't do it. Maybe has a child of his own.

5) <modsnip - topic not allowed>.

6) <modsnip. - topic not allowed>.

7) Keeping on track, I'm thinking the perp is possibly from JC's work, This would explain the town meeting where no press was there. This would blow up big time, local, national as well as world. tying it all together, <modsnip - not allowed>. This stuff does not happen here.

8) oh yeah. Jayme? she has green eyes, she's a trophy!

Thanks Papa.
Welcome.
:):):):):):)
Your first post, and you certainly 'helped shine some light here'.
Being local, hearing of these murders must be very frightening, to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381