AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you carry in your car it’s considered extension of your home. So it’s legal.

Editing because I looked on the website. And no it’s NOT legal to carry in a vehicle in Wisconsin without a permit ... sorry @MsBetsy .. :)
Wisconsin Open Carry - USA Carry
The article clearly stated it is illegal. I don't know how else to interpret it.

Perhaps JC occasionally visited one of her parents at the JO plant for some time. Don't know, if this was allowed because I don't know, which position their parents had, if they both had a single bureau or if hygiene regulations had to be observed or not. At the plant, IF Jayme was a visitor, different men could have seen her (with pleasure) and would have known, to which parent she belonged.
Another thought, I had: Why does nobody contemplate to the possibility, that both females were the target ie. for sex assault and not only the teenager girl?

Of course it's completely possible but I guess that it is mostly assumed Jayme was the only target because she was the only one to be taken. And presumably not killed.

These are horrid statistics.
I wonder, if there are similar statistics available where abducted children, are found alive.
Perhaps I have missed them, if previously listed here.

Yes, the entire post I originally made from the DOJ website on violence against juveniles states this as well:
"Approximately 40% of these children ( abducted by stranger or slight acquaintance) are murdered or never recovered."

What this means, then, is encouraging. 60% ARE recovered alive, if I'm interpreting their statement correctly. :)

Thank you, Tmar, for helping me see the statistics in a more positive light. The thought of losing hope for Jayme being alive just makes me sick!
You are a beautiful soul. Thanks again. :)

Yes, the entire post I originally made from the DOJ website on violence against juveniles states this as well:
"Approximately 40% of these children ( abducted by stranger or slight acquaintance) are murdered or never recovered."

What this means, then, is encouraging. 60% ARE recovered alive, if I'm interpreting their statement correctly. :)

Thank you, Tmar, for helping me see the statistics in a more positive light. The thought of losing hope for Jayme being alive just makes me sick!
You are a beautiful soul. Thanks again. :)
60% recovered alive, because murder wasn’t on the offender’s mind.

This guy has killed already, and would only stand a chance of getting away with this, if he kills her.

The odds are grim here.

The number #8 creeps me out a little. How does green eyes equate to this young lady being a trophy? No child missing would be a "trophy" in my world.

Welcome to the threads.
I understand (I think), what was meant by that, but I wonder: are green eyes the most attractive ones to evil perps??

I agree with you Mingy, about Jayme.
She possibly made the 911 call, hung up, turned phone off.
Then Jayme ran out, only to be caught by the Perpetrator, and 'taken' away.
MOO.
Interesting scenario. The Sheriff stated they located the phone that was used to make the call. They will be able to tell when and at what time any calls were made or received. If it was turned off, they can locate inside the phone what time it was shut off. And whose fingerprints are on it.

I think that other people are right about the perpetrator running out of bullets. It's just a theory, but I'm sure the investigators have figured out what type of gun was used and counted the bullets. I know very little about guns but that feels like what happened here.

I think, the Poster, you replied to, was stating the Perpetrator did not risk shooting Jayme, as she was now outside.
Probably neighbours would hear.
But, running out of bullets is also a possibility.
MOO.

That’s what I think. Someone obsessed with her. Or someone she met online. Definitely someone much older than her. It’s also possible that she was initially involved with this person in some way, and she got in way over her head. She’s only 13. Kids that age can be irrational and say things they don’t mean- their emotions are all over the place. There can be a very wide maturity gap amongst girls that age- some are still very much little girls and some are already acting like they are 21. I’ve noticed this amongst my children’s friends.
You may be very correct, but Jayme had a caretaker, and it appears her mother accompanied her to most functions.

Yes, I see, but it is still illegal to open carry in a vehicle. I'm not saying I don't think he had a gun in his car. I'm sure he did, since a gun was used in the crime. The only other option is that he used a gun belonging to James, but I don't think that's the case in this situation. Jmo
Seems like these laws change almost annually or even more frequently! I just spent some time looking up the laws just for Wisconsin and have found much conflicting information. Frustating! 2 sites here full of info:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/wisconsin.pdf

How to know if you are carrying your firearm legally

I understand (I think), what was meant by that, but I wonder: are green eyes the most attractive ones??

Green eyes are unusual and draw attention. One of my children has very striking green eyes. She is a very pretty child in general and draws a lot of attention, especially from men- I don’t mean in a completely creepy way- but guys will smile at her, speak to her, give her things. She’s only 7. I keep a close eye on all my children, but that one makes me particularly nervous. When we travel in countries where blonde haired, green eyed children are not the norm- she really draws a lot of attention. And I have even been told by locals to keep a careful eye on my kids while in other countries for that reason. Creepy but true. I’m sure most don’t have ill intentions and are just acting kindly towards her, but the amount of attention she gets from strangers is concerning.

The length of time the killers were in the home could be attributed to several things.
1. Looking on purpose for Jayme
2. Searching the home for a "particular thing"
3. Confrontation with Mom cause of wanting "to demand" particular information
4. Digging someone out of a hiding in a bathroom

I think, the Poster, you replied to, was stating the Perpetrator did not risk shooting Jayme, as she was now outside.
Probably neighbours would hear.
But, running out of bullets is also a possibility.
MOO.
I think that was my post and yes I meant that once outside and any distance towards the road would compromise the perp.

I'm leaning this way too....that we have what we believe to be a fact is incorrect. What do we believe is a fact but if it weren't would change our mindset?
Most seem to think this one is a targeted attack, largely because of Jayme. But maybe it was random. They were looking for a house to shoot up and possible rob and they chose that house because the lights were still on. Maybe they took Jayme as a bonus. This person may be beyond angry; someone really deranged.

I don’t believe the meth theory at all. Meth is cheap, meth addicts can be thieves but usually not murders. They wouldn’t be smooth criminals either.
As far as a possible BF if jaymes... I don’t believe that either. I think she is a victim of circumstance maybe?!
I’m totally boggled on the entire thing.
I wonder if James had enemies. Maybe he was difficult to get along with and pissed off the wrong person?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381