AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in regard to the 2017 2xmurder/suicide. While LE hasn't said anything about it, I believe Denise also suffered physical trauma. Prior to the autopsies, they would only say there were gunshots but they would not hazard a cause of death. If it had been just bang bang it would have been pretty obvious. We suspect James was killed quickly. My theory is that Denise was NOT.

I agree. Especially if the timeline from the neighbors of gunshots at 12:31 am are accurate and the UNSUB being in the home for 20 minutes before the 911 call.

Yes if JC was hiding and heard first one parent killed, knows one parent is still alive and could save her, then second parent killed, knows no one can now save her so she has to run.

I think Jayme running is a good possibility. She ran cross-country so running would be something she might do. If that were the case, for the bad guy to catch her, they'd have to be pretty fit. I looked up results, only found one race but she ran the 3000 meters, so she has good endurance.
Or maybe she was running and a car picked her up. That would explain how there seem to be 2 different crime signatures. Maybe it's 2 different crimes.

Are you referring to the Closs family? That description doesn't seem to match them but I don't see who else you could be referring to.

We've heard that DC and young J were active at church, J went to lots of outside school activities and DC often attended events with her, DC was apparently active in charity things and raising money for causes like fighting cancer.

I do believe the timeline the neighbors have given when hearing the two shots.

Beyond that what they have said doesnt make sense based on what we have heard about this family.

Now they certainly may have had an issue of some kind with their next door neighbors. It certainly can and does happen.

But as far as being reclusive to everyone? I dont believe that for one second.

Jmo

I wasn't doing any speculating. I arrived late to the convo and just wondered why someone felt 100% certain that they could say there is no evidence to indicate anything was indicative along those lines when we all know we are probably privy to about 5% that LE knows. Seemed like an intense statement to make. Maybe should have been phrased that we, the public, have no evidence along those lines, yet also we know that LE is probably withholding 95% of what they've learned about other aspects of this crime, as well they should!
I understand. We certainly do not have much information. I was just making the point because others have suggested this was the case, not addressing a particular post. But if we do hear something that makes us think otherwise, I'm sure we will be looking at things in a completely different way. I was just pointing out that since we haven't had any evidence to suggest suspicious activities, or relations the parents may have had that led to the crime, it isn't going to get us anywhere to base theories on those things. Jmo

@MassGuy, I agree on paper but honestly, we are only privy to what we've been told, right? If they were engaged in any such behavior, secretly, quietly, we just haven't been made aware. Not saying at all that is the case - so far seems to us on the very outside they were a good, hard working family. Just not sure how can you say for 100% certain there is no evidence...
From Websleuths rules:/QUOTE]
Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

Something I have noted is dad James liked football- I believe the Greenbay Packers was his favorite team. There was a person who said he would take the following day off from the game to recover. Sorry to bring up a previous discussion, but other thoughts come in and we are off on that tangent, so wanted to come back to that thought.

Packers.com, the official website of the Green Bay Packers

Looks like the Packers beat the 49ers on Monday night, 11/15. The crime happened on Sunday night.

What was his work schedule? It matters a lot.

I really don't know but if what this person states is true than needing to take a day off to recover would sound more like a morning shift, if it was an evening shift one would have all day to recover before needing to be at work. JMO

Websleuth Rules in part: Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

I do believe the timeline the neighbors have given when hearing the two shots.

Beyond that what they have said doesnt make sense based on what we have heard about this family.

Now they certainly may have had an issue of some kind with their next door neighbors. It certainly can and does happen.

But as far as being reclusive to everyone? I dont believe that for one second.

Jmo

I agree with this. No reason to associate with new and older neighbors at all, other than a wave. Not sure that would even happen because of the distance between the houses. This crime did not occur in a subdivided neighborhood.

They are ‘salt of the earth’ people. But we’re bory parents born and raised there?
Could they have been given identities through a witness protection program, when they were young and newly married? And then had Jayme, the whole time keeping their cover identities?
Because they say El Chapo can order kidnappings and murders of witnesses while he is in prison.
Maybe if they on somebodys’ list? They would have had to be actively looking for them.
If they were in witness protection they wouldn’t have been at a family gathering. When you go into the program you literally leave your entire former life behind. Friends. Family. Everyone. Everything. So unless they were assigned new family members which I doubt cause how do you explain new people joining your family all of a sudden and da dolly... I think we can rule this notion out.

Just a thought. There has been mention of the possibility of her having met someone on line. I’m wondering if she could have met someone through group text. Kids often have a group text with their friends. My kids have showed me before when someone they didn’t know would show up on the text- a friend would suddenly add someone from another school. This would then give this person access to the other children’s contact info. Once another parent texted my son asking him about something that had happened in school that day. I didn’t think that was appropriate. But parents can get access to their children’s friend’s numbers. Lots of ways an adult could have gotten her number and befriended her through text, maybe pretending to be another kid. It’s really hard to monitor everything that goes on with your children’s phones.

Something I have noted is dad James liked football- I believe the Greenbay Packers was his favorite team. There was a person who said he would take the following day off from the game to recover. Sorry to bring up a previous discussion, but other thoughts come in and we are off on that tangent, so wanted to come back to that thought.

Looks like the Packers beat the 49ers on Monday night, 1o/15. The crime happened on Sunday night.

Maybe he was working overtime on Sunday because he wanted to take Tuesday off. It's impossible to know what his schedule was, though. We can only guess at this point. Jmo

See the confusing part for me is the cops getting there in 4 minutes. Basically they would of had to drag jayme out of the house and leave the car running all in 4 minutes. That is where things dont add up for me and makes me think the person was already there and maybe jayme was already in the running car
Yes. It is confusing. Maybe there was a second person in a vehicl
Maybe neither body has been released, and it was just a symbolic, empty casket.
Maybe the father was cremated.

Looks like the Packers beat the 49ers on Monday night, 11/15. The crime happened on Sunday night.

If James did require a day off following a Packer's game to some it may imply he may have an issue with alcohol especially if he was willing to forfeit the next days wages

If they were in witness protection they wouldn’t have been at a family gathering. When you go into the program you literally leave your entire former life behind. Friends. Family. Everyone. Everything. So unless they were assigned new family members which I doubt cause how do you explain new people joining your family all of a sudden and da dolly... I think we can rule this notion out.
Also, both parents (if I correctly recall) were previously married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18