AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we learned a bit more about James' job-- he worked in the area where they debone turkey and he delivered meat to the shipping dept-- but we still don't know his title or enough to pin down his hours. Hypothetically, if James worked a 7 AM-4 PM first shift on Sunday and was at home with Denise and Jayme after that, does anyone change their theory based on that? If so why?

The car found on Oshkosh river may deserve a second look.
October 23= officers called to scene because someone was heard yelling for help. Officers responded & searched in and out of the water. Found nothing.
Oshkosh Police Investigate Suspicious Incident on Fox River

October 26= someone driving by saw the red car in the water and called police. Police recovered the car.

Car Found in Lake Butte des Morts
Fyi. I live in the area & this news source is our local CBS. Even if this isn't a car that law enforcement mentioned, it could still be related as it's very suspicious......the fact that someone was yelling,"help!".....but Windows are up, no one around and doubt it was an accident since they didn't phone police for help.

Last edited:
While we don't know for sure, I'd guess no just based on what I've read about his athleticism - softball, gym membership, etc. But, you never know. MOO

I saw this mentioned on previous thread and along with mom being active in the Church/with It's members, it seems odd to me that the neighbours would classify them as "keeping to themselves and not answering the door" type of folks.

Makes me think that the Smezcaks (sp) may, for lack of a better term, be blowing smoke re: the Closs family.

Maybe the Closs' just didn't like them or thought they were nosey or whatever. Just because they had no interest in communicating with them, doesn't make them "hermits".

I think I will take whatever the Smezcak's say with a grain of salt.

So we learned a bit more about James' job-- he worked in the area where they debone turkey and he delivered meat to the shipping dept-- but we still don't know his title or enough to pin down his hours. Hypothetically, if James worked a 7 AM-4 PM first shift on Sunday and was at home with Denise and Jayme after that, does anyone change their theory based on that? If so why?
One of them, yes. But I have a few. Some days I feel like nothing makes any sense whatsoever. One potential idea I have is him coming home to finding something going on in the house. Many disagree with this for various reasons. If we knew for sure he was already home, I would cross that idea off the list.

News 18 spoke with Missy Ruffin, a friend of the family leaving the funeral; she said the Closs’ were good people.
“Jim [Closs] is the type that he is so much into the Packers that he would take off [work] if the Packers would play on Monday night,” said Ruffin. He would take Tuesday off because he knows he would be too hungover to go to work.”

Ruffin went on to talk about Denise Closs.
“It was all about Jayme, everything,” said Ruffin. “[Denise’s] world revolved around Jayme. When she was younger she had her in beauty pageants, ‘please vote on my daughter’s pictures’, you know, so that she wins the contest. She was all about Jayme.”
Funeral held for James and Denise Closs in Cameron

Hmmm.... Was there a game on Monday? Could James and Denise have both taken Monday and Tuesday off for that? I have asked here before (and I don't think anyone knows) but asking again-- if that 911 call had not been made, when would the bodies have been found? When would the parents have been missed and when would Jayme have been missed? Could a perp have thought they might have a day or two head start by doing these crimes on Sunday? Just something to ponder...

Also that is the first I have seen mention that Jayme was in beauty pageants when she was younger, not just dance. I wonder if any of those events were out of town? Maybe someone saw Jayme at one of those pageants and became obsessed?

October 23= officers called to scene because someone was heard yelling for help. Officers responded & searched in and out of the water. Found nothing.

October 26= someone driving by saw the red car in the water and called police. Police recovered the car.

Fyi. I live in the area & this news source is our local CBS. Even if this isn't a car that law enforcement mentioned, it could still be related as it's very suspicious......the fact that someone was yelling,"help!".....but Windows are up, no one around and doubt it was an accident since they didn't phone police for help.
I don’t know what to make of the yelling, but the act of dumping a car in a waterway, is by no means unusual.

It’s more than likely stolen, or dumped as part of an insurance scam.

I saw this mentioned on previous thread and along with mom being active in the Church/with It's members, it seems odd to me that the neighbours would classify them as "keeping to themselves and not answering the door" type of folks.

Makes me think that the Smezcaks (sp) may, for lack of a better term, be blowing smoke re: the Closs family.

Maybe the Closs' just didn't like them or thought they were nosey or whatever. Just because they had no interest in communicating with them, doesn't make them "hermits".

I think I will take whatever the Smezcak's say with a grain of salt.
From the beginning, I've wondered about this woman. Two neighbors were just murdered in cold blood, the daughter gone missing, and what does she do? She throws shade at them. Really? That's cold, if you ask me.

One of them, yes. But I have a few. Some days I feel like nothing makes any sense whatsoever. One potential idea I have is him coming home to finding something going on in the house. Many disagree with this for various reasons. If we knew for sure he was already home, I would cross that idea off the list.
I think we can also cross off a road-rage incident and a co-worker following him home. MOO

More often than not, when something of this magnitude happens, there's usually someone who wants to get their face on TV or see their name in the newspaper.
The proverbial "fifteen minutes of fame".

TBH, I'm shocked that not one single person, (a co-worker at the factory, the schoolbus driver, one person from the town hall meeting, the clerk at the gas station they buy gas) has said one word to any news reporting station.

Makes me think that maybe that was the main intent of that town hall meeting.

It sounds like the driver may have ended up in the water? I hope he or she is safe. MOO

Also that is the first I have seen mention that Jayme was in beauty pageants when she was younger, not just dance. I wonder if any of those events were out of town? Maybe someone saw Jayme at one of those pageants and became obsessed?

It sounds like the type of beauty pageants Jayme was in weren't the kind you "attend", but rather when the mom enters a photo online. These are usually just for babies and toddlers.

More often than not, when something of this magnitude happens, there's usually someone who wants to get their face on TV or see their name in the newspaper.
The proverbial "fifteen minutes of fame".

TBH, I'm shocked that not one single person, (a co-worker at the factory, the schoolbus driver, one person from the town hall meeting, the clerk at the gas station they buy gas) has said one word to any news reporting station.

Makes me think that maybe that was the main intent of that town hall meeting.
Except.....the neighbor.

It sounds like the type of beauty pageants Jayme was in weren't the kind you "attend", but rather when the mom enters a photo online. These are usually just for babies and toddlers.

That potentially opens the door to a lot more people seeing photos of Jayme. The online contests I have seen requiring people to vote for photos are usually public and anyone could view and possibly see her name/location. I wonder why none of our sleuths have found old online contest entries? Or have we and I missed that? Thanks.

It sounds like the driver may have ended up in the water? I hope he or she is safe. MOO
The distance between these incidents is a full 2 miles, FWIW. One is near the outlet to Lake Winnebago. The other is near the outlet to Lake Buttes des Morts. If the car went into the lake on 10/23, it wouldn't be visible on 10/26. At least, I don't think so. :-\

Hmmm.... Was there a game on Monday? Could James and Denise have both taken Monday and Tuesday off for that? I have asked here before (and I don't think anyone knows) but asking again-- if that 911 call had not been made, when would the bodies have been found? When would the parents have been missed and when would Jayme have been missed? Could a perp have thought they might have a day or two head start by doing these crimes on Sunday? Just something to ponder...

Yes, there was a game Monday afternoon. I wouldn't think they'd take Monday off, but maybe James would take Tuesday off. No idea on when the bodies might have been found, but if they both worked 1st shift, I'd have to say they would have been missed at work Monday morning. Jayme would have been missed at school that morning as well.

I tend to think the beauty pageants aren't related since they were when Jayme was younger.
MOO

If that were to turn out to be the case (actually if it turns out that James was home before the crime began no matter what time that was) it would change my theory because part of my theory is that the crime began before James returned home and that he returned home earlier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95