AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been a case where the parents were murdered and an abducted child was found alive even at a much later time?

There is always hope Jayme is alive, but the murder of her parents puts her in imminent danger. If she “willingly” went with someone it was a survival instinct.

She’s a victim no matter what, but I feel she didn’t have anything to do with it.

Shasta Groene's parents were killed and she was found alive. Hannah Anderson's family was killed and she was later found alive, too.

I'm sure Jennie O is a big place. Suspect says he didn't know Closs family? I wonder how true that is. I'm sure when it hit the news he at least recognized them

I have no idea how large the Barron facility is. I have searched for some stats eg. Shifts, salaries, number of employees, etc. and the data just isn't available. I did read KJ was a cashier, so I do not think he worked in the processing plant.

I think he/they came to get Jayme. :(

But none of it makes any sense, and we may never know. It's such a sad, depressing story. My wife wants me to stop following up about it. My daughter has moved in with her kids and I can't help but feel for this family and what might have happened to them.

In cases like these I also think about Jaycee Dugard. While her abduction didn't include murdering her family, I'm still shocked by the fact that a little girl can be taken and hid away for 18 years. It does happen though.

Quoting myself to add that from the beginning I've felt in the pit of my stomach that Jayme was the intended target.

Results from page 43 to 47

2 Undecided (Margarita25, SkipperKey3)

2 NO (kay74, Lillymac)

4 YES (SandyQLS, Paul S., Jbetty567, Regit)

Anyone else?
I seem to switch about every 24 hours and can now effectively argue the point in either direction, so......I guess I go to the undecided list. This case seems so multifaceted. Almost like multiple events that just happened to occur simultaneously.

Respectfully, I think the victimology suggests that to murder 2 adults while 13 year old Jayme was in the house ( per Sheriff press releases) the involvement of more than one perp. I've always thought there could have been 2 people involved in the murders/ abduction.

There are other crimes in which a single perp has murdered the parents and taken the child: the Short family in Virginia, for one, as well as the cases that I named in a previous post.

I seem to switch about every 24 hours and can now effectively argue the point in either direction, so......I guess I go to the undecided list. This case seems so multifaceted. Almost like multiple events that just happened to occur simultaneously.
I think we’d be able to make a lot more sense of this if we had just a bit of the information that LE is working with.

They likely have a pretty clear picture, while we have very little.

What other cases are you referring to? The only ones I've seen referenced on this thread were predators intending to kidnap as part of the original plan. (Though I may have missed them as the threads have moved fast!) If you or others could provide links to home-invasion-turned-kidnapping, I'd like to do some reading up on those.

I am on my phone now and don't know how to link but other posters have linked several cases where the parents or others in the home were murdered and then young children kidnapped by the perp.

Of course Joseph Duncan murdered three...mother..boyfriend and teen son before kidnapping Shasta and Dylan. After torturing and raping Dylan for 6 weeks he murdered him as well.

The Short parents were murdered inside of their home and their little girl kidnapped and later found murdered.

In one case a pedophile tried to burn down the home hoping to murder the little girl's family then he kidnapped the child and she is presumed dead at the hands of the pedophile.

There are more cases than these though. Perhaps you could search in the prior threads to find some of them or do a Google search.

I would do it but as I said i just started posting on my phone and haven't learned how to do links yet.

Imo

Last edited:
Results from page 43 to 47

2 Undecided (Margarita25, SkipperKey3)

2 NO (kay74, Lillymac)

4 YES (SandyQLS, Paul S., Jbetty567, Regit)

Anyone else?

I never said I fall on the side of undecided. I said it COULD be almost anything. My opinion right now, however, is that Jayme was NOT targeted. But there's just too much we don't know.

I have no idea how large the Barron facility is. I have searched for some stats eg. Shifts, salaries, number of employees, etc. and the data just isn't available. I did read KJ was a cashier, so I do not think he worked in the processing plant.

Well over 2,000 people employed among all operations (farm, hatcheries, plant) in 2017.
http://wcwrpc.org/ED-County-Profiles/BarronCounty2017.pdf

It don't know how he could be a cashier, there aren't any retail locations here despite the name "Turkey Store"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth