AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an electronic billboard today for Jayme.

On US Hwy 41 which parallels I-75 (north Atlanta). At first I thought it was an odd location, but figured it out on the way home.
Multiple distribution centers with 24 hr tractor trailer traffic going on I-75 and US 41, which goes from Florida to Michigan.

Hopefully someone will see something and say something.

JMO

@MassGuy, I agree on paper but honestly, we are only privy to what we've been told, right? If they were engaged in any such behavior, secretly, quietly, we just haven't been made aware. Not saying at all that is the case - so far seems to us on the very outside they were a good, hard working family. Just not sure how can you say for 100% certain there is no evidence...
It is an unequivocal fact that we haven’t been made aware of any evidence to that effect.

We aren’t allowed to accuse victims on here, as this is a victim friendly friendly site.

This isn’t a productive road to go down.

They are ‘salt of the earth’ people. But we’re bory parents born and raised there?
Could they have been given identities through a witness protection program, when they were young and newly married? And then had Jayme, the whole time keeping their cover identities?
Because they say El Chapo can order kidnappings and murders of witnesses while he is in prison.
Maybe if they on somebodys’ list? They would have had to be actively looking for them.
Parents are victims and have not been indicated as anything but. I don't think we are allowed to make unwarranted assumptions about them per rules.

forgive me if I'm mistaken but didn't the neighbor who gave all the interviews say that her dog was acting strange around 1 am? obviously police were beginning to arrive and that might draw attention but its possible the dog was reacting prior to LE arrival... and who knows how accurate her timeline is but I thought I read that in one of the articles.

Anyway, my point or question is, if her dog was acting strange, could the dog have sensed the possible perp taking Jayme via the back way and not highway 8 to escape?

clearly I'm starting to grasp at straws. but I do agree with posters who think this guy was a hunter and may have been waiting for the perfect time to begin this horrific attack. I asked my husband about ATV use but he said a quad would be louder than a vehicle and could draw more attention.

They are ‘salt of the earth’ people. But we’re bory parents born and raised there?
Could they have been given identities through a witness protection program, when they were young and newly married? And then had Jayme, the whole time keeping their cover identities?
Because they say El Chapo can order kidnappings and murders of witnesses while he is in prison.
Maybe if they on somebodys’ list? They would have had to be actively looking for them.

Both JC and DC were born and raised in the area local to Barron according to their obits.

No. If they were in witness protection they would not be in the same area they were born and raised, amongst other things. This is just not the case here.

First time poster here....
I’ve been reading these pages. I’m not sure if I missed it somewhere. I read she ran cross country at school. I’ve had kids in cross country, and they are out and about running around town and country roads, woods. Usually they are in groups.
Someone on their running route could have seen her, got a fixation and obsessed. I’m hoping LE has checked out that angle.
Great forum btw.
That's true but how would someone who had seen her running with a group know where she lived? It's quite a leap in obsession to invade a home and commit double homicide. JMO

So the motive was what? to drive up , hop out at midnight, go brazenly to a front door, bash in door, kill the dad , or kill dad through door and then shoot door open, terrorize and kill mom and knock daughter out -take her somewhere else and kill her, so the motive is surprise thrill kill of family that you didn't know was or could. have been armed because they were strangers to you and you depended solely on surprise and intent to murder?

I believe that the perps hit the wrong house. I think they thought they were hitting a drug dealer's house. If the perps expect their victims to be well armed, then a quick military style "shock and awe" assault makes sense. They kill the father (the person they consider the biggest threat) then tie up the mother (Jayme is hiding) and attempt to force her to tell them where the drugs/drug money is. She keeps telling them there are no drugs, but they don't believe her, and probably hit her, etc. Jayme hears all this, and decides she has to do something - grabs mom's phone and calls 911. She is discovered or thinks she's about to be, and makes a run for it.

Do we know that the perp was aware the 911 call had been made?
We're making it make sense with that assumption.

Who's making an assumption? I'm just theorizing why Jayme was at the property at 00.54 (when the call ended) and wasn't there when the police arrived just over 6 minutes later. It's just my opion of what COULD have happened during that time, i am definitely NOT assuming anything and i never would do.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed >
I have been reading this site for several months and finally joined today. The super job the mods do to keep this discussion fair and open was the reason. And, they continue their stellar job. Way to go guys !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
From reading what's said in that article it sounds consistent with murder-suicide. The mom suffered physical traumas in addition to the gunshot that seem consistent with domestic abuse.

This was in regard to the 2017 2xmurder/suicide. While LE hasn't said anything about it, I believe Denise also suffered physical trauma. Prior to the autopsies, they would only say there were gunshots but they would not hazard a cause of death. If it had been just bang bang it would have been pretty obvious. We suspect James was killed quickly. My theory is that Denise was NOT.

That's true but how would someone who had seen her running with a group know where she lived? It's quite a leap in obsession to invade a home and commit double homicide. JMO

they could have followed her home from the parking lot or wherever cross country kids meet their parents or friends to go home after practice. My cousins friend was almost abducted from cross country practice in the school parking lot in upstate New York about a decade ago.

maybe @SeekingJana could chime in here on how obsessions can escalate to a dangerous level because she is very good at explaining the behavior and theory behind these psychological things...I could try but it would probably make no sense

I know I'm just a lowly lil ole poster..
But WS has always had a policy that we aren't supposed to post things like " I know something about this case but I can't tell it".

ALL this does, whether it's speculation or proven fact, is cause people to wildly guess and try to, I guess, tick off the OP to the point where they spill what they " were told" or " know" or a crucial piece of case info that's misdirecting people, as has been said today.

I think this needs to be looked at with extreme side eyes, as we see and hear what's there, and if we are being told by one or two posters that the police or FBI have given out a key piece of information that's totally wrong knowingly, the integrity of our posts and thoughts are eroded because of the doubt created.

This is not directed to or against anyone but it is a new trend in this case and I think it's destructive.
If one person thinks something may be " wrongly stated", then they should stand up and ask " But- what if they were wrong and the crimes happened this way because______________" and state their reasoning.
OR, never mention it again and see what the FBI releases.

It is an unequivocal fact that we haven’t been made aware of any evidence to that effect.

We aren’t allowed to accuse victims on here, as this is a victim friendly friendly site.

This isn’t a productive road to go down.

You can discuss, but if it crosses a line, you can always start a private convo. That way, family friends and relatives or those who have experienced similar tragedies don’t have to hear it.

Would be nice if LE could set the public straight on a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch