AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Blume on Twitter

Lots of #JaymeCloss questions about Jennie-O where her parents worked. Their corporate communications team recently responded to my @FOX9 inquiry. Attaching the Q&A below. #FindJaymeCloss

View attachment 153490

That says Jennie-O paid for the funeral expenses. It is good to know they took care of their long term employees like that and they didn't feel the need to broadcast it (they only shared it in response to a reporter's question). Some criticized Jennie-O previously for not offering a reward sooner but they have since offered $25,000 and IMO their quiet contribution to pay for the funeral shows that as a company they are not interested in using this tragedy for gain. I don't especially like turkey, but they get an A in my book for doing the right thing for their employees and the community they operate in. JMO.

@Charliegizmo49

I don't know where the line is exactly as far as getting the thread shut down, but I'd say you are playing with fire for something that has been hashed out many times in these threads, and no evidence points towards it being relevant. Be careful.

Thank you. I think it goes to the core behavior of the community and the lengths the schools go to to help all students. And perhaps the character of work at the plant. Absolutely no offense is intended whatsoever.

I can't yet make sense of the crime, so I am
UNDECIDED
if Jayme was primary target..

Occam's Razor doesn't quite work in this case for me. Occam's Razor would give the theory results of "Two people were murdered in their home so the purpose was murder," THEN Occam's Razor could as easily be flipped to say " A young girl is missing, so the purpose of the other actions was to remove her from the home forcibly".

MOO - I don’t see that as even a remote possibility. I just can’t wrap my head a home invasion that starts with a double homicide and ends in an abduction.

Sharon. I have to agree. I can’t either. Though I haven’t been able, with any certainty, to break this into components and analyze exactly what it started as that night. It makes no sense with the amount of info LE has shared.

It ended very badly though.

Last edited:
That says Jennie-O paid for the funeral expenses. It is good to know they took care of their long term employees like that and they didn't feel the need to broadcast it (they only shared it in response to a reporter's question). Some criticized Jennie-O previously for not offering a reward sooner but they have since offered $25,000 and IMO their quiet contribution to pay for the funeral shows that as a company they are not interested in using this tragedy for gain. I don't especially like turkey, but they get an A in my book for doing the right thing for their employees and the community they operate in. JMO.

This is totally unexpected but this is the first thing in days about this case which has made me cry. Unexpected acts of goodness and kindness touch our hearts so much, you know?

Since I've stated before that I see this as a rage killing, I do not believe that Jayme was the intended target but a witness to the crime and the angry perp was unable to step over the line of killing a child. Jayme was taken and may still be alive. I pray that she is. Keep hoping.

MOO - I don’t see that as even a remote possibility. I just can’t wrap my head a home invasion that starts with a double homicide and ends in an abduction.

May I ask why since its certainly happened before to other families and children.

It sure is on the table of possibilities for me.

Imo

Yes.

I haven't yet heard a reasonable explanation for why she would be taken unless that was the plan from the beginning.

My explanation for this would be that the parents were killed in a dispute/grudge type of revenge killing. They intended to shoot Jayme too, but maybe it was Jayme that made the 911 call and the perp(s) realized they had to get out of there asap. This would point to it being a local as they knew LE would respond quickly (4 mins i believe) so had to take Jayme as she was a witness to the murders. OR maybe they ran out of bullets (reports say multiple rounds spent) and again had to take Jayme as she was a witness. This could also explain why neither Jayme or the dog were shot. MOO of course!

Agree. They're back on as my choice of turkey for next month. (Sorry, Butterball.)

Agreed, it's not looking good. We have seen a lot of statistics that say kidnapping victims are usually killed in the first 24-48 hours. Are there any stats for victims who are rescued alive as to how long it was before they were found? I feel like most that are alive are found alive quickly, but I know there are longer term cases like Elizabeth Smart. Just wondering if anyone has found the average number of days/weeks/months a living victim endures?

I do have to agree with MsBetsy and the above. I hope Jayme is the exception here and not the law of likelihood
She is beautiful and should have a full life ahead of her. And I hope whoever committed this crime is found very soon.

@SandyQLS
No. I have to expound on that sorry for the book.
Imo, this was not a planned home invasion or planned abduction or planned crime. I am of the opinion that was expressed earlier. My speculation starts here: I believe an older male probably late teens to 30 yrs old whether friend or, friend of a friend, or not a friend, was caught expressing inappropriate interest in Jayme (whether this was physical or not tbd), said person left or was forced to leave, went to his car, grabbed his gun and kicked in the front door; out of pure rage. Either b/c they were mortified they'd been caught or b/c they were enraged by something that was said by Mr or Mrs Closs after being caught expressing interest. Possibly: that they would be calling police, what sick minded perv he is, how he would never touch their daughter, she deserved far btr, he is scum, any number of possible comments. OR, he begged her parents, it was of 0 help in changing their minds, so he flew into a rage. I believe Jayme is alive if this is a spin on the actual scenario and could feel so torn or feel unwarranted guilt. NO, I do NOT believe she was a part of, or even liked the person in my possible scenario, or she could have been interested in the attention, like I was at 13 yrs old, that's normal. The reason I think this is b/c i was stalked myself. My ex kicked our front door in & guns were drawn it could've so easily turned to murder. Those type comments were what sent him over the edge. After he begged, he switched to enraged, psycho behavior and kicked the door in, my father drew a weapon and a stand off took place, there was a lot of screaming and begging on my part b/c my ex kept moving closer to the gun which was pointed at his face, very brazen and my poor Dad, I felt so guilty. The initial begging was almost believable, this was in stark contrast to what his friends & family felt abt him & it took them watching him do this to more(plural) girls b4 they even considered I wasnt to blaim for his crazy) The scary part we never called the police. I did several other occasions but we were embarrassed. Looking back that is so ridiculous, he should be in jail just based on numerous girls/women he stalked or scared bc he didnt get to own them.
I think this is why they made the statement she is 100% alive. They wouldn't name a poi if they believe she is alive IMO. They want her to stay alive.
They were enhancing the 911 call and I believe they heard a bit more than we will ever know. And I don't believe LE will ever release that 911 call.
All speculation on a possible scenario.

Some criticized Jennie-O previously for not offering a reward sooner

I think people forget how big some of these Corporations are, as well. I'm sure the plant wanted to do the right thing from Day 1, but they are a small cog in a much bigger (financially) machine. It takes some time, but they have to get payouts like that approved for a variety of reasons. Glad to see it all got worked out.

May I ask why since its certainly happened before to other families and children.

It sure is on the table of possibilities for me.

Imo

What other cases are you referring to? The only ones I've seen referenced on this thread were predators intending to kidnap as part of the original plan. (Though I may have missed them as the threads have moved fast!) If you or others could provide links to home-invasion-turned-kidnapping, I'd like to do some reading up on those.

there was one case I followed on here where someone did a home invasion and killed like 6 members of family with a baseball bat not even a gun. I was convinced it was multiple people till the case was solved. So it is certainly possible.

True and in Georgia ...Guy Heinz Jr killed 8 family members all by himself.

There are many cases over the years where multiple victims where murdered by one sole perpetrator

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members