AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Short murders have yet to be solved and it was years ago but it sure is similar to this case. JMO

I know. Such a very sad case. The parents were very good people who were known as very good parents. Yet they were murdered in cold blood inside of their own home and their precious daughter kidnapped only to be found murdered.

It truly shows no one is really safe even if they live a moral law abiding life..

Terror can strike anywhere at anytime.

How can anyone really protect themselves when they have no clue who may be targeting them and their home with evil intentions to do such violent acts?

It is these kind of cases I find most chilling when the victims were totally unaware of what was to come and had no clue who the perp even was.

And many times they are the hardest cases of all to solve.

Imo

There's plenty of reason to suspect who or why though. We have to assume that LE put those cameras out there to gather potential visual/audio data that relates to their investigation into the murders of Jayme's parents and potential abduction of Jayme. That would in all likelihood mean they were anticipating a person or persons with direct knowledge of those things to return to the home.

JMO.
I think it’s far more likely that those cameras were installed to protect the integrity of the crime scene.

I’m sure that LE had a vehicle parked outside the house at all times (when they still had possession of it).

Cameras were simply there to cover their bases.

I’m not aware of any “home invasion” that started with the perp blasting their way in and killing then ending in an abduction. Maybe it has happened before and of course it’s possible until it’s been eliminated, but no that’s not on the table for me unless something new comes out to suggest it.
There is a similar case that has many of the same characteristics:

- Parent/guardians in the home brutally murdered
- Home broken into with the goal of taking young child(ren)
- Nothing else of real value taken besides children
- One of the abductees was young female

Perp in this case was a violent sex offender who had multiple previous instances of abuse of children.

Now that posting has slowed down, I would be very interested in internal polling here. I am not the best poster to setup that sort of thing, but I would like to see condensed opinions as percentages. For example:

YES: You think abduction of Jayme was the primary purpose of this crime.

Or

NO: You do NOT think the abduction of Jayme was the primary purpose of this crime.

I know most of you have considered all the great ideas and multiple scenarios, but what is your strongest gut feeling or thought process on just that Yes or No.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, yes, I think the abduction of Jayme was the primary purpose of this crime

Thank for participating in the poll. I think WS'ers are an excellent focus group. Results pages 43-53:

10 Undecided (Margarita25, vmmking, Charliegizmo49, SeekingJana, Waterdog, MassGuy, pinkfly, Steelslady,Cass523, chihuahua)

13 YES (SandyQLS, Paul S., Jbetty567, Regit, Le Singe, Lamima, bizzle2, Jaded_musician, LaborDayRN, cpeacock1, Moonsie, Mountain_Kat, Lady Justice21)

9 NO (kay74, SkipperKey3, Lillymac, WiseOwl, Get off my lawn!, proctorelites, AuctionGal, Cj707, I84tea2)

32 responses

Undecided 31.3%
YES 40.6%
NO 28.1%

YES. Well that's my thinking today at least.
Kidnapping a 13 year old is such an involved crime, IMO takes premeditation/a good amount of thought and I don't see this being a secondary crime- Jayme was the primary goal.

There's plenty of reason to suspect who or why though. We have to assume that LE put those cameras out there to gather potential visual/audio data that relates to their investigation into the murders of Jayme's parents and potential abduction of Jayme. That would in all likelihood mean they were anticipating a person or persons with direct knowledge of those things to return to the home.

JMO.
Or at least hoping. It was a good move, but I'm not sure it will be of help now that it's been made known the cameras are there. If they were so sure someone would return, I don't think they would have let that information get out. Imo

JMO.
Agree. In my opinion, the setup was based on the recommendation of the BAU and based on their knowledge of how the crime transpired and whatever "read" they have on whoever was involved.

Easiest way is to report any of your own posts, such as the one I am replying to, by clicking the report link and in the area where you write up what you are reporting explain you wanted to ask a question and ask the question there.
Thank you!

JMO.

My first thought wrt LE setting up cameras after releasing the house was to see if someone would come back and try to get things a young girl might need...like clothes, shoes, a coat or jacket. Sure enough, that happens, and it turns out to be a grown homeless man who likes to dress up in little girls clothing ?! And he's NOT a suspect ?! What are the odds of THAT ?!

I think it’s far more likely that those cameras were installed to protect the integrity of the crime scene.

I’m sure that LE had a vehicle parked outside the house at all times (when they still had possession of it).

They were motion activated cameras. When the crime scene was active, there was someone there 24 hours/day, so there would have been no need/reason to have those kinds of cameras there. In fact, they would have been self-defeating in that regard.

Also, why have the cameras up AFTER the crime scene investigation at the home ends? No need to protect a crime scene when they had already returned the property to the family a week or more ago, right?

JMO.

Two situations that, in my view, would make it more likely that she is alive than dead:

1. If a predator went through all of that just to capture - literally - the purported object of his desire, then it seems as likely that he would've also prepared a place for her to be until he sees fit.

2. She would likely be alive if she was an impressionable (and coerced) participant in the crime.

Let me be clear - in BOTH scenarios, she is a victim. No need to admonish me for positing her potential involvement.

JMO.

Yes, DocBrew.
If this was planned to capture Jayme, surely there is a place already specified to keep Jayme.
Also a 'get away' would have been planned ahead.
MOO

They were motion activated cameras. When the crime scene was active, there was someone there 24 hours/day, so there would have been no need/reason to have those kinds of cameras there. In fact, they would have been self-defeating in that regard.

Also, why have the cameras up AFTER the crime scene investigation at the home ends? No need to protect a crime scene when they had already returned the property to the family a week or more ago, right?

JMO.

I think they were simply set up on the off chance that the perp(s) returned to the crime scene. Why they would return I don't know. LE already had the cameras and they don't take long at all to set up. Probably just figured they'd put up the cameras and maybe get lucky.

My first thought wrt LE setting up cameras after releasing the house was to see if someone would come back and try to get things a young girl might need...like clothes, shoes, a coat or jacket. Sure enough, that happens, and it turns out to be a grown homeless man who likes to dress up in little girls clothing ?! And he's NOT a suspect ?! What are the odds of THAT ?!
Just my opinion but I think why law enforcement expected someone to return was not for clothes but for some other item. Law enforcement no doubt has this item but whoever is involved couldn't know that for sure, and if the person(s) involved are young in age or functional maturity (which is what I think is the situation) there would be reason for law enforcement to think that such person(s) would think they might be able to return and retrieve the item.

I agree. If they suspected a certain individual I would think there are easier ways to track them down. Installing the cameras shows how thorough they are. I imagine they are doing all kinds of clever things that we don't know about. It's amazing what is involved in an investigation like this. Jmo

I am undecided.

I do not have a definitive opinion.

Almost all possibilities are still on the table for me.

The only one I don't consider is Jayme meeting someone online. If that had been the case the FBI has had more than ample time to find that connection.

Imo I think they have found Jayme only chatted with her school friends and family.

I don't think Jayme had a boyfriend either...not her age or older. Again they would have found that link by now if it existed.

The two vehicles of interest make me think the suspect is not even from that county for it would only take around 6 hours for the FBI on the ground to locate both vehicles registered there.

I hope they are looking for stolen vehicles nationwide matching the descriptions.

I would also like to know if there has been any BOLOs issued in this state or across the country where someone may have escaped from a county jail or state prison.

Imo

While I am convinced that Jayme was the target, the one thing I'm not absolutely convinced of is that whoever kidnapped Jayme did so with sexual assault in mind. I can see possibilities for other scenarios, however slim the odds.

My intuition replies with a resounding YES!
Thank you. I will keep track of all new responses. I may try the poll again in a few hours to catch replies from the late crew, probably on a new thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem