AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions, that may seem really stupid at first, but I will explain my thoughts.
When LE asked the community to check their homes, buildings, etc. for anything out of the ordinary, how does LE depend on them to be truthful? Does LE search with the homeowners?
I ask these questions because I followed Jessica Lunsford’s case & I was just so heartbroken that she was right there, in the neighbor’s home, the whole time :(
I’m not saying Jayme is right there, in her neighborhood, but what if this perp is local & does have her in their own home?
I’m also not saying that the perp is a sexual predator. I still do not know what to make of her being abducted. MOO

We don’t see that type of thing though. Drug dealers tend to kill rivals, not a husband and wife who lived a middle class existence and worked at the same place for 27 years.

It’s a stretch IMO.

I'm assuming that the perps had the wrong house. Apparently the way roads are numbered/identified locally is rather confusing - which could be an issue if a dealer called in someone from out of town to do a hit.

A handheld radio scanner is essentially just a radio receiver - not something that would be trackable. I just took a quick look at the Best Buy website, and there are a couple models available for under $100, including one that specifically mentions being able to receive police and fire frequencies. If I was a criminal who planned to break into houses or sell drugs, I'd certainly have one so I could track police movements. (Which is why police will often switch to cell phones or to a scrambled channel if there is something "big" going on. However, that doesn't appear to be the case here, at least not initially.)

thank you so much for clarifying this and researching the info!

I'm assuming that the perps had the wrong house. Apparently the way roads are numbered/identified locally is rather confusing - which could be an issue if a dealer called in someone from out of town to do a hit.
It’s possible. But they would have quickly realized their error. They have two options at that point:

Kill them all

Run

Killing and kidnapping doesn’t make a lot of sense.

In regards to the little dog (“Molly”), she probably got scared and hung back or hid. She is a Shih Tzu, and they are mild mannered little lap dogs.

I watched an interesting YouTube video where a trainer was showing dog owners what their dog would do in a simulation “robbery” or “break in” scenario. Lots of dog owners believe their dog would jump in to defend them, but it was shocking to watch. Almost every dog tucked tail and ran from the room.

It was heartbreaking seeing Molly at the press conference she must be so confused and missing her family.

I have a few questions, that may seem really stupid at first, but I will explain my thoughts.
When LE asked the community to check their homes, buildings, etc. for anything out of the ordinary, how does LE depend on them to be truthful? Does LE search with the homeowners?
I ask these questions because I followed Jessica Lunsford’s case & I was just so heartbroken that she was right there, in the neighbor’s home, the whole time :(
I’m not saying Jayme is right there, in her neighborhood, but what if this perp is local & does have her in their own home?
I’m also not saying that the perp is a sexual predator. I still do not know what to make of her being abducted. MOO
Like the dairy farm that searched its own outbuildings o_O

I’d hope they’d (Le) would check with hardware/lumber stores in the area to see if certain items (locks, fencing) has been purchased in the last month or so.
If this was a planned anduction, the perp would need a place to keep someone.
Just a thought.

It’s possible. But they would have quickly realized their error. They have two options at that point:

Kill them all

Run

Killing and kidnapping doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Unless Jayme could identify the person(s) who killed her parents, and the killer’s conscience kicked in and he/she/they couldn’t pull the trigger again...

JMO

Also , If this was a hit they would have had a suppressor and would not kick in a door to risk making a bunch of noise. I know it’s rural, but that’s still a lot of noise in the still of the night. That’s just my thinking. Can’t really say it right. Hope that made sense.

I think they trust that most people are good honest people who are taking this seriously and will thoroughly search their property for anything suspicious or out of place. I think LE has to allocate resources in many different directions at this point and physically and legally cannot search every single property. I think if homeowners call in with something suspicious, someone is sent out to investigate. Depending on people to be truthful probably comes down to what other info they gather from collateral contacts/other investigative channels. If they have enough to search a house they will get a warrant to search themselves.

I wonder if there are other dogs nearby that barked...even if little Mollie did not.

My little one runs to the door with great excitement if she hears a knock or if someone walks across part of my patio (apt complex...it happens). She loves company. She is not a barker though. But then I have never had anyone with evil intentions come to my door.

Many don’t want to believe the 12:31 shots but that’s our best timing. The witness likely looked at a digital clock or she’d have said 12:30. As much as we might want to change it, it’s what we have. Anything else is purely second-guessing and revising the best available evidence.

Why did it take so long to make a 911 call? What would have delayed it? Being Denise’s phone would Jayme even know where it was or have easy access?

And, for those familiar with 13-year olds. Jayme was likely asleep at the beginning. What would most young teens do if they were awakened by shots, screams and fighting? Charge out to investigate or what?

I'm really concerned Jayme may be right there too...in the neighborhood...would make sense: being out of there after 911 call so easily...
I don't know how LE/FBI investigates things....I know what I'd do...but, maybe not legal, lol

I do understand the angle of meth heads...but, the idea of a 'hit'...I mean, maybe too much Tarantino films, eh? Lol.....this is rural Barron, Wisconsin, population 3,000
But then again......who knows?

One thing I simply cannot get out of my head is....: a perp who has underthought things: simply gone in raging...then, 'oh crap'...30 minutes to over think things.....
so: 911 call:
If the perp is known to the Closs family, is trusted: what do they want to try to prove: that they were not known, not trusted, they did not open door for them....so, dial 911...that indicates, fear, intruders, someone unknown...
to divert from the fact that they were known to the Closs family.....dial, hang up after you've a solid plan........
I know: this isn't Occam's razor here: simple thing: one of the victims dials, stays quiet to not alert perps....
I cannot shake the feeling that call was staged/faked etc - it was a decoy.......

Probably wrong. But to me, seems like someone caught in a situation they didn't think through might come up with throw off the scent, thinking that if they were intruders 911 would be called - they were not in truth intruders though, they were known people....
eh - hope this makes sense....
getting late in my neck of the woods.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo