AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 vehicles sought in connection with missing Wisconsin teen - Wausau Pilot & Review
Here is where I seen Oct 8th mentioned as start date.
At this point there really isn't much to go on that hasn't been discussed 1,000 times already, so i'm just trying to piece together what LE knows, or has a pretty good idea about.
Because there isn't massive organized searches going on every day with the community it makes me believe they are pretty sure she is not anywhere near the home.
The Nationwide billboards make me believe they think she can be anywhere, Which make the vehicle descriptions all that more important.

If she could be a long distance away, then it would make you think it was targeted and that Jayme was the target. That would pretty much mean she'd had online contact with somebody and LE would have been all over that.

I realize the creeper guy has been "cleared"...but I can't help but think of other cases where the perp was originally cleared. He is a step beyond just a quirky cross-dresser. We are always told that LE watches for people who insert themselves into cases (helping search, calling in a zillion "tips" etc) but this guy inserted himself WAY in. I hope they keep a close eye on him.
His mode of transportation is: a bicycle.

I tend to agree with you. It may be simply that she tried to escape and they were in a hurry after the 911 call, so they just grabbed her and threw her in the vehicle. It might not seem like the way you would think it would go down, but we just don't know what happened.
Actually the logic here tells us that there are only three possibilities. A murder turned into an abduction, an abduction opened with a double murder, or both the murders and abductions were planned.

So, even though this guy brings to mind "it puts the lotion in the basket", maybe he was cleared with certainty because MAYBE they have prints and they're not his, and, the prints they have, have not been found in CODIS.

(Had to stress "maybe".)

If she could be a long distance away, then it would make you think it was targeted and that Jayme was the target. That would pretty much mean she'd had online contact with somebody and LE would have been all over that.
I agree that they would be all over an online contact. Maybe they are and they just are not making it public. When the case broke, Fitzgerald stated "we have 100% expectation that she's alive". I mean, that is a bold statement if you ask me. 100%, to me, makes me believe that they know something that they are not telling us about that expectation.

Thank you PommyMommy..

While the police usually say these are only vehicles of interest it usually turns out they believe one or both vehicles are involved. They are trying not to spook them.

However it is very interesting that neither of the drivers have contacted police.

This case has been published statewide and all across the country so these drivers would have to live in a cave not to know about these two vehicles of interest. I ceratainly dont believe either driver lives in a cave do you?

With no one coming forward willing admitting it's their vehicles and they were in the area at the very same time of the murders and kidnapping is confirming to the investigators they are on the right track imo.

Jmo

I've thought this, too. If I happened to drive a car similar to one in a nationally publicized crime, I would drive my car to the police station myself to let them search it (but I'm one of those people who always feels paranoidly guilty, even when I'm doing nothing wrong). :p

I tend to agree with you. It may be simply that she tried to escape and they were in a hurry after the 911 call, so they just grabbed her and threw her in the vehicle. It might not seem like the way you would think it would go down, but we just don't know what happened.
I think your theory makes a lot of sense! It breaks my heart what she went through, or possibly still going through!

When was Jayme's last dance performance? Was it open to the public?
Sometimes pedophiles attend things like dance performances and beauty pageants.
ugh having a daughter myself that takes dance class this idea makes me feel ill... but you are absolutely right... my town has had several recent incidents of strange people hanging out slightly hidden around playgrounds and the cops have had to run them off =( so it could be someone that saw her at any sports events really... didn't she also run track?

Edited to say... In a nutshell, he has been cleared and unless that changes I hope we all can refocus on Jayme and JC/DC homicides being solved so this doesn't turn into KJA crimes . jmo :)
My knee jerk reaction was KJA has something to do with Jayme's disappearance but given his history I think he saw opportunity for clothes in his own odd thinking. I recall reading that he stated to LE that the items were things that "wouldn't be missed" and wanted to know her size. Disturbing way to think but imo he thought he could sneak in there and get clothes like a shopping trip. The risk he took and the fact he took opportunity of a homicide locale is a sign to me he has serious issues and has poor impulse control. Yikes
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Kyle+Jaenke+Annis+Complaint.pdf

Last edited:
I've thought this, too. If I happened to drive a car similar to one in a nationally publicized crime, I would drive my car to the police station myself to let them search it (but I'm one of those people who always feels paranoidly guilty, even when I'm doing nothing wrong). :p

Not only drive a car that is similar, but drive a car that was similar and was near the seen of the crime the night of. I would make sure that they are not looking for me and that I am cleared. Great point PoppyMommy

I didn't see anyone listed in Cumberland. Her family was in Cameron, Cornell and Ladysmith.

Considering it is a small duplex that appears to have renters in and out over the years I don't think this is family.
maybe if not family a close family friend or a close friend of Jayme's?

Quick question about the Jayme Closs house. Whether or not KJA has anything to do with JC is insignificant to my question. I am just wondering what the state of the house is inside. Isn't it the home owners job to pay and have the crime scene cleaned? Wasn't the home just released back to the family that day?

Since it was burglarized the night before the funeral I doubt the family had a chance to clean anything or fix the doors before that. On top of all this going on they probably still have to work their regular jobs. Hopefully they will get a chance to fix the door this coming weekend. I don't know if I could stand to go there if this happened to my family. I would probably hire someone. But not everyone has that luxury.

Assuming Jayme is still alive, IMO there are things the public should know.

Are her coat and shoes missing? Clothes missing?

Did she have close friends? I have not heard anyone state she was their best friend nor have I heard of birthday parties or sleep-overs. Was she pretty much a loner?

What did she like? Dislike?

This information could help find her.

I think if they had any indication certain clothes were missing after the murders they would tell us. We haven't heard anything about her possible clothes or shoes.

Jayme has friends and was known in the community before this happened. We most likely will not see many of her friends speak to the press unless this goes on for many years and they become adults and decide to speak. Many are terrified and trying to protect their kids from the national media attention IMO. There is brief interview with the mom of one of Jayme's "Close friends" about 1:30 in this video (the girl is present but her face is not shown):

In this video the lady selling bracelets says her kids went to daycare with Jayme:

Earlier on in the case there was an interview with one of her friends:

Jayme’s friend *advertiser censored* said she knows the entire Closs family well. Her parents worked with Jayme’s parents. She said she doesn’t understand why anyone would harm them.
“I don’t think that there was anybody that would of been against them because they were such nice people, and I don’t think anybody would want to hurt them,” *advertiser censored* said.

*advertiser censored* also said whoever has her should give her back because there’s a lot of people who really love her and don’t want to see anything bad happen to her.

Family, friends share stories of who Jayme Closs is

*Friend's name changed to initials by me

We know a lot about Jayme's interest and activities. She ran cross country, danced, and liked art. The school superintendent read an essay she wrote for school in which she said if she won a million dollars she would give it to the poor and feed the hungry. She has been described as a quiet and caring girl who was very close to her parents.

I’m way behind here and looking for a post re: the rules for discussion of this Kyle fellow. Has Tricia posted on this? Tia.

My first impressions are that I can not help but be reminded of brutal, brutal killer Col. Russell Williams ( photo evidence of women’s lingerie, etc. Graphic:
Warning: Graphic photo evidence

While LE has stated that he has been cleared in the disappearance of Jayme, I have to say I’m still appalled that he would break into a home of a murdered family and abducted victim. While he has been clearned of involvement in these crimes, (and “cleared” is a very strong word when used by LE), what does this tell us about him? This is one very sick individual. Many rapists and SKs do things exactly like this and this shows a level of brazenness which imo is troubling. Cross dressing is not a crime by any means and that is one thing, but breaking into the home of a murder and abduction? Serious problems with this individual and the first thing that comes to my mind is Col. Russell Williams.

With that being said, moving on as he has has not been named a suspect. But I did want to say that this is not just some harmless cross dresser. There is much more to his actions than just cross dressing. Obvious propensities for pedophelia, B and E, the potential to violate (his actions have already been extremely violationing in both cases), etc. Moo. Not to mention pre-escalatory behavior, jmo. What will this guy be doing ten years from now? Very often it starts like this. I’ve seen it many times.

PS: can you imagine how mortified and violated and disturbed you’d be if someone broke into your house and stole your daughter’s underwear?!?! :eek: I know how extremely violated I felt when my place was burglarized and that wasn’t even underwear!!

Here is Tricia's post on KJA:
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Last edited:
I am so baffled by this case. I'm stuck and have no idea what happened here. There isn't a single thing I've completely discounted as being a possibility.
One question for those of you who think kidnapping Jayme was NOT the motivation for this rampage, what's your reasoning why the murderer didn't kill her and instead took her?? I would think that would be a lot of trouble to kidnap a 13 year old rather than kill her if that wasn't your original plan. Like I said, I'm open to EVERY situation here, but would just like to hear some reasoning/ideas from others

There could be a number of explanations. For example, perhaps they (I will say "they" but it could be a single person) picked out the house at random to burglarize. When they found there wasn't anything of real value there, they saw Jayme and decided to take her instead (I won't go into the reasons for that). Maybe they simply ran out of ammo (I know, that is real unlikely. I'm just throwing it out there.) Or maybe they just couldn't bring themselves to kill a child, so took her so they could decide what to do with her later.

Maybe there was a burglary ring and they were only a few of the members. (Remember, it has been reported that there was "serious criminal activity" in the area.) Being unable to bring themselves to kill a child, they took Jayme back to the larger group for them (or the leader) to decide what to do with her.

I'm not saying any of these are likely, but finding "likely" motives for any of this is difficult at best. I'm just saying it is a possibility that they couldn't bring themselves to kill a child at that point.

ugh having a daughter myself that takes dance class this idea makes me feel ill... but you are absolutely right... my town has had several recent incidents of strange people hanging out slightly hidden around playgrounds and the cops have had to run them off =( so it could be someone that saw her at any sports events really... didn't she also run track?

I saw she ran XC but haven't seen track. It would be difficult/disinteresting to a pedo to be a spectator at XC, as you see the runners at the start and basically not again until the finish line (they run the rest of the 5k through a wooded trail).

I am really hoping they didn't realize a child would be in the home, maybe Jayme was found in her bedroom hiding and they thought ****, DC just made a 911 call, I'm not prepared to murder a child right now- kid you're coming with me until I figure out what to do next. I don't think she had anything to do with this in any way shape or form.

I agree. At this point I definitely lean toward Jayme NOT being the target, reason, or motive for the home invasion.

Quick question for all of you sleuthers out there who keep an eye on the roads. In a case like this, if you were several states away and spotted a similar vehicle (like someone in Georgia did yesterday). Should we be calling the tip line, or the local Police? The only reason I ask is because I know local guys have other things going on and may not be following this case like we are. On the same token, though, the tip line may take too long to dispatch the proper people to investigate.

This is the type of stuff that rattles around my brain sometimes.
Tip line. Confident with FBI involvement it would sort out quickly. License plate number helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orlando1124